Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bazinga thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: nureat01

It's true, Kavya.....MR seems to have spoken to the producers himself and he's leaving end Feb....someone confirmed it in the forum. LTL is finished *sigh*....I just wish they'd given DN a proper culmination before MR left.....ab god knows what kind of retarded crap they'll show with the new guy coming in as Nakku's new love interest or whatever.

- just the other day, I was thinking LTL is the only soap that didn't wander off from its basic premise of Nakku's "color" being her curse despite its pace and extreme melodrama. If Dutta leaves, LTL should shut shop - Nakku's new love interest track will turn LTL into BS.

@bold : Sigh! ๐Ÿฅบ  

AreYaar thumbnail
LOL the forum has such HILARIOUS random topics....ppl are actually busy crying for DN SR before MR leaves?!๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†....

@Kavya: That's the thing naa.....the channel and these producers are more interested in minting out of the show....so they want it to keep on going on....and for that reason they won't give DN a culmination just so they can keep on highlighting Nakku's miseries....lead heroine crying = TRPs is the ultimate mantra of daily soaps after all *rolls eyes*

If this was any other show....anyyyyyyyy other show, they MIGHT have survived without the lead actor....but this is DUTTA we're talking about.....a character that comes up on TV like ONCE in a blue moon.....I can't remember the last time a character fascinated me this much and upar se MR played him toooooooooo well for anyone random "cop" character to manage to fill his shoes.....*hopeless sigh* Although there had been indications since a while now so I was kinda expecting confirmation of MR leaving sooner or later but I hadn't wanted that they wouldn't even give DN that closure :S
Bazinga thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

LOL the forum has such HILARIOUS random topics....ppl are actually busy crying for DN SR before MR leaves?!๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†....

@Kavya: That's the thing naa.....the channel and these producers are more interested in minting out of the show....so they want it to keep on going on....and for that reason they won't give DN a culmination just so they can keep on highlighting Nakku's miseries....lead heroine crying = TRPs is the ultimate mantra of daily soaps after all *rolls eyes*

If this was any other show....anyyyyyyyy other show, they MIGHT have survived without the lead actor....but this is DUTTA we're talking about.....a character that comes up on TV like ONCE in a blue moon.....I can't remember the last time a character fascinated me this much and upar se MR played him toooooooooo well for anyone random "cop" character to manage to fill his shoes.....*hopeless sigh* Although there had been indications since a while now so I was kinda expecting confirmation of MR leaving sooner or later but I hadn't wanted that they wouldn't even give DN that closure :S

WORD on that! Seriously - it is DUTTA man ! I CANNOT even IMAGINE some other character "filling the gap", let alone the character of Dutta being played by some other actor. Firstly the character sketch was terrific and secondly, MR elevated it further with his portrayal, he added a new dimension to it and gave it that extra edge *sigh* - it was a perfect combination , talk about everything falling into place , it  is like VERY VERY RARE on Indian TV . To think that it has to end like this - what an anticlimax! 

Edited by Kavya_KraZQueen - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kavya_KraZQueen

WORD on that! Seriously - it is DUTTA man ! I CANNOT even IMAGINE some other character "filling the gap", let alone the character of Dutta being played by some other actor. Firstly the character sketch was terrific and secondly, MR elevated it further with his portrayal, he added a new dimension to it and gave it that extra edge *sigh* - it was a perfect combination , talk about everything falling into place , it  is like VERY VERY RARE on Indian TV . To think that it has to end like this - what an anticlimax! 

*sigh* Exactly.....what an anti-climax indeed I don't even feel like watching the show anymore....waise bhi the rest of the week will be all of Nakku's rona-dhona only.....and next week Dutta returns....only to be shown with SEEMA๐Ÿคข
LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Hey people ... a little late in coming but here's my two cents on BBB - I FINALLY completed watching the movie. Needless to say, I was impressed. I was impressed with the consistency of Bittoo's character. I was impressed with the almost fast pace of the movie and more so, I was impressed that every scene actually lended itself to the next scene. No scene was wasted or dragged. The editors have done a marvelous job with their scissors. Ranveer is a very good actor and Anushka is natural. These two had a rare chemistry that made me wanna root for them. I wasn't as affected by Shahid-Kareena's lip-lock in JWM as I was by Anushka-Ranveer's.This time the makers got it right, it was tastefully done ;-)

Re: songs - I liked Ainvayi Ainvayi best of the lot.

Edited by LadyMcbeth - 13 years ago
incandescence thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Oh! Hmmm...I was kinda expecting it....I wish they'd just end it....ahhh one more show gone down the drain...kya yaar.....*long sigh*

And I was also a Ram Kapoor fan though I have never watched Kasam Se...lol...I loveddddd him as Rahul in Ghar Ek Mandir...that was the first Indian soap I ever watched...
LadyMcbeth thumbnail

New YRF show starting in end Jan.....sounds kinda interesting....I'll give it a try....hope it's good.

[quote]

Khotey Sikkey, the next big launch on Sony..

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 | 2:16:24 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)     Khotey Sikkey, the next big launch on Sony..

YRF is back with a bang, and it will be their unique concept, Khotey Sikkey that will be the first fiction launch on Sony in the New Year..

YRF is back again on the small screen with their next unique venture Khotey Sikkey which is the story of five affluent youngsters and an honest cop who walk on the path of eradicating urban crime in the society.

The show which will air on Sony will trace the lives of these five grown-up individuals who are into drugs, use a lot of weapons, drive fast cars, party a lot and interact with people who are involved in nefarious activities.

Our source states, "The story of Khote Sikkey will open up when all these five people are locked up in jail for committing one or the other crime. This is when the cop realizes that these people have the money, power and the approach to get to the notorious people creating a menace with urban crime. The cop then forces these youngsters to help out the police in wiping out crime from the city".

YRF team has shot for the show in real-life situations and the episodes have come out well.

Hasan Zaidi who was part of YRF's Rishta.com and Powder comes back to the small screen with a lead role in the show. The other four leads are relatively new to the small screen.

Our source states, "Hasan plays the character of Mohit who is a complete alcoholic, and a street car racer. He is one character who buries a lot of anger within him, as his girl friend is in coma due to a mishap that he committed earlier. Then you have Purush Chibber who essays the role of Hameer Rizvi who is an out and out gambler. Dilkush plays the role of Delnaaz who is totally into drugs. Sukhmini Sadhana plays Uttara who is a typical recluse and does not like to be in a company. Mark Parikh essays Ayush who is a computer hacker. The role of the honest yet adamant cop is played by Vikas Kumar who was earlier seen in Powder".

Khotey Sikkey is expected to launch on January 21st and will be a bi-weekly, airing on Friday and Saturday.

This product from YRF appears to be the hottest property on Sony Entertainment Television right now, and we are sure viewers would await its launch.. [/quote]

*Edit: And here's the promo:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnpkEChWbac[/YOUTUBE]

I find it quite hard to imagine Sid from Mahi Way as a heterosexual computer hacker๐Ÿ˜†....he's permanently Sid in my mind now...."main aurat khoob niraali hoon"๐Ÿ˜†

Why does this remind me of Leverage concept? An honest guy solving crime with a team of con people each armed with a specific skill - thief, grifter, hitter and hacker
Edited by LadyMcbeth - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: LadyMcbeth

Ranveer is a very good actor and Anushka is natural. These two had a rare chemistry that made me wanna root for them. I wasn't as affected by Shahid-Kareena's lip-lock in JWM as I was by Anushka-Ranveer's.This time the makers got it right, it was tastefully done ;-)

I agree....that kiss was very tastefully handled....and enacted very nicely by both actors....there was a sort of sweetness, a tenderness to it as well that I liked.....and it was a major turning point in the story.....wasn't used just for cheap thrills....
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: incandescence

Oh! Hmmm...I was kinda expecting it....I wish they'd just end it....ahhh one more show gone down the drain...kya yaar.....*long sigh*

And I was also a Ram Kapoor fan though I have never watched Kasam Se...lol...I loveddddd him as Rahul in Ghar Ek Mandir...that was the first Indian soap I ever watched...

I was expecting it too given the news floating around since a while.....but all I wanted was a good ending for DN given the beautiful way in which their story was shaped.....but sadly that doesn't seem like it will happen.....instead it's going the convoluted Kekta B.S. way with a new guy introduced for Nakku....pathetic....this wasn't some typical story where ppl fall in love in 3 days and get married a zillion times.....the journey of these two characters....their soulful connection with each other.....why make a mockery out of it by now showing Nakku with some other random guy? Just end the show, seriously. And what is irritating me is that MR only has a month left in this show but they are going to waste that time laying the basis for that new undercover cop person to enter the show....bleaghhh.

Oh Ram Kapoor in Ghar Ek Mandir....lol....I used to watch glimpses of it when it aired....never saw it regularly but he was sooooo handsome then๐Ÿ˜†....cuz he was in shape too....baad mein toh he became sooooooo huge....like a gol matol clown๐Ÿ˜†.....Kasamh Se was the first soap I watched after coming to the U.S.....again all cuz of my MOM watching it๐Ÿ˜†
LadyMcbeth thumbnail
^ Exactly Anu ... most of the kisses shown these days are HAWT ones as a result of aggression, mostly used for cheap thrills!

Anyhoo, this movie reminded me of Rishta.com ... wonder why?