Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

All Tees Maar Khan reviews here (Page 66)

Somii Goldie
Somii
Somii

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 3:06am | IP Logged
Tees Maar Khan Has Heavy Fall On Tuesday

Wednesday 29th December 2010 15.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

The collections of Tees Maar Khan are declining very fast as Tuesday showed a big drop from Monday.    

The film collected around 3.25 crore nett on Tuesday which takes its five day business to around 45.50 crore nett. The two days left of the week may bring in another 5 crore nett.

The numbers are still very big for five days but problem is they are falling even faster then they started. Looking at the trending the film is looking to finish its lifetime business at around the 65 crore nett mark.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sheeeruky786

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 8:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Zareena

acha yaar, Tees Maar Khan IS a BIG FLOP, DISASTER, WASHOUTLOL Now happy?? Let's all call Flop Maar Khan..lol

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL I didn't realise you said that

Abbyvivwida

lovanika IF-Rockerz
lovanika
lovanika

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 8:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by xetaxeta

I find it funny that some people are just pulling this film down because SRK wasn't in it. MHN and OSO were no less. I still don't understand how they worked. Both barf inducing.

I haven't watched the movie yet so wouldn't comment on it.
Will I watch the movie??/OFCOURSE..I am big Akki fan and I know that the movie is not a milestone of any kind but is going to make me laugh..I laugh at cheap jokes..LOLLOL

But for me Farah is not a great director without SRK. Her movies OSO and MHN worked totally on SRK power. Maybe now she knows this....so next time seh might pay more attention to script and the story like BBB which people are sayign is awesome and has no big stars....

SRk do have a HUGE impact on BO...I also think that SRK helps out a lot in the production of a movie too. Like if you see the credits for OSO or MHN it is - Thrills by SRK...so I guess the jokes and the style that worked in those movies were thanks to SRk....

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

anna143

theprince IF-Rockerz
theprince
theprince

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 9:34am | IP Logged
TMK looks to be a losing proposition'

He came, he saw and he conquered. Not quite, say trade experts, adding that after a great start, Farah Khan's Tees Maar Khan witnessed a gradual dropping in collections at the box-office. The trade rule is that Sunday seeing a better collections than Saturday, which fares better than
Friday. But we're told the Akshay Kumar-Katrina Kaif comic heist registered at least Rs 1 crore less on Sunday as compared to about Rs 13 crore on opening day.

"Monday registered a third of opening day collections and Tuesday saw them fall further. It looks to be a losing proposition," observes Amod Mehra, a veteran trade analyst, adding "The film still needs to earn at least Rs 40 crore worldwide to break even. But when 99 per cent of the audience rejects a movie, its chances of becoming a hit is less."

TMKOn condition of anonymity, a single screen theatre owner in Mumbai attributed the film's failure to lack of soul. He says, "At the onset, the film's makers should have avoided comparing their Sheila ki jawani with Munni badnaam hui from Dabangg. Although Sheila and the Christmas weekend did help in drawing an initial, they couldn't sustain it due to lack of substantial content. Although Akshay Kumar and Farah Khan made their money by selling it to UTV, Tees Maar Khan's disappointing box-office performance will affect Akshay because his last couple of films haven't done well commercially."

Apart from the content, the pricing also worked against Tees Maar Khan, asserts Sanjay Mehta, a Delhi-based distributor. "The remuneration of the actors and directors affected the pricing. Besides, they are also producing it. Fixing a price and not being able to recover it, results in a hoarding-like situation. Eventually that went against the good start the film took at the box-office," he explains.

Another reason Tees Maar Khan failed is the delayed advance booking. A CEO of a national multiplex chain revealed that the film's makers didn't allow bookings to open in single screens on Monday. He says, "In many theatres bookings started only on the morning of release because the filmmakers were asking for huge advances. No wonder first shows in single screen theatres in places like Rajkot, Uttar Pradesh were cancelled."

On the hike in ticket prices helping the film collect a fabulous initial, Mehra commented that the fall was equally bad too. "It won't be a disaster like Kites, Raavan or Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey, but the exact figures can be gauged only after the second weekend," he said. However, our multiplex CEO is sure the makers won't recover the high cost. "TMK will register a loss of at least Rs 5 crore. And that's why Farah needs to be cautious about her next movie and Akshay worried about his next, Patiala House."

http://www.hindustantimes.com/TMK-looks-to-be-a-losing-proposition/Article1-644160.aspx

friends_rockruky786

Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 11:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Somii

Tees Maar Khan Has Heavy Fall On Tuesday

Wednesday 29th December 2010 15.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

The collections of Tees Maar Khan are declining very fast as Tuesday showed a big drop from Monday.    

The film collected around 3.25 crore nett on Tuesday which takes its five day business to around 45.50 crore nett. The two days left of the week may bring in another 5 crore nett.

The numbers are still very big for five days but problem is they are falling even faster then they started. Looking at the trending the film is looking to finish its lifetime business at around the 65 crore nett mark.

whao!! it falls even more??Shocked looks like TMK was completely different than MHN and OSOLOL farah now your critics and your 'audience' has rejected the movie. I think it might be average fare at the BO! I think OSO and MHN worked because Srk also use to give his feedback and it was his production house. I wonder how much of the movie farah directed.

Edited by Zareena - 29 December 2010 at 11:45am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

glittersfriends_rockwida

-Anjaani- IF-Rockerz
-Anjaani-
-Anjaani-

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 11:51am | IP Logged
Disappointments!

December 29, 2010 - 08:57 IST

Okay, it's more than evident that TEES MAAR KHAN has emerged a tees maar disappointment. In terms of audience feedback. Also in terms of box-office numbers. The reactions to the film vary from achchi hain [a tiny minority] to theek hain [again, a minority] to mazaa nahin aaya [the majority has given it thumbs down].

The tremendous hype surrounding the film + Christmas period + extensive release strategy [the film was released at a record 2100 screens in India] + escalated ticket rates at most cineplexes should've ensured a bountiful Rs. 45 cr. to Rs. 50 cr. nett opening for the film, but the weekend numbers [Rs. 38.25 cr. nett] clearly indicates that TEES MAAR KHAN hasn't lived up to the expectations. The cracks in business were visible on Saturday itself, when several plexes reported lesser numbers than Friday.

A big film carries the baggage of big expectations and TEES MAAR KHAN is no exception. Not only are big names attached to it, the film was also picked up for a big price. It has cost UTV approx. Rs. 67 cr. [includes P & A], of which Rs. 22 cr. has come in from Satellite and another Rs. 8 cr. was recovered from Music. Which means UTV has to recover the balance amount [Rs. 37 cr.] from India and Overseas theatrical and Home Video. Given the fall in its business from Monday onwards [Mon: Rs. 4.75 cr. nett], UTV will barely recover its investment, depending on how the film fares in the coming days.

On the other hand, everyone knew that TOONPUR KA SUPERRHERO would embark on a slow start. It had to compete with a major competitor [TEES MAAR KHAN], but the producers were confident that the film would gather momentum from Saturday/Sunday onwards. The business of the film did show some improvement during the course of the weekend, but the increase was limited to a few centres only. Besides, the increase in business was not a huge escalation or a giant jump. It was a marginal increase, which is not enough.

The total cost of the film is Rs. 30 cr., of which Rs. 12 cr. has been recovered from Satellite. Eros has sold a few territories and recovered another Rs. 7 cr. and another few crores have come in from music. However, given its poor theatrical business in India and Overseas, the recovery seems remote. Had TOONPUR KA SUPERRHERO released in another week, would its fate be different [read better]? That's what everyone's asking.

As for ISI LIFE MEIN, the film is amongst Rajshri's lowest openers ever. This one sank without a trace!

Edited by lovePC - 29 December 2010 at 11:53am
mazzay Goldie
mazzay
mazzay

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 12:46pm | IP Logged

OhMyGod! I don't know what's wrong with people!! I think this film is much better than OSO. I only watched 15 mins of OSO and guessed the rest of the story. Didn't even bother watching it all. TMK was full on entertainer. Seriously, you can't guess the climax, well I coudn't. Much better than Golmaal 3 and OSO for me.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Katalicious

srklicious IF-Stunnerz
srklicious
srklicious

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 2:24pm | IP Logged
thakn god i didnt spend my money to watch that movie OMGG my family wanted to go n watch it but OMg god we didnt go

ruky786wida

Go to top