Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

All Tees Maar Khan reviews here (Page 50)

Ozymandias IF-Sizzlerz
Ozymandias
Ozymandias

SGP Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 5:00pm | IP Logged
3rd highest opening? Sheesh, the audience deserves to get only such crappy movies then.

Edited by trouble_maker - 26 December 2010 at 5:01pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anna143IHeartDeepika.

OneInAMillion7 Newbie
OneInAMillion7
OneInAMillion7

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 5:08pm | IP Logged
the movie was crap .. im just happy for kaif :)
lovanika IF-Rockerz
lovanika
lovanika

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 8:53pm | IP Logged
Saturday Update: Tees Maar Khan

Sunday 26th December 2010 14.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Tees Maar Khan managed to show a jump in its business on Saturday but it was very small. Normally on a holiday it would have been expected to go up around 15% but here it was less than 5%. The collection on Saturday was an approx 13.50 crore nett. The two day total is 26.50 crore nett approx.

Major circuits like Mumbai, Delhi/UP, East Punjab and West Bengal showed small jumps while single screens circuits like CP Berar, CI and Rajasthan showed small falls.

Sunday is likely to see a fall as is normally the case after a big holiday and it remains to be seen how big the fall is. The weekend business is now looking to be in the 36-38 crore nett region depending on what happens on Sunday.

lovanika IF-Rockerz
lovanika
lovanika

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
First Day: Tees Maar Khan v Dabangg v Three Idiots

Saturday 25th December 2010 17.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Dabangg is undisputed champion as far as the biggest first day goes while Tees Maar Khan and Three Idiots have similar first day numbers. The territorial breakdown for all three films is as follows. Circuit record holders are in bold.

Mumbai Circuit

Tees Maar Khan - 4.70 crore

Dabanng - 5.14 crore

Three Idiots -5.31 crore

Delhi/UP

Tees Maar Khan - 2.85 crore

Dabanng - 3.21 crore

Three Idiots - 2.36 crore

East Punjab

Tees Maar Khan - 1.20 crore

Dabanng - 1.39 crore

Three Idiots - 1.10 crore

West Bengal

Tees Maar Khan - 53 lakhs

Dabanng - 62 lakhs

Three Idiots - 75 lakhs

Bihar

Tees Maar Khan - 26 lakhs

Dabanng - 32 lakhs

Three Idiots - 15 lakhs

Assam/Orissa

Tees Maar Khan - 18 lakhs

Dabanng - 18 lakhs

Three Idiots - 12 lakhs

CP Berar

Tees Maar Khan - 69 lakhs

Dabanng - 89 lakhs

Three Idiots - 55 lakhs

CI

Tees Maar Khan - 49 lakhs

Dabanng - 62 lakhs

Three Idiots - 47 lakhs

Rajasthan

Tees Maar Khan - 75 lakhs

Dabanng - 80 lakhs

Three Idiots - 68 lakhs

Nizam/Andhra

Tees Maar Khan - 68 lakhs

Dabanng - 55 lakhs

Three Idiots - 70 lakhs

Mysore

Tees Maar Khan - 58 lakhs

Dabanng - 50 lakhs

Three Idiots - 57 lakhs

Note - My Name Is Khan holds circuit record at 65 lakhs

Tamil Nadu/Kerala

Tees Maar Khan - 15 lakhs

Dabanng - 22 lakhs

Three Idiots - 20 lakhs

Note - Ghajini holds circuit record at 25 lakhs

All India

Tees Maar Khan - 13.06 crore

Dabanng - 14.45 crore

Three Idiots - 12.96 crore

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

KataliciousMeena1

.glamorous. Goldie
.glamorous.
.glamorous.

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 10:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ladygaga

Originally posted by .glamorous.

I kinda like this movie. I thought some scenes were extremely funny..
TMK is strictly one time watch only IMO.. Its nice entertainer..Makes you forget your real life drama and just have fun for 2.5 hours.. I can see people liking it because thats exactly what some people looks forward to in a movie..

Akshay stole the show because hes literally in every single scene.. He does a good job.. Akshay Khanna was gr8! Hes funny and really over dramatic.. Speaking of over dramatic - Katrina was so hilarious especially in the bank robbery scene where she says "Aatish, shayad inhe Hindi nahi aati, main try karti hoon.. YOU DIRTY DOG !!! TELL ME, WHERE IS THE GHAREEB HINDUSTANI'S KHOON PASEENE KA MONEY???? BATAOO MUJHEEE BATAOOOOOOOOOOO MUJHEEE !!" That scene was so funny, audience were laughing hysterically.. And thats about it.. With 15 some scenes, she was one of the highlights of the movie.. Her beauty is indescribable.. She looked exceptionally stunning.. Sheila Ki Jawani was magnificent..It was visual treat.. Kat was excellent when it cmes to dancing.. Badey Dilwala - picturesqueness !!

I find every single ppl in this movie was over acting..Feels like Farah wanted it this way..But why? Because I felt it was way over animated..and difficult for people to connect with the characters..

Im not at all disappointed with the movie..Because like Akki said , I was expecting something "Fast & Fun".. Katrina was clear from the day one she did the movie for its dance numbers and congratulations Kat because people feel Sheila Ki Jawani, Bade Dilwala was the USP of this movie..

The main reason why people are so disappointed and whining is because they expected something out of the ordinary.. And I blame Farah and her hubby for this..For over hyping this movie..

Nevertheless I dont think the reviews will affect the movie because people are still buying the tickets for seeing Kat and her Sheila Ki Jawani..And this is why I dont want the movie to be blockbuster because Farah - Shirish will walk away with all the credits + $$$ despite the fact that Shirish managed to steal the story from that Hollywood movie..

I know one thing for sure..people did like the movie because the whole time, audience were cracking up.. So its not a total let down!

I totally agree with what you have written over here. The thing is that people go and watch these movies and then diss them also.. dekhenge bhi phir bolenge bhi.. mat dekho itna hi hai toh.. LOL As you said it.. it was good for "fast-fun"... And i am personally sensing a sabotage for this movie.. coz this movie is like any other akshay kumar hit.. his past movies that have been hits have been even less funnier than this.. Anyways i had a good time while watching it.. and from what i was sensing people in theater had a great time too..

I know right.. I feel like people are sabotaging the movie as well. I mean i know this movie is no award winning material ( and no one including its makers claimed that the movie will be the one of the years best!!)  but from what i see, i feel like people are attacking instead of posting constructive criticism.. i saw the movie 3rd time (I KNOW Sleepy!!) and even though the theater occupancy was slightly lower each time, people where having good laugh..I have seen worst movie this year, trust me TMK is way better than some.. But I get it, we are in a bollywood forum, the reactions are very much expected LOL.. The movie looks like semi HIT by the look of it.. What do u think?

Edited by .glamorous. - 26 December 2010 at 10:10pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Katalicious

Katalicious IF-Sizzlerz
Katalicious
Katalicious

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 10:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .glamorous.

I know right.. I feel like people are sabotaging the movie as well. I mean i know this movie is no award winning material ( and no one including its makers claimed that the movie will be the one of the years best!!)  but from what i see, i feel like people are attacking instead of posting constructive criticism.. i saw the movie 3rd time (I KNOW Sleepy!!) and even though the theater occupancy was slightly lower each time, people where having good laugh..I have seen worst movie this year, trust me TMK is way better than some.. But I get it, we are in a bollywood forum, the reactions are very much expected LOL.. The movie looks like semi HIT by the look of it.. What do u think?

AGREED, some people are just here to criticize the celebs.
.glamorous. Goldie
.glamorous.
.glamorous.

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 10:18pm | IP Logged

Raja Sen: Katrina dazzles in Tees Maar Khan

There are some filmmakers who request, nay, demand a wilful suspension of disbelief. 

Farah Khan [ Images ], on the other hand, sticks a revolver in your back and orders you to fork over your disbelief as you walk in the door. And even as our arms do obediently rise for Tees Maar Khan, they do so more to facepalm in whatmighthavebeen exasperation rather than applaud boisterously, as they did with her earlier films.

Which is a real shame, considering the source. Vittorio De Sica's 1966 film After The Fox -- of which TMK is an official remake -- is quintessential Farah material.

The Italian neorealist, while developing a contrived, loony plot -- about conmen staging a fake movie production in order to pull off a giganic heist -- took the opportunity to skewer all and sundry, from Tony Curtis to John Huston to buddy Federico Fellini [ Images ] and even himself. Who better, then, to helm a remake than our very own Sultana of Spoof?

Yet that glorious Bollywoodity of her last two films hasn't been given free rein here, with a mediocre script weighing the film down and turning it into 'just another Akshay Kumar [ Images ] project.' And we all know how those turn out, even if Kumar is in better form this time than in the recent past.

Tees Maar Khan looks better, is better acted, and provides far more laughs than the standard Bollywood comic project, but judging Farah by the bar she's set for herself, it has to be termed a disappointment.

Applause, however, must go to her for breaking the ice and bringing out the performer in Katrina Kaif [ Images ]. Ever-dazzling, here the star is the film's biggest delight, her gorgeous bimbette modelled on those spectacular European dimwits like Claudette Colbert or Emmanuelle Beart. She bounces around, jawdropping, as she overacts or rushes off for more makeup and more rollers, and Kaif plays the part with immaculate, old-school abandon. It is a slapstick standard part, the distracting, silly siren you can't take your eyes off, and Katrina nails it, stealing every scene she's in, if just by the way she yells 'Tabrezzz.'

That Tabrezz is Tabrez Mirza Khan, played by Akshay Kumar in what is clearly a return to form. He's more restrained here -- and immediately more likeable -- but isn't helped by poor lines masquerading as stunners, by dialogues which have no business being in a film here repeated over and over again.

The main flaw, then, lies in the writing. The plot is borrowed, yet, beyond the original conceit, remains nearly nullified behind a smokescreen of sight gags and farce.

Weighing in at just over two hours, the pace never slackens, and yet the flab can be felt, especially in the second hour. There is so much that could have been done, and so much that is lazily let down. Even the grand train robbery the film is building up towards turns out as uncomplicated as pie, even if aided by an inspired choice of song. And the product placements are just embarrassing.

And yet, Tees Maar Khan gives us a lot to smile at. Akshaye Khanna [ Images ] does immensely well as an actor with his eyes singularly trained on his Oscar-acceptance speech, Anil Kapoor [ Images ] lampoons his own Academy Award enthusiasm with glee, and Arya Babbar impresses as an easily hoodwinked cop.

Some gags are in poor taste -- about dark skinned directors and albinos made up as Britishers -- but others have the director's trademark exuberance. Also, a pair of earnest policemen, seemingly straight as nails, turns out to be gay: not bad for an industry where we can't spell homosexual without turning wrists immediately limp.

The thing one has to appreciate about Farah is how old-fashioned her cheekiness is. Tees Maar Khan might be so silly it hurts, but its antecedents are those loony 1970s farces like Hera Pheri or Namak Halaal [ Images ] or Bombay To Goa [ Images ], not any of these interchangeable Priyadarshan [ Images ]/Bazmee movies. Hers are films that rely on star-driven characters letting their hair down, and here as Kumar does a Bachchan and Kaif a Zeenat, we realise that's the only way the filmmaker likes telling her stories.

Tees Maar Khan opens with a creepily animated baby kicking around in reaction to the crook-infested Bollywood cinema his mother feasts on. Like Farah, this too is a child of old-Bollywood. An infant wailing around to Tees Maar Khan, however, might not grow up to the same cocksure swagger. Om Shanti Om [ Images ] remains a much safer bet for that.

Sorry if posted already..

MaSqUeRaDe Goldie
MaSqUeRaDe
MaSqUeRaDe

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 10:19pm | IP Logged
I m sure it will be better tahn earlier Akki movie-Action Replay!! Gawd what was that:O:O..WORST MOVIE of this yr for me.Atleast TMK have a 'young' and sexy Sheila and her moves.Wont ahve to endure any botox filled face.Really hope TMK doesnt beat AR in the worst movie competition

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Katalicious

Go to top