Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

All Tees Maar Khan reviews here (Page 42)

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 11:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tweety_lovely

My friend saw it today  and dat  was he all said abt the movie....(HIS REVIEW posted on his blog)

If Somebody wants to commit suicide, Watch Tees Maar Khan in theatre...its a horror movie which will make ur heart beat stop at any second and can what others movies couldn't do......no need to kill urself through daggers, posion or jumping into the river or else painfully....just watch this and ur in hell for sure

oh man...pathetic movie....i have few things to say only...akshay kumar has showed us the time for his retirement... becoz he can't go beyond dat...even his wife can act better than him,

katrina ...where was she in the movie? what she did? does anybody know...? well even i dont know...but this is wat she does in all her movies..doing NOTHING.... its better to watch her sheila on a VCD.

what else in the movie : - i couldn't figure out..ConfusedConfused

SHOULD any awards be given to this movie : Yes, there should be an award giving to this film..and there should be a tag written in it  'THIS IS WHAT BOLLYWOOD IS COMING TO'

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

Really wow LOL he has a blog that is so cool I do as well but I haven't created anything yet don't know what to write aboutROFL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AbbyvivZareena

Neetu_PB_lover IF-Dazzler

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

ruky786Zareena

mazzay Goldie
mazzay
mazzay

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
Nothing new. I was expecting it to be a huge hit like just OSO, i couldnt stand that film. Wonder why it was tagged as a blockbuster. Farah Khan's first film is my all time fav, don't know what happened to her after. I wish OSO recieved the same reviews, cus for me it's no different.
theprince IF-Rockerz
theprince
theprince

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
To be honest i think the tweets from people is more entertainment than the film .My friend watch it and he said its like i play Aamir khan in Ghajini .Every 15 Min i forget what i watch and at the end i scream where is TMK haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaa

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

frostyAbbyvivEvashAmbyCious--ania--perfectlyflawedIHeartDeepika.friends_rockZareenaMeena1wida

eraser IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

friends_rockIHeartDeepika.ZareenaMeena1ruky786

turqoisedress IF-Stunnerz
turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 1:09pm | IP Logged

Subhash K Jha speaks about Tees Maar Khan

By: Subhash K. Jha, Bollywood Hungama
Saturday, December 25, 2010, 9:52 [IST]
Print This Page
Mail To Friend
Comment on This Article
A A A
Ads by Google

Design Your Own T-Shirts
Create Custom Tees Online.
Fast Delivery & Free Shipping!
CustomInk.com

Local Coupons
1 ridiculously huge coupon a day.
Get 50-90% off your city's best!
www.Groupon.com

American Entertainment
Film Production Insurance
Cast, Sports, Wedding Fast QUOTES
AmericanEntertainment.com
Vote this article
Up (12,623)
Down (6,602)
Ads by Google
Sinful Clothing  www.Buckle.com
Check out Buckle for Sinful Brand Tops & Tees. Shop Today!
Ads by Google

Design Your Own T-Shirts
Create Custom Tees Online.
Fast Delivery & Free Shipping!
CustomInk.com

Local Coupons
1 ridiculously huge coupon a day.
Get 50-90% off your city's best!
www.Groupon.com

American Entertainment
Film Production Insurance
Cast, Sports, Wedding Fast QUOTES
AmericanEntertainment.com
You have to hand it to Farah Khan. The zany spirit never leaves her side. Tees Maar Khan (TMK) is a goofy oddball of a film, replete with the most outrageous takeoffs on the dreaded Hindi Film 'formula' seen in recent times.

The film, we understand, is inspired by a 1966 Peter Sellers comedy After The Fox. But the foxiness of this feisty farce comes entirely from Farah Khan's own sensibilities as a storyteller. The laughter never deserts the belly of the plot. In TMK, she pulls out all stops to tell a tale that never grows pale under the gaze of the camera.

The plot is the kind of kinky concoction that one associates with the literature of P.G Wodehouse and the drama of Sheridan. As hard to put down on paper as it is to pin down on camera, Farah Khan manages to just about hold the myriad madcap characters into a firm comic grip. The clasp of the comic is strong and engaging.

The grin ever slips off. The spirit of a spoofy satirical homage to the larger-than-life hero-giri of the Formula Fillum never slips up. Yes, some parts of the takeoff refuses to take off. At times the storytelling becomes a casualty of its own parodic intentions. You never know when the narration slips into a parody of its own parody. That, you realize, is a part of this film's chirpychalu charm.

The energy-driven narrative propels the parody from one gag to another. The gasbag narration is never short of tricks to seduce us into a state of helpless laughter.

When the dialogues fail to lift the satire(and this fuel-shortage happens frequently), Akshay Kumar steps in to do his number. No stranger to comedy, Akshay turns in one of his zaniest performances since Priyadarshan's Hera Pheri. To say his comic timing is impeccable would be stating the obvious. Akshay just blends into the no-man's-land ambience of the film with unquestioning sincerity.

Tees Maar Khan Akshaye Khanna as the Oscar-crazy superstar comes up with a comically compelling performance. We've never seen him having so much fun before. Maybe it's the company he 'quips'. Katrina Kaif's airheaded eyelash-batting makeup-splashing item-girl act gets its rippling rhythms from her lately-honed comic aptitudes. Her 'Sheila Ki Jawani' item number which was the film's selling-point before release is performed with a gusto and elegance that could have easily overpowered the film. Happily TMK manages to hold its own right up to the crazy chaotic finale.

The plot is crammed full with empty-headed and moronic characters. Farah Khan's vibrant vision encompasses the entire gamut of giggles chuckles and guffaws in one swift confident sweep. You are hooked from the word go.

The supporting actors too furnish the hectic hilarity with enormous zaniness.Particularly notable are Aarya Babbar (fully in form as a boorish slightly dimwitted cop), Apara Mehta(endearingly nutty as Akshay's filmy mother) and Ali Asgar(as one of Akshay's sidekicks).

Tees Maar Khan is a kind of subverted homage to the cinema of Manmohan Desai. There are no lost-and-found kids in this 'ever-grin' film. But there's plenty of that spirit of daring destiny to do what it can.

Yup, MKD would've smiled on watching this one. Go for Tees Maar Khan. Ignore all the negative comments you've been hearing about. It's great unpretentious fun. To actually put so many IQ-challenged characters into an intelligent piece of comedy couldn't be easy.

So who said being the new-age Manmohan Desai was easy?
   [ Read All Comments ]   [ Post Comments ]
theprince IF-Rockerz
theprince
theprince

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 1:13pm | IP Logged
@eraser  you know i really want to watch the film just because one thing !! to know my feeling after i watch it and what kind of comment i will say .

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Meena1

qwertyfied Goldie
qwertyfied
qwertyfied

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
Baradwaj Rangan's out with his review:

CANDY CON

What was meant to be a lighthearted caper sinks like a ton of lead. Plus, technically accomplished pabulum for poppets.

DEC 26, 2010 ' IN THE IMPROBABLE EVENT that a case is made for Farah Khan as an auteur, her leitmotif would be the assumption of another identity. In Main Hoon Na, her first and finest film, an army officer assumes the identity of a college student. In Om Shanti Om, her middling follow-up, a young actress assumes the identity of an older star. Now, in Tees Maar Khan, a conman named Tabrez (Akshay Kumar) assumes the identity of a filmmaker in order to make away with a consignment of antiques. And looking at this shapeless, graceless, charmless, rhythmless mess, you could be forgiven for wondering if the director herself hasn't assumed another identity, trading her brashly (and confidently) witty self for someone so unsure of her instincts, so desperate for a hit, that the soundtrack practically creaks and groans with the exertions. Farah Khan used to be effortlessly fun. Now she's holding a gun to our head and demanding that we laugh. The difference is dismaying.

Almost all the good gags announce themselves in the first few minutes ' the cheerfully bizarre opening-credits number that plays like a James Bond titles sequence set in a sac of amniotic fluid; the thieves, competitors to Tabrez (aka Tees Maar Khan), with delectably demented modus operandi that I won't spoil for you; the announcement of Tabrez's pregnant (and movie-mad) mother when her water breaks. ("Tanki phat gayi," she wails in front of her black-and-white television set, watching a scene from a 1970s potboiler where a fully filled water tank explodes.) A little later, Katrina Kaif (as Anya, Tabrez's bubble-headed starlet-girlfriend) makes her entry in the well-shot, well-scored Sheela ki jawani song sequence, brandishing a belly button that seems to have a life of its own ' and as the curtains come down on this number, you might just as well leave. The film, hereupon, sinks faster than an iceberg-struck passenger liner in the mid-Atlantic.

A lot of failed entertainers give us the sense that fun was had at least at the scripting stage ' that heads were thrown back, thighs were slapped, sides were split ' and we tell ourselves that none of this translated to the execution. But with Tees Maar Khan, there isn't any sense of enjoyment even in the writing phase, unless you imagine hoots and fist pumps for such high-school-level gags as the one where an airplane carrying a wanted criminal is named Con Air. Ha ha! The rest of the film unfolds as a procession of dreadful dialogue, endlessly repeated, and unfunny in-jokes ' a reference to the long-gestating Mr. India sequel, or the sledgehammer poke-in-the-ribs about an Oscar-hungry Bollywood star (played by Akshaye Khanna, whose presence in a film, for a while now, has sadly turned into a surefire signifier that it's going to be a stinker). For a story supposedly structured around a train heist, there are alarming shifts in tone, like a segue into sentiment with Tabrez's growing affection for a band of villagers terrorised by a headless ghost on a horse. Free-associative nonsense, in theory, is as valid a way of making movies as any, but when the filmmaker's instincts are unsound, it becomes plain nonsense. Tees Maar Khan is simultaneously frantic and flat, like a hasty gulp from bottle of beer that's been left uncorked for months.

When a regular-sized movie dies on us, we shrug our shoulders and walk into the sunlight. But when something that cost the GDP of small nation is so lazily written and so atrociously performed, there is a sense of outrage ' as part of the disappointed audience, yes, but also on behalf of the great numbers of struggling filmmakers who'd be grateful for just the wardrobe budget of Tees Maar Khan. And perhaps those of us who delighted inMain Hoon Na, who enjoyed its knowing and deliberate invocation of the silly seventies, are upset that someone we counted on as a surefire cure for the blues has herself turned out to be the cause of a minor bout of depression. Imagine my plight, for instance, if this film is a financial success and inspires a few dozen clones that I have to drag myself to, all in the name of duty! Suffocated by the air of self-congratulation, the mind wandered and wondered, among other things, about this director's fascination with the number three. (Her third outing. She's the real-life mother of triplets and her production company bears the name Three's Company. The hero is attended to by three sidekicks, and when the scene shifts to the village, we are introduced to three epicene extras' See what a devil's workshop a critic's idle mind becomes?)

Farah Khan's signature moment would seem to be the generous closing-credits party she orchestrates for her cast and crew ' but there's a moment in the film that's monumentally more significant. Tabrez decides he's going to throw himself an Eid celebration. It's long past Eid, but he doesn't care because every day, for him, is a festival. He picks up the phone and dials the number of Salman Khan, who, of course, he's so intimate with that he uses the nickname of Sallu. The latter arrives, makes the festivities more festive, and leaves. And looking at Tabrez here, you wonder if that's Farah Khan herself. Every film she makes, she throws herself a celebration. With her dizzying array of intimate insider-contacts, she has to barely pick up the phone and stars descend on her sets in twinkling droves. Perhaps she'sthe real Tees Maar Khan, the conwoman who's just made off with a couple of precious hours of our lives ' and after making us pay for this privilege.

Edited by qwertyfied - 25 December 2010 at 1:23pm

bipsfriends_rock

Go to top