Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

All Tees Maar Khan reviews here (Page 36)

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 8:48pm | IP Logged
Tees Maar Khan May Make First Day HISTORY

Friday 24th December 2010 18.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Tees Maar Khan started with bumper collections in the morning is continuing at the pace through the afternoon.

It is very possible that the first day could be historic and record breaking. The film is chasing the 14.45 crore nett day one record of Dabangg and everything depends on evening and night shows but the chances are there of surpassing Dabangg opening.

Delhi/UP, East Punjab, West Bengal, Bihar, CP Berar, CI and Rajasthan have seen the biggest Friday morning opening in the history of Indian cinema. Most of these circuits are where Akshay Kumar has a massive fan following.

Mumbai and South are also huge but not as historic as the circuits above compared comparatively. But even in Mumbai a first day circuit record is not out of the question. In Mumbai the first day circuit record is still held by Three Idiots of 5.24 crore nett while Dabangg fell just short with 5.14 crore nett.

In Mumbai circuit Three Idiots had ticket prices hiked by a huge margin of 30-40% while Dabangg did not which kept it below Three Idiots. Tees Maar Khan has ticket prices raised by 10-15% and this could help Tees Maar Khan set a Mumbai record as well.

http://www.boxofficeindia.com/boxnewsdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=2366&nCat=box_office_news

The first day numbers are gorg... but all the negative reports.. i hope it doesn't crash and burn... if only Farah had made a half decent comedy.. (altho i haven't seen it.. just going by reports).. then the movie would have holded.. specially with the holiday season.. who knows maybe it would still hold.. but still Akki and Kat's star power got it the best opening..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.Katalicious

MissIffiy IF-Rockerz
MissIffiy
MissIffiy

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 9:25pm | IP Logged
Katrina did this film just to get ahead in the rat race of #1 actress based on BO 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

anna143glitters.khoobsurat.IHeartDeepika.-Zarwulicious-wida

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 9:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MissIffiy

Katrina did this film just to get ahead in the rat race of #1 actress based on BO 

She is already wayyy ahead in that race.. even if she gives a lot of flops.. she would still be ahead in terms of hits.. she has already given as many hits.. that some of the actresses wouldn't even give in their entire lifetime.. LOL

glittersKatalicious

MissIffiy IF-Rockerz
MissIffiy
MissIffiy

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 9:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ladygaga

Originally posted by MissIffiy

She is already wayyy ahead in that race.. even if she gives a lot of flops.. she would still be ahead in terms of hits.. she has already given as many hits.. that some of the actresses wouldn't even give in their entire lifetime.. LOL

She wants to get even more ahead if one actress can bring all time blockbuster like Kareena had in 3I & G3 also doing well the girl has to be worried she cant make the top actress list with her acting so she got get there with the BO if i remember correctly Kareena was ranked higher than Kats in that power list 

Abbyvivanna143.khoobsurat.-Zarwulicious-Zareenawida

Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 9:40pm | IP Logged
I don't think Akki Katrina has any power, if it did what happened to DDD?? It ended with Average. MHN and OSO were success and obviously people wanted to see TMK. People liked farah's work in previous films and was interested to watch the movie. Plus didn't farah mentioned about madhuri link to katrina's role in the movie. Honestly speaking, it doesn't matter to me if katrina gives 100 more blockbuster, it's very difficult for me to watch her on-screen. Only her Ajab sii..was bearable thanks to ranbir performance and they shared cute chemistry. I hope she would do challenging role some day.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Abbyvivanna143Onyx.isomerseraser.khoobsurat.-Zarwulicious-wida

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 9:55pm | IP Logged
I agree with @Missiffy...Kat did this movie only to be the #1 actress in terms of boxoffice. She has everything going on for her in this film: Akshay, Farah, hot item number= easy hit. She has no role in the film. And no kat is not ahead in terms of box office. Because your only a #1 actress , if your last film is the #1 hit of the year. Her whole career in terms of box office hits doesn't make her #1 actress. She is only gonna be #1 if this film beats Golmaal 3. I guess we are ruling out Sonaksi because she is a new comer. Kareena is def her competition, it will be interesting to see if TMK would be a huge hit like G3... or if it beats it or not.

Edited by lensahunte08 - 24 December 2010 at 10:01pm

erasersheee

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
Well the world where i live in there Akki and Kat sell individually and as a pair.. DDD was above average.. and the reason why it was that was coz of Akki and Kat ensured a big opening.. and the movie did open well.. Akshay and Hritik are few actors other than khans whose movies usually open big..

About why Katrina did this movie.. well every actress does a movie and hopes that it would be successful at boxoffice and she will rock.. I haven't heard of any actress who would purposely want her movie to do bad!!

Edited by ladygaga - 24 December 2010 at 9:59pm

eraserKatalicious

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
Oh yes def every actress does a film for boxoffice, but at least have a role where you gonna be remembered for other than a glam doll and your shelia ki jawani. Not to mention only a hit doesn't make you the #1 actress, she has to have a good performance too.

Edited by lensahunte08 - 24 December 2010 at 10:02pm

Abbyvivanna143-Zarwulicious-erasersheeeZareena

Go to top