Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

All Tees Maar Khan reviews here (Page 34)

Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 5:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by IHeartDeepika

My sister dragged me to see TMK. I am still recovering. It is the worst film I have seen in a long long time. There is NO script. Akshay is just goofing around. Katrina looks hot but she can not act to save her life. Her role is so small too! She thinks comedy is opening your eyes widely..like in Ajab. Basically all she says is "Main aaurrrrr makeup laga ke aati hoon" and "You dirty dog!"LOL She was heading in a positive direction with NY and Rajneeti but she took 10 steps back with this film. She is unbearable in it. I can see how she saw the commercial viability but seriously, her role is cringe-worthy. How can she be a Madhuri or Sridevi when she can't even be a Priyanka or Kareena? They are mile and miles ahead of her in acting department. I hate how she is just a prop in every movie!

Akshaye Khanna is funny but gets a little carried away with the Oscar thingy. Farah WHY in the world did you make this film? Pointless crap that is torturing everyone. The digs at SRK was completely in bad tasteOuch I reccomend that people stay away from this film.Utter rubbish. A complete waste of time, energy and money 
Thumbs Down We left the theatre at  interval along with an entire gang.

Farah aur Akshay  se achi movie expect karna aur Katrina se kuch bhi expect karna, oye dono hi bekaar hai.

ROFLROFL im surprised you watched the movie til interval. You should had watched BBBLOL But must admit, your review is the most entertainingEmbarrassedTongueLOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Zarwulicious-IHeartDeepika.sheeewida

IHeartDeepika. IF-Sizzlerz
IHeartDeepika.
IHeartDeepika.

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 6:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Zareena

My sister dragged me to see TMK. I am still recovering. It is the worst film I have seen in a long long time. There is NO script. Akshay is just goofing around. Katrina looks hot but she can not act to save her life. Her role is so small too! She thinks comedy is opening your eyes widely..like in Ajab. Basically all she says is "Main aaurrrrr makeup laga ke aati hoon" and "You dirty dog!"LOL She was heading in a positive direction with NY and Rajneeti but she took 10 steps back with this film. She is unbearable in it. I can see how she saw the commercial viability but seriously, her role is cringe-worthy. How can she be a Madhuri or Sridevi when she can't even be a Priyanka or Kareena? They are mile and miles ahead of her in acting department. I hate how she is just a prop in every movie!

Akshaye Khanna is funny but gets a little carried away with the Oscar thingy. Farah WHY in the world did you make this film? Pointless crap that is torturing everyone. The digs at SRK was completely in bad tasteOuch I reccomend that people stay away from this film.Utter rubbish. A complete waste of time, energy and money 
Thumbs Down We left the theatre at  interval along with an entire gang.

Farah aur Akshay  se achi movie expect karna aur Katrina se kuch bhi expect karna, oye dono hi bekaar hai.

ROFLROFL im surprised you watched the movie til interval. You should had watched BBBLOL But must admit, your review is the most entertainingEmbarrassedTongueLOL
lol ThanksBig smile
I wanna see BBB so badly! I hope to see it soonSmile
My sis really wanted to see TMK so we saw it....Thumbs Down
laly Goldie
laly
laly

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 6:09pm | IP Logged

The Tees Maar Khan Review

There are students finalising masters degrees in Artificial Intelligence who were newborns when Akshay Kumar last headlined a brilliant comedy. And if they're still debating their thesis, they might consider Akshay's synthetic fixations, given nauseating display in 'Tees Maar Khan'. There is something to be said about Bollywood production houses when a film as desperately inane as TMK comes along - only a human vegetable could have possibly viewed the final cut of this film and not have had any vocal concerns about the submerged level of quality on display.

Hideously directed by Farah Khan, 'Tees Maar Khan' just lurches along as if paralysed about what to do and how to do it. This is a gimmick in search of a movie – how to get Akki into as many silly costumes and deliver as many stupid expressions as possible, plot mechanics be damned. This stillborn comedy is so misconceived on every level, it's almost fascinating to watch, if you don't mind pain, that is. And Sirish Kunder  knows how to make you hurt. On the scale of cinematic dignity, Farah Khan escapes just one rung above the director of a snuff film. There is not a whiff of originality, inspiration and invention in 'Tees Maar Khan', as Messrs. Kunder and Khan borrow listlessly from a certain 1966 Peter Sellers film which poked fun at movie stars and film critics. I'd recommend this Bollywood remake for a good nap, except the grating, out-of-place sound effects and cheaply conceived music by Vishal-Shekhar are bound to jar you awake.

'Tees Maar Khan' has all the nuance of a film made to entertain your cat – the cast and crew members receive Oscars at the climax, no less. At the very thought of Akki dressing up in different costumes and conning the heck out of everyone, with Katrina gyrating to 'Sheila ki Jawani', one may suspect that some entertainment value is surely to be had. Sadly, we're treated with Tabrez Mirza (Akki), who while in his mother's womb is inspired to rob. The lad grows up to be Tees Maar Con and dates a dumb-as-a-doorknob wannabe actress (Katrina). The conniving Johri twins (Raghu Ram and Rajiv, spectacularly hamming) brief Tabrez to rob a locomotive full of antiques, and what follows is a train wreck barrage of recycled spoofs and head-scratchingly random jokes that render you stonefaced. It's all just a thinly disguised wrapper constructed as sketchy framework, complete with blaring inappropriate music amidst badly bungled gags. 'Tees Maar Khan' also appears to be chopped up and put back together again by Mr Kunder, as the narrative liberally leaps around from scene to scene, relying on out-of-nowhere plot conveniences to fill in the blanks. It's this kind of inattention to the craft of joke construction that plagues the film. You get the feeling that Akki gave his all, and that he and Farah Khan relied on the belief that gold could eventually be culled from Akki's voluminous ouput.  It only makes for a cinematic equivalent of a kid who mocks you by repeating everything you say.

It becomes hard to pity Akshay Kumar when he stars in another loop in his shame spiral, a path that began right where 'Tashan' ended. To look at his filmography, you would think that Akshay is trying his best to sabotage his career. And his career probably won't recover from this mess; on the bright side, I doubt anyone will ever notice. Katrina needed to pull a paycheck; I can respect that. But after a surreally horrid turn in a movie like this, I hope she isn't expecting to pick up another. Third-rate cameos by Akshaye Khanna, Salman Khan, Arya Babbar etc are quite inexplicable. If there is a person that barely manages to work their way out of the rubble, it is Chunky Pandey who is so far above the insulting material he has to work with that he might as well have filmed his scenes in space.

'Tees Maar Khan' is brutally unfunny, horrendously contrived and wholly annoying. There is nothing worse in the comedy genre than a film that doesn't carry a single inspired moment of humor, unless it is a film that doesn't carry a single inspired moment. 'Tees Maar Khan' has obtained such a feat. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

anna143nimrahIHeartDeepika.sheee

Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 6:16pm | IP Logged

[/QUOTE]
lol ThanksBig smile
I wanna see BBB so badly! I hope to see it soonSmile
My sis really wanted to see TMK so we saw it....Thumbs Down
[/QUOTE]

haha what did she said?? Any regretsTongue
Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 6:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by laly

The Tees Maar Khan Review

'Tees Maar Khan' is brutally unfunny, horrendously contrived and wholly annoying. There is nothing worse in the comedy genre than a film that doesn't carry a single inspired moment of humor, unless it is a film that doesn't carry a single inspired moment. 'Tees Maar Khan' has obtained such a feat. 

1/2 starShocked As i mentioned before movie release, comedy promos looked force, wasn't funny at all.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

IHeartDeepika.wida

IHeartDeepika. IF-Sizzlerz
IHeartDeepika.
IHeartDeepika.

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 6:22pm | IP Logged

Movie Review: Tees Maar Khan…a supreme disaster

…..and Akshay does it again. After the super duper blockbusters Housefull, Khatta Meetha and Action Replayy, Akshay Kumar delivers another sterling performance in Tees Maar Khan. A performance that can only make you CRY and if you are good at it LAUGH AT YOURSELF since people like me have the guts to get disappointed and yet go and watch his movies one after the other!

After this performance all I can say is that…Akshay Sir…if this continues then…"Tavaif ki lut ti izzat shayad bach jaye….par aapki nai bachegi"

While there is no story but I'll still take the risk to and write a little about it… Akshay is the greatest conman ever and is roped in by two gangsters Johri Brothers played by famous twin coupleRaghu and Rajiv to rob the Indian treasure their 'Bharat ka Khazana' which is worth 500 crore and weighs 10000 kg. TMK revolves around Bharat ka Khazana where a whole bunch of idiots are doing nothing less than irritating the hell out of audience. All in all, it's a lose plot where everyone's running for no one's business.  It adds to the list of baseless comedies of Akshay Kumar.

A suggestion for Farah – Main Hoon Naa and Om Shanti Om worked because, firstly there was a convincing story [100 percent more sense than TMK] and secondly, it had King Khan. Unfortunately, TMK has none of them.

The music by Vishal-Shekhar is good especially the title track by Sonu Nigam [music by Shirish Kunder] and Shiela ki Jawani.

Now the best part, the performances – Akshay Kumar is at his 'Juvenile' best and his irritating act has had a rub-off on Katrina who tries to match Akshay by being equally irritating in the limited scope she gets. Akshay's chelas do well to eat audience's head by doing ridiculous stuff and so do Raghu and Rajiv. Arya Babbar is bad in his act as a village inspector. The only person who does well is Akshaye Khanna, he fits into his character and gives us a laugh or two!

On the whole, TMK is a king-sized disappointment and a very sad end to the year… watch it at Your OWN RISK!

Rating – 1/5

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

anna143

anna143 IF-Dazzler
anna143
anna143

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 6:22pm | IP Logged
wow such terrible reviews... my friends were planning on goin out to watch the movie today and now they've changed thr mind after reading the reviews. I'll wait till it comes out on jadoo ROFL

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 6:25pm | IP Logged
Rajeev Masand Review Rating 2 stars

The con's on you! 

Tees Maar KhanRating: December 24, 2010Cast: Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif, Akshaye Khanna, Arya Babbar, Apara MehtaDirector:

Farah KhanDirector Farah Khan will stop at nothing to get a laugh out of you. No disability is too sensitive to make a joke of, and no stereotype too overused to flog one last time.In a scene from her new film Tees Maar Khan, a dark-skinned thief nicknamed Ismail Koyla who only commits robberies in the night, is finally arrested when his shining teeth give away his hiding spot. In another scene in which a movie is being cast, a toothless villager presumably suffering from leucoderma is selected to play a British officer because he has white skin. A pair of conjoined twins only speak in unison and repeatedly hi-five each other. And three effeminate village boys forever dressed in pink assist a heroine with her make-up, and roll their eyes longingly at a hunky filmmaker.If you're outraged by such low-brow humor, Tees Maar Khan is going to be a long, hard slog for you.Adapted from After the Fox, a 1966 comedy starring Peter Sellers, this film stars Akshay Kumar as Tabrez Mirza Khan or Tees Maar Khan, a master criminal who learnt to steal even before he was born, because his mother was addicted to classic Bollywood crime films while she was pregnant with him. When Tees Maar Khan is hired by the notorious Johri Brothers to rob a train stuffed with roughly 5,000 crore rupees worth of antiques, he pretends to be a Hollywood filmmaker named Manoj Day Ramalan, and under the guise of shooting a period film, enlists an entire unsuspecting village to help him with the heist.Despite several staggeringly silly set pieces ' including a sequence in an airplane in which Tees Maar Khan escapes from the clutches of two police officers ' the film's first hour races by briskly thanks to breakneck pacing, and at least two energetically choreographed dance numbers. But by the time you've settled into your seat post intermission, the screenplay begins to come apart. There's a particularly awkward gag involving a headless horseman, and that leads to a supposedly poignant moment in the film that is entirely contrived. Even the train heist sequence isn't filmed dramatically enough, and the Manoj Kumar tribute at this point seems forced and overstretched.Tees Maar Khan, surprisingly, doesn't match up to the standards set by Farah Khan with her previously directed films. Both Main Hoon Na and Om Shanti Om were smarter, funnier films that benefitted from the writer-director's irreverent humour. But for this film she hands over the writing responsibilities to Shirish and Ashmit Kunder who appear to have drained the film of any smartness. The dialogues are repetitive, and the jokes in Tees Maar Khan are mostly puerile and not very funny at all. In fact, it's an arrogantly written script that seems to take the audience for granted.However, it's a testament to Farah Khan's directing skills that she makes even this disappointing film work on at least a few occasions. She draws out a winning performance from Akshaye Khanna as the Oscar-hungry filmstar Aatish Kapoor, who's still hurting from having lost a role in Slumdog Millionaire on account of his foolish secretary. Despite the incessant hamming, Khanna easily emerges this film's best joke. Katrina Kaif, in a smaller role, as Tees Maar Khan's struggling actress girlfriend, submits herself completely to the silliness of her character, and at least succeeds in evoking a smile out of you.In the choreography department, there are few who can rival Farah Khan. The Sheela ki jawaani number is one of the film's early highlights, a sight to behold not only for the dance movements but for the complete staging of the production ' the music, the costumes, the lighting, and the editing. The Wallah wallah set piece too, featuring Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan, has an infectious energy that is indisputable.Even if you go in willing to suspend your disbelief, Tees Maar Khan is not an easy film to enjoy. Akshay Kumar works very hard to make the buffoonery look like fun, but he's saddled with such poor material, it's no surprise it doesn't work.I'm going with two out of five for director Farah Khan's Tees Maar Khan. Working with Akshay Kumar for the first time, it's surprising she delivered not the trademark Farah Khan entertainer one expected from her, but a typical harebrained Akshay Kumar comedy instead.

http://www.rajeevmasand.com/reviews/our-films/the-con-is-on-you/

Edited by lensahunte08 - 24 December 2010 at 6:26pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

KataliciousZareena

Go to top