Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

All Tees Maar Khan reviews here (Page 24)

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 9:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lovanika

Aaj Tak has a full segment on  "Hit Item song...Flop movie"

So their verdict is TMK is a flop..people are not liking the movie...

They have a headlines like:

"Munni chaal gayi....Shiela phas gayi"LOLLOL

Munni hit hui Sheila ki badnaam hui ROFL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

friends_rockeraserwida

Katalicious IF-Sizzlerz
Katalicious
Katalicious

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 9:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Crystal-

Tees Maar Khan Sets Box Office Ablaze

Friday 24th December 2010 11.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Tees Maar Khan has set the box office ablaze this morning with a mind boggling response. The film has taken an 100% opening at most multiplexes. The opening was expected but 100% certainty is when it actually happens. The early round up from major multiplexes is below. It is simply EARTH SHATTERING.

10.00 am Wave Raja Garden Delhi - 100%

Delite Delhi 100% for Friday (4 shows)

10.00 am G3S Rohini Delhi -100%

10.00 am Wave Noida - 100%

10.00 am 10.40 am Spice Noida - 100% (2 shows)  (11.20am already 100%)

10.00 am Wave Lucknow - 100%

10.00am Wave Ludhiana - 100% (11.45 am 12.30pm already 100%) Likely HISTORY at the theatre as all 14 shows likely to go 100% on day one.

10.00 am DT Chandigarh - 100%

9.30 am Fun Chandigarh - 100%

10.35 am Cinemax Thane - 100%

9.00 am Fun Ahmedabad - 100%

8.30 am 9.00 am 10.15am E Square (UR) Pune - All three shows 100%

10.15am Fun Bangalore - 100%

thats amazing.

THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!! I am VERY happy!!!!!!!
Can we PLEASE stay on topic? This is getting pretty annoying!
ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 9:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by IHeartDeepika

Originally posted by tweety_lovely

Originally posted by ruky786

I think it's going to end being up Sheila Ki BadnaamiROFL
NICE IT WILL GO LIKE THIS......

my name is SHEELA.......sheela ki hui BADNAAMI....

i tried to be sexy.........PAR meri baat na maaniROFL
LOLLOLLOLROFL
Munni jawaan hui, Darrling Sheila ke liye!!Wink

ROFLROFLROFL

On a serious note, if it is true that the audience have not enjoyed the film then it goes to show that Sheila ki badnaam huiROFL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

IHeartDeepika.wida

Katalicious IF-Sizzlerz
Katalicious
Katalicious

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 9:23am | IP Logged
SaritaTanwar Just heard that TMK has opened bigger than Dabangg. Congrats @TheFarahKhan

OMGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! IT OPENED BIGGER THAN DABANGG. MY DOUBT WAS ALL FOR NOTHING HOW CAN I DOUBT KATRINA STAR POWER LOL im so happy!

Edited by KatForeva - 24 December 2010 at 9:23am
Neetu_PB_lover IF-Dazzler

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 9:24am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
IHeartDeepika. IF-Sizzlerz
IHeartDeepika.
IHeartDeepika.

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 9:27am | IP Logged
Review: Even Sheila can't make Tees Maar Khan watchable

Published: Friday, Dec 24, 2010, 19:45 IST
By Aniruddha Guha | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

Tees Maar Khan (U/A)
Cast: Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif, Akshaye Khanna and others
Director: Farah Khan
Rating: **

Tees Maar Khan (TMK) begins with a pregnant woman watching a 1970s caper where the hero plays a thief. "Abhimanyu apni maa ke kok se yudh seekh kar aaya tha, tera beta chor bankar aayega," her husband chides her.

Cut to a shot of the foetus. It's dancing to the tune of the chipmunk-styled Tees Maar Khan (the song you must have heard umpteen times over the past few days), even as it imitates what's unfolding on TV. Cute, you may say. Or, get dumbfounded. But this scene is the closest you will get to a chuckle over the next two hours.

The 1970s seems to be Hindi cinema's favourite go-to lately, either in setting (Once Upon A Time In Mumbai, Action Replayy), or substance (Dabangg, and now TMK). Director Farah Khan herself paid homage to the era with her first two films (Main Hoon Na is still her best, while Om Shanti Om was strictly mediocre).

In TMK, your 'hero' is Tabrez Mirza Khan aka Tees Maar Khan (Kumar), the greatest conman in India. "I'm a con artist," he tells his girlfriend, a struggling actress.

Kaif is cast as Anya Khan, a bimbette who believes excess make-up is what will help her deliver a better performance. Casting Kaif in the role is probably the best joke Farah pulls off in the film.

With his three sidekicks, Dollar, Soda and Burger, Tees Maar Khan plans the biggest heist ever (or so we are to believe). It includes faking a film shoot in a village that falls en route the journey taken by the train carrying these 'antique' jewels, and enlisting the villagers as actors. It also entails convincing superstar Aatish Kapoor (Khanna) to play the film's lead.

Kapoor missed his chance to star in an Oscar-winning film because his manager didn't know the difference between Danny 'Doyle' and Danny Denzongpa, and has a back problem which prevents him from doing his own stunts. Hmm, now which real-life actor could that be based on?

TMK has a few things going for it, on paper. For one, there is no one better than Farah to explore the genre the film belongs to. The plot may be flimsy, but it has enough scope to include some really funny situations and thrilling stunts and to portray actor Akshay Kumar's abilities in the best possible way.

Kumar, after scores of indifferent, grating performances lately, fits the role to the T. But blame it on the almost nauseatingly high number of mindless films you have seen him in the past two years, the impact is greatly diluted.

Khanna, on the other hand, performs the role of the superstar hankering for international fame with aplomb. If you can ignore the ugly wig on him, you will enjoy his reaction every time he thinks or speaks of the Oscar. "Gareeb Hindustani," he grins at one point. That's his ticket to superstardom.

Then there's Sheila Ki Jawani. The song, mounted lavishly, is another Farah Khan special. Kaif looks like a dream, the song sets the right mood, and the Jhooma Chumma tribute is a delight.

But chutkulas and item songs don't make a film. even if Shirish Kunder, the film's story, screenplay and dialogue writer, and editor, background music scorer and co-producer — he makes sure his name appears at least six times in the credits, opening and end — doesn't seem to think so.

Though the story is interesting (Neil Simon of After The Fox should ideally get the credit), the writing is so pedestrian and Farah Khan's presentation so lacklustre that you wonder how the film was greenlighted at all.

The only possible explanation seems to be that Kunder chanced upon the DVD of After The Fox only recently. A script seems to have been readied in quick time. Actors were probably brought on board soon after and with Aamir Khan deciding to leave the Christmas weekend alone — he has delivered three superhits in three consecutive years around this time of the year — a deadline seems to have been set to ensure the film gets off to a record-breaking opening.

"But I don't have Shah Rukh this time," Farah Khan must have thought. Sheila seems to have come in as replacement. But it's just not enough.

Final word? Tawaif ki lut-ti izzat shaayad bach jaaye, par Tees Maar Khan ko bachana namumkin hai.

Edited by IHeartDeepika - 24 December 2010 at 9:27am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrahruky786

IHeartDeepika. IF-Sizzlerz
IHeartDeepika.
IHeartDeepika.

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 9:28am | IP Logged
^was this review already posted? Sorry I can't remember.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ruky786

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 9:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tweety_lovely

Originally posted by sapnon_ki_pari

It's so sad that movies like TMK and Dabaang make such blockbusters and movies like Udaan disappear without any box office success. 

TMK is not yet a blockbuster......our habit is so bad tht once two three articles come out we call calling film a superhit.......dabangg became a success becoz everybody knew the story what it is abt and what will happen.....they knew they will just go relax and ENJOY the movie.....they trust salman khan...and thats how it became the success..

but same cant be said abt akshay kumar......HIS CCTC was superrocking on first day and received good collections...but what happened after two days.....and JEEZ what is katrina's role in this movie?? my friend who is also a katrina fan she went to watch for her and said tht except sheela song,..she has nothing to do in the movieConfusedConfusedso now TMK will have to rely upon solid word of mouth or else the collections can dip heavily over the weekend making it even a disaster like KITES

Yh don't get their hopes high about TMK I mean Akshay's last few films havent done well I know even my friend Amara said to me she loves Katrina but she was hardly in the film ROFL she was like why did I waste my time

Go to top