Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

All Tees Maar Khan reviews here (Page 12)

turqoisedress IF-Stunnerz
turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 12:01pm | IP Logged

Tees Maar Khan

Nikhat Kazmi, TNN, Dec 23, 2010, 09.31pm IST
Email this article
Save this article
My Saved articles
Reduce font size
Increase font size
Share on Hotklix
Share on Messenger
Share on Facebook
Share on Yahoo Buzz!
Hotklix Digg
Google Bookmarks StumbleUpon
Reddit Newsvine
Live Bookmarks Technorati
Yahoo Bookmarks Blogmarks
Del.icio.us ApnaCircle
Trailer
See photo
Story: Tabrez Khan ( Akshay Kumar) heralds himself as Tees Maar Khan (TMK), the greatest con artist who lives to rob and robs to live. Walking in an out of jails, he plans to pull off the most daring heist of his career, after being hired by a robbers' duo, the Johari brothers (Rajiv and Raghu). The crooks want him to rob a train carrying a carriage-full of treasures. Easy, exclaims TMK and unleashes a bizarre robbery plan which involves an entire village, an Oscar-obsessed film star (Akshaye Khanna), a bunch of cronies and a bimbette girl friend ( Katrina Kaif) who happens to be a wannabe film actress too and spends her time acting in silly movies.

Movie Review: Farah Khan is indeed a fun-loving person with a pronounced sense of humour, as has been evident in her earlier films. If Main Hoon Naa had a delightful sense of fun permeating through the college campus where most of the drama unfolded, then Om Shanti Om used Bollywood's favourite theme -- reincarnation -- with a sparkling, tongue-in-cheek tenor that made the implausible end up as uproarious fun. Tees Maar Khan too is purported to be total fun and begins on a promising note, with the actors creating havoc on screen from the word go. Unborn Akshay kicking in his Bollywood-crazy mother's womb, all grown-up Akshay breaking the law and bragging about it in bindaas style, dim-witted Anya (Katrina) doing the Sheela Ki Jawani number with aplomb and basking in her B-grade starlet status, an edgy superstar (Akshaye Khanna) tearing his hair apart for having missed the Oscar to Anil Kapoor's Slumdog Millionaire act...you begin to settle down for loads of masti and dhamaal as the show unfolds.

But post interval, you end up restless. And fidgety. Because nothing really connects. The film maker has always treated Bollywood cinema with a fond irreverence and has laughed at many of the sacrosanct givens of the mainstream formula. But all the jokes and the jibes have been incorporated in a storyline and a screenplay that has always managed to have an emotional connect, like old-fashioned Hindi cinema has. Main Hoon Naa reiterated the bhai-bhai bond and OSO applauded the eternal love story that seems to be staple Bollywood fare. Sadly, Tees Maar Khan begins as a spoof and remains a spoof, till the very end. All the characters end up as mere caricatures and completely fail to build up an emotional quotient in the film. The protagonist, Tees Maar Khan, ends up as a much-applauded character in the film, but you don't feel like putting your hands together for him because even his con act leaves you cold. Katrina Kaif's Anya is the strangest heroine act till now. Completely over the top and completely brainless, she has nothing alluring about her, till the very end. All she does is rant, rave and live up to the dumb girlfriend/item girl stereotype, donning rollers in her hair and declaring 'You dirty dog' over and over again. The only exaggeration that seems to work here is Akshaye Khanna. He plays the Oscar-crazy superstar as a hysterical madcap and somehow manages to pull off the joke. A complete surprise act from the generally staid and sober Akshaye Khanna!

The film might have worked if it had buffered its spoof-and-satire stance with some emotional drama too. For there is only this much you can laugh at Danny Boyle becoming Danny Doyle and Manoj Night Shyamalan becoming Manoj Day Ramalan. If the drama fails to touch you, the music (Vishal-Shekhar) doesn't remain with you too long. Of course Sheela Ki Jawani is eye-popping chartbuster fare and adds another definition to the item number with Katrina's explosive rendition. But eventually, fun needs a foundation too and spoofs need some substance to carry them through. TMK has colour, humour, pace but nothing does seem to fall in place in terms of plot and character connect.

Read more: Tees Maar Khan - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/movie-reviews/hindi/Tees-Maar-Khan/articleshow/7149954.cms#ixzz18xldWBDU

lovanika IF-Rockerz
lovanika
lovanika

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
".......Katrina Kaif's Anya is the strangest heroine act till now. Completely over the top and completely brainless, she has nothing alluring about her, till the very end. All she does is rant, rave and live up to the dumb girlfriend/item girl stereotype, donning rollers in her hair and declaring 'You dirty dog' over and over again."

OMG...not a singel good review on the top actress....this is so not happening....This will surely make Kat a very angry woman...LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

anna143--ania--.khoobsurat.IHeartDeepika.

turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lovanika

".......Katrina Kaif's Anya is the strangest heroine act till now. Completely over the top and completely brainless, she has nothing alluring about her, till the very end. All she does is rant, rave and live up to the dumb girlfriend/item girl stereotype, donning rollers in her hair and declaring 'You dirty dog' over and over again."

OMG...not a singel good review on the top actress....this is so not happening....This will surely make Kat a very angry woman...LOL
Well if she thinks saying you dirty dog and should I put on more makeup throughout the movie..and having a sexy item song was gonna fetch her the best actress award..then I don't even know what to say ROFL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

anna143.khoobsurat.IHeartDeepika.

lovanika IF-Rockerz
lovanika
lovanika

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

Well if she thinks saying you dirty dog and should I put on more makeup throughout the movie..and having a sexy item song was gonna fetch her the best actress award..then I don't even know what to say ROFL

One fine day we might even see that.....

I was dumbstruck when Faridoon asked her in recent TMK promotional interviews" People felt that there was very little of you in the movie Rajneeti.." He was being polite and not say you hardly had 4 dialogues in that movie...and Katrina goes "I like it that way..people should leave theatres asking for more of me rather than saying I was there too much..so this way they look forward to me in my next movie.."
Well I didn't get that logic......

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anna143IHeartDeepika.

turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 12:20pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by chocolover89

One fine day we might even see that.....

I was dumbstruck when Faridoon asked her in recent TMK promotional interviews" People felt that there was very little of you in the movie Rajneeti.." He was being polite and not say you hardly had 4 dialogues in that movie...and Katrina goes "I like it that way..people should leave theatres asking for more of me rather than saying I was there too much..so this way they look forward to me in my next movie.."
Well I didn't get that logic......
The scary part is that yea..we might see that LOL 

I stopped looking for logic in what she says after she said I'm Indian because my skin is brown ROFL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

lovanika.khoobsurat.Zareena

Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
wait did she really said brown comment??[Shocked

Edited by Zareena - 23 December 2010 at 12:34pm
turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
Zareena..I remember reading an article where she said that. Of course she could have been misquoted..it was around the time when the questions on whether she's Indian or not really surfaced. I never actually heard her say it since there wasn't a video of it..

Anyways we should stop this here..since we're going off-topic LOL My bad habit never goes away LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Zareena

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
wow man taran adarsh swearing? that is so coolROFL

Go to top