Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by -Crystal-

I watched this movie because I liked the promos and the music video promos.

But the amusing thing is that some people who did bash the promo left right left in the tmk promo topic and said things like "I will never see this crap in cinema" "I will do this and this than see this movie" etc.. but some of those people did see the movie and now they using the excuse that "they was forced to watch it" 

hmm....😕

Akki does comedy movies and if you like his movies then u know what this movie also is going to be like simply an entertainer only. NOT an award worthy movie or anything like that... so I dont get why people was expecting this movie to be a award worhty movie, social movie, etc....

And please stop with remarks on people who liked the movie, some loves comedy movies there is no need to bash them and tell them they dumb that they love them etc.. 

If you really care so much about cinema and do not want comedy movies to do well then first of all stop supporting the movie with going and watching it in the cinema, if that is not double standard then I dont know what that is then.

I am not using an excuse because my cousins wanted to watch this film and obviously I can't say no otherwise it will make me look bad and their mum would have told me off anyway DO YOU really think I wanted to go? NO!!!! Some people need to get over the fact that some of Akshay Kumar films are getting boring and Katrina Kaif seriously needs acting classes
^^exactly on the festive season....u can't say no to ur friends and relatives...i remember thtere was a movie called fool and final and i oath not to watch it but it was broken when my cousin created a havoic at home to see it...obviousl she wasnt allowed to go alone so i had to accompany her and bear the pain..

no matter how much hardworkin katrina is...she still didnt even manage to learn hindi inspite of so many years..tht really sad tht diction and delievery and accent is that horrible....she should learn hindi first...if she wants to become an actress or else continues her tricks....nobody will rmeember her as an actress anyways.

abt akshay i dont any particular fan of his in this forum...the only fans of katrina are rining for akshay.....he better retires becoz he cant do anything good on screen.
lol since when the reviews thread has become the justification thread .....?

Why attacking people...?
People can say it's crap and then going to watch...I don't see the point of your post ...
oh lord essays about motives to watch entertaining movies..isn't that really obvious...just having good fun & forgtting about daily trouble...

I'll watch TMK cause I'v seen all farah' movies so far --- only really liked OSO...Masala is good! So why depriving us!
Originally posted by tweety_lovely

^^exactly on the festive season....u can't say no to ur friends and relatives...i remember thtere was a movie called fool and final and i oath not to watch it but it was broken when my cousin created a havoic at home to see it...obviousl she wasnt allowed to go alone so i had to accompany her and bear the pain..

no matter how much hardworkin katrina is...she still didnt even manage to learn hindi inspite of so many years..tht really sad tht diction and delievery and accent is that horrible....she should learn hindi first...if she wants to become an actress or else continues her tricks....nobody will rmeember her as an actress anyways.

abt akshay i dont any particular fan of his in this forum...the only fans of katrina are rining for akshay.....he better retires becoz he cant do anything good on screen.

Obviously I had to go, you know they even paid the tickets as well for me as well but the only reason why I spent a lot of money because I had too much popcorn. I completely agree with you about Katrina and Akshay, seriously I don't see why she shouldn't get her accent right
Tees Maar Khan Falls Heavily On Monday

Tuesday 28th December 2010 15.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Tees Maar Khan fell heavily on Monday as it grossed around 4.50 crore nett which is around 65% lower than its Friday business. All circuits fell across the board with Mumbai being worst at around 70% fall while East Punjab and CI recording smallest falls at around 60%.

The film is now looking at a 51-52 crore nett first week which would be the sixth biggest ever but a huge disappointment considering the weekend business.

It has no competition next week so it will keep most of its screen space as exhibitors have no alternative but the problem is if the weekdays keep on dropping heavily then collections will be at low levels by then. A holiday on Saturday could give it small respite from dropping collections.

http://www.rediff.com/movies/slide-show/slide-show-1-five-reason-tees-maar-khan-bombed/20101228.htm
  NextSukanya Verma in Mumbai
Farah Khan's Tees Maar Khan was expected to be the eagle that soared at the box office this year. Instead, it has turned out a turkey, spurned by audiences and critics. Sukanya Verma explains what went wrong with one of her favourite directors's latest film.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

With Main Hoon Naa and Om Shanti Om, Farah Khan, the choreographer-turned-director, demonstrated her flair for dazzling aesthetics and quick-witted humour. As it turns out, both films earned blockbuster status and catapulted her in the league of the leading Hindi filmmakers.

Ever since she announced her new project, Tees Maar Khan, expectations were understandably greater than ever. Moreover, thanks to the overwhelming amount of publicity generated owing to its ritzy item number, Sheila Ki Jawani, the con caper was slated to become Bollywood's grand finale to 2010.

Instead of a hat trick, Farah's rights-purchased remake of Peter Seller's After the Fox was ruthlessly ravaged by audiences and critics.

Expectedly, the film opened well at the box office last weekend -- it is Akshay Kumar's best opening ever -- but collections dropped dramatically after disappointment dawned.

What went wrong?

1. Tacky, pedestrian writing

The Kunders -- Farah's husband Shirish and his brother Ashmith -- had some nifty source material at their disposal. But instead of getting inspired, they botched it up to produce a rather pedestrian, lacklustre, sluggishly written screenplay that was preoccupied in forcibly plugging its titular character's coolness instead of providing a solid enough characterisation to root for him.

Considering humour has such a strong identity in Farah's films and persona, the standard of comedy in Tees Maar Khan is appalling!

The jokes involving an Albino, gay cops or those snide remarks on industry wallahs are much too stupid or snarky to endorse.
From Zayed Khan to Deepika Padukone, Farah is known to extract engaging performances from the rawest of stars.

Here, she's got a reasonably talented bunch to work on, but the acting is completely out of bounds.

With the exception of Akshaye Khanna, everyone screams, hams, goes berserk.

It's almost like an audition for a circus.

Both Main Hoon Naa (Composer: Annu Malik) and Om Shanti Om (Composers: Vishal-Shekhar) boasted of some lilting music.

TMK (Composers: Vishal-Shekhar/Shirish Kunder), on the other hand, has nothing going for it barring the title track and Sheila....

Honestly, those two numbers too wouldn't have caught our attention if it wasn't for the incessant promotions on national television.

The songs are oh-so-blah and boring that even Farah's vivacious choreography doesn't help.

With great power comes great responsibility. And though Tees Maar Khan has the gall to equate himself with Spiderman, his creators appear much too supercilious to understand the virtue of evaluation.

Given the manner in which they have advertised the movie, this inferior piece of filmmaking is a reminder of why Bollywood is in dire need of self-inspection and how easily its folk allow success to sway their judgment.
So the film is actually a flop.Thanks God.God Ke Ghar er Hai Par Andher Nahin.
^^^
but still there are sources which are claiming it BLOCKBUSTER...especially in this thread...except kar fans also😆
Midweek B.O.: 'TMK' has huge weekend, yet below expectations, drops on Mon

- By Taran Adarsh, December 27, 2010 - 15:27 IST

FilmCastPlussesMinussesVerdict

Tees Maar Khan
Akshay Kumar, Akshaye Khanna, Katrina Kaif, Ali Asgar, Raghu, Rajiv, Aarya Babbar, Murli Sharma, Aman Verma, Apara Mehta, Sudhir Pandey, Sachin Khedekar, Vijay Patkar, Salman Khan [sp. app.], Anil Kapoor [sp. app.]Thoroughly entertaining first half. Plus, 'Sheila Ki Jawani'Loses grip in post-interval portions. Screenplay lacks punch. Jokes fall flatRecorded impressive numbers in its opening weekend. But the cracks started appearing faster than expected. The business fell on Saturday [noon shows] and then on Sunday [noon and evening shows]. The breakup:- Fri: 13 cr, Sat: 13.25 cr and Sun: 12 cr. Total: Rs. 38.25 cr nett. It's the third biggest opening of all times [DABANGG 48.5 cr, 3 IDIOTS/3 days 40 cr, TMK 38.25 cr, GOLMAAL-3 35 cr and RAAJNEETI 33 cr]. Ideally, the opening weekend of TEES MAAR KHAN should've been approx. Rs. 45 cr + nett, which means the film has fallen short of expectations. The latest development is, Monday morning and noon shows have witnessed a fall in business. At places, the fall was quite substantial

Toonpur Ka Superrhero
Ajay Devgn, KajolBlends animation with live characters wellScreenplay writing could be tighterHad a slow Friday, but picked up marginally during the evening shows on Friday as well as Saturday. However, the big jump was clearly missing. Dull

Band Baaja Baaraat
Anushka Sharma, Ranveer Singh, Neeraj Sood, Manmeet Singh Sawhney, Manish ChaudhariFresh, youthful and extremely entertaining. Plus, Anushka and Ranveer's first-rate performancesSlips in the post-interval portionsMaintained well despite new releases. Above average [theatrical business]

Isi Life Mein
Akshay Oberoi, Sandeepa Dhar, Salman Khan [sp. app.], Mohnish Bahl, Shagufta Ali, Prachi Shah, Aditya Raj KapoorThe lead pairPoor script and lackluster directionRemained a non-starter