Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by ladygaga

TMK is not the only movie that is playing in theater.. there are other movies also.. if not bolly then atleast there should be some decent holly movie that must be playing.. No one is forcing people to watch TMK.. The thing is that even after watching Akki's other movies like Singh is king, Houseful, Khatta meetha.. if people are watching TMK then they are very well aware of the fact that all Akshay kumar movies are like that.. and honestly TMK is no diff than a regular akshay movie.. so i don't get it.. if people are going in expecting an akki movie.. so i don't get how they can be disappointed with this..

@ Red -I m sry but this dnt make any sense to me .  Isn't tht entirely an individual's choice to watch any movie they want ?
Is thr sum policy like dnt diss a movie if u watch it ?๐Ÿ˜†  oh then toh professional critics shud stop watching movie altogether !๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†

Who sed any1 is forcing ..  no one is .. but if I watch a movie n i think it was not worth of my money spent n time i m bound to criticize it๐Ÿ˜›

TMK was properly publicised n hyped .. tht generates curiosity .. n ppl thrfore go n watch to knw if its actually worth all the publicity :)

Critics are obligated to watch movies because its their job to watch them and review them. Aam junta can pick and choose the movies they like to watch. I personally find it weird that people complain a lot about Akki's movies but still go and watch them again and again. But maybe that is just me..

Tees Maar Khan Opens Lower Than Dabangg
20 mins ago by Komal Nahta

Tees Maar Khan opened to houses ranging from very good to excellent on 24th December. The trade was waiting with bated breath for the Akshay Kumar starrer to hit the screens as its opening was expected to be comparable to that of the year's biggest blockbuster, Dabangg.

Of course, the reports of 'Tees Maar Khan' are nowhere close to those of 'Dabangg'. But even the first day's collections of the two films are not in the same bracket. Whereas Salman Khan's 'Dabangg' had netted Rs. 14.85 crore on the opening day, the nett collection of 'Tees Maar Khan' on Friday was around Rs. 12.5 to 13 crore. 'Dabangg' had the advantage of the Eid holiday on the Friday it opened (10th September) whereas 'Tees Maar Khan' had no such benefit. But Farah Khan's 'Tees Maar Khan' has opened in the Christmas vacation period. Besides, admission rates in many cinemas have been hiked for 'Tees Maar Khan' more than they were for 'Dabangg'. Yet, the total of 'Tees Maar Khan' remained lower than that of 'Dabangg'. Incidentally, the opening of 'Tees Maar Khan' was the biggest ever for Akshay Kumar.

BooHOO๐Ÿ˜†

hey guys
i am relatively a newbie to this forum lol (a silent reader actually)
i was going through some reviews of TMK day before yesterday and was really disheartned that it wasnt that good as i had already booked the tickets for it.
So with a heavy heart, i went to the movie theatre and watched the movie and this is how i felt about the movie.

As i had gone with really low expectation, i enjoyed the movie a lot. I am neither a fan of Katrina nor Akshay Kumar but in this movie they were pretty likeable. Akshay Khanna was a surprise factor and i simply loved him. His comic timing was spot on and his "jai ho" thing. 
i liked the second part of the movie more as i was beginning to like the film. Moreover, there were some funny sequences in the second half.
Being a Salman Khan fan, i felt he was wasted in the song sequence "wallah re wallah". It was so boring that i ended up finishing all my popcorns in that sequence. I was really sad as i was expecting A LOT from that song. SO Thumbs down for that part.
Sheela ki Jawani is a treat to watch (minus all the hooting in the cinema).
There is simply NO plot or story line but its really its not that bad and neither its really good. 

Recommended for those who liked  movies like No Problem, Anjaana Anjaani types. ;)
Not Recommended for those who like serious and story driven movies or even Farah's last movie OSO because its nothing like that. 

Give it a try and watch it with extremely low expectation so that after watching the movie, you will feel content (atleast) lol.

Rating: 6/10
 ^^^ N Aam junta watches any movie they feel like.

Its not jst Akshay  .. Ppl complain abt every actor's movie .. For instance SRK .. thr r hordes of ppl who complain abt his movies endlessly .. tht includes me too .. but still go n watch becoz they want to !

Seriously Dabangg was a complete entertaining movie, loved it. No one should compare flop maar khan to dabangg๐Ÿ˜†
Tees Maar Khan CI Weekend Daily Figures

Monday 27 December 2010 10.30 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Tees Maar Khan did similar business on each day in CI over the weekend. The circuit saw the second biggest weekend ever edging out the 1.36 cr nett weekend total of Three Idiots. Dabangg remains at the top with a 1.98 crore nett weekend. The Tees Maar Khan daily totals are below.

Friday -  49,00,000

Saturday - 45,50,000

Sunday - 44,89,000

Total - 1,39,39,000

Originally posted by sarapattinson

hey guys
i am relatively a newbie to this forum lol (a silent reader actually)
i was going through some reviews of TMK day before yesterday and was really disheartned that it wasnt that good as i had already booked the tickets for it.
So with a heavy heart, i went to the movie theatre and watched the movie and this is how i felt about the movie.

As i had gone with really low expectation, i enjoyed the movie a lot. I am neither a fan of Katrina nor Akshay Kumar but in this movie they were pretty likeable. Akshay Khanna was a surprise factor and i simply loved him. His comic timing was spot on and his "jai ho" thing. 
i liked the second part of the movie more as i was beginning to like the film. Moreover, there were some funny sequences in the second half.
Being a Salman Khan fan, i felt he was wasted in the song sequence "wallah re wallah". It was so boring that i ended up finishing all my popcorns in that sequence. I was really sad as i was expecting A LOT from that song. SO Thumbs down for that part.
Sheela ki Jawani is a treat to watch (minus all the hooting in the cinema).
There is simply NO plot or story line but its really its not that bad and neither its really good. 

Recommended for those who liked  movies like No Problem, Anjaana Anjaani types. ;)
Not Recommended for those who like serious and story driven movies or even Farah's last movie OSO because its nothing like that. 

Give it a try and watch it with extremely low expectation so that after watching the movie, you will feel content (atleast) lol.

Rating: 6/10

NIce review๐Ÿ˜‰
here i am reading people going with least expectations enjoyed the movie๐Ÿ˜†.......OF COURSE guys kyoon nahi.....even we hear abt some circus not enjoyable and if we go there disheartenedly, surprisingly we enjoy a lot......dats obvious๐Ÿ˜†.๐Ÿ˜†..๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†..

so guys.....thats an obvious reaction !!!๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by tweety_lovely - 13 years ago
Originally posted by tweety_lovely

here i am reading people going with least expectations enjoyed the movie๐Ÿ˜†.......OF COURSE guys kyoon nahi.....even we hear abt some corcus not enjoyable and if we go there disheartenedly, surprisingly we enjoy a lot......dats obvious๐Ÿ˜†.....

so guys.....thats an obvious reaction !!!๐Ÿ˜†

i agree .. ๐Ÿ˜†