All Tees Maar Khan reviews here - Page 28

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
wow such terrible reviews... my friends were planning on goin out to watch the movie today and now they've changed thr mind after reading the reviews. I'll wait till it comes out on jadoo ðŸ¤£

.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Rajeev Masand Review Rating 2 stars

The con's on you! 

Tees Maar KhanRating: December 24, 2010Cast: Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif, Akshaye Khanna, Arya Babbar, Apara MehtaDirector:

Farah KhanDirector Farah Khan will stop at nothing to get a laugh out of you. No disability is too sensitive to make a joke of, and no stereotype too overused to flog one last time.In a scene from her new film Tees Maar Khan, a dark-skinned thief nicknamed Ismail Koyla who only commits robberies in the night, is finally arrested when his shining teeth give away his hiding spot. In another scene in which a movie is being cast, a toothless villager presumably suffering from leucoderma is selected to play a British officer because he has white skin. A pair of conjoined twins only speak in unison and repeatedly hi-five each other. And three effeminate village boys forever dressed in pink assist a heroine with her make-up, and roll their eyes longingly at a hunky filmmaker.If you're outraged by such low-brow humor, Tees Maar Khan is going to be a long, hard slog for you.Adapted from After the Fox, a 1966 comedy starring Peter Sellers, this film stars Akshay Kumar as Tabrez Mirza Khan or Tees Maar Khan, a master criminal who learnt to steal even before he was born, because his mother was addicted to classic Bollywood crime films while she was pregnant with him. When Tees Maar Khan is hired by the notorious Johri Brothers to rob a train stuffed with roughly 5,000 crore rupees worth of antiques, he pretends to be a Hollywood filmmaker named Manoj Day Ramalan, and under the guise of shooting a period film, enlists an entire unsuspecting village to help him with the heist.Despite several staggeringly silly set pieces ' including a sequence in an airplane in which Tees Maar Khan escapes from the clutches of two police officers ' the film's first hour races by briskly thanks to breakneck pacing, and at least two energetically choreographed dance numbers. But by the time you've settled into your seat post intermission, the screenplay begins to come apart. There's a particularly awkward gag involving a headless horseman, and that leads to a supposedly poignant moment in the film that is entirely contrived. Even the train heist sequence isn't filmed dramatically enough, and the Manoj Kumar tribute at this point seems forced and overstretched.Tees Maar Khan, surprisingly, doesn't match up to the standards set by Farah Khan with her previously directed films. Both Main Hoon Na and Om Shanti Om were smarter, funnier films that benefitted from the writer-director's irreverent humour. But for this film she hands over the writing responsibilities to Shirish and Ashmit Kunder who appear to have drained the film of any smartness. The dialogues are repetitive, and the jokes in Tees Maar Khan are mostly puerile and not very funny at all. In fact, it's an arrogantly written script that seems to take the audience for granted.However, it's a testament to Farah Khan's directing skills that she makes even this disappointing film work on at least a few occasions. She draws out a winning performance from Akshaye Khanna as the Oscar-hungry filmstar Aatish Kapoor, who's still hurting from having lost a role in Slumdog Millionaire on account of his foolish secretary. Despite the incessant hamming, Khanna easily emerges this film's best joke. Katrina Kaif, in a smaller role, as Tees Maar Khan's struggling actress girlfriend, submits herself completely to the silliness of her character, and at least succeeds in evoking a smile out of you.In the choreography department, there are few who can rival Farah Khan. The Sheela ki jawaani number is one of the film's early highlights, a sight to behold not only for the dance movements but for the complete staging of the production ' the music, the costumes, the lighting, and the editing. The Wallah wallah set piece too, featuring Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan, has an infectious energy that is indisputable.Even if you go in willing to suspend your disbelief, Tees Maar Khan is not an easy film to enjoy. Akshay Kumar works very hard to make the buffoonery look like fun, but he's saddled with such poor material, it's no surprise it doesn't work.I'm going with two out of five for director Farah Khan's Tees Maar Khan. Working with Akshay Kumar for the first time, it's surprising she delivered not the trademark Farah Khan entertainer one expected from her, but a typical harebrained Akshay Kumar comedy instead.

http://www.rajeevmasand.com/reviews/our-films/the-con-is-on-you/
Edited by lensahunte08 - 13 years ago
anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
hhaahah omg my friend just sent me youtube link to TMK .... the whole movie is on youtube ðŸ¤£
Originally posted by: anna143

hhaahah omg my friend just sent me youtube link to TMK .... the whole movie is on youtube ðŸ¤£

Can you send the link to the movie? Now I REALLY wanna see how bad it is.
anna143 thumbnail
Originally posted by: eraser

Can you send the link to the movie? Now I REALLY wanna see how bad it is.

sure let me send it to u in ur inbox

So I just watched a part of the movie and this is what happened to me..

laly thumbnail
Dec 24, 2010 - 12:00 PM

Tees Maar Khan

[ 4 ]

Director: Farah Khan
Cast: Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif and Akshaye Khanna
Release Date: 2010-12-24 08:00:00
Quick Take: Don't get conned into this one!

Okay, there is no good news at all. None. So if you want to proceed with the bad news then please continue reading. Tees Maar Khan is an unexplained phenomenon as far as filmmaking is concerned. Inspired from the Peter Seller's starrer After The Fox, Tees Maar Khan is about this con man who, well, cons everyone. And for the biggest heist of his life (to rob a train) he pretends to make a film.

Now for a film that possibly does not deserve any analysis, here's some. In the total absence of any coherent narrative, the characters tear around in the most exasperating manner. This is the hamfest of the year, given the fact that these mainstream stars pitch in the most horrendous performances of their lives. The dialogue is appallingly over the top and ceaselessly nonsensical. Even if TMK was intended as a spoof, we are deeply concerned about the kind of movie they are spoofing. It's impossible that any film could inspire such a parody.

Yes, there is Sheila ki jawani… but that's in the first half hour of the film allowing you the choice to leave the cinema hall once Katrina is done shaking her booty. The actress looks gorgeous but that's about it. The role she has been handed is too hare brained for her to do anything with.  Akshaye Khanna seems to enjoy the farce but again is paralysed by the stupidity of it all. And as for Akshay Kumar, he does try really very hard to make us laugh and that's just the problem. He is trying way too hard. We have tried very hard to look for other saving graces and regret to inform you that there are none. The film just plunges deeper and deeper into the depths of idiocy and never manages to retrieve itself from its caricaturish momentum. In fact, the only way you might get a fraction of your money's worth is if you arrive early enough to see the Dhobi Ghat and Saat Khoon Maaf trailers.

Tees Maar Khan directed by Farah Khan (How could you!) is just a relentless assault on your senses. Is this really the Farah Khan who gave us the smart and funny Main Hoon Na and Om Shanti Om? And it's mystifying as to why husband Shirish Kunder is taking credit in so many departments. Why would anyone want to own up to this tawdry product? This is a film with zero accountability towards its viewers. It fails on all counts. And being sincere Akshay Kumar fans we beseech him to please exercise some kind of quality control over the films he does. He simply can't continue to top his own list of bad films. We believe there is more to him than this.

With Tees Maar Khan you should believe all you hear. It's true. And despite the warnings, if you are foolhardy or brave enough to venture into the cinema hall, well, you've just been conned honey! But don't let them get away with it.

Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: eraser

So I just watched a part of the movie and this is what happened to me..

🤣🤣🤣🤣
🤣
IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Tees Maar Khan is a letdown

Sukanya Verma Reviews Tees Maar Khan. Post YOUR reviews here!

Three things I didn't expect: Logic, realism or Shah Rukh Khan [
Images ].

Three things I did: Fun, Farah-styled humour and VFM entertainment.

The conclusion I've arrived to is:  Things that happen in La la la land, should, um, stay there?

The reason I sound so utterly let down is: I lurrrve masala movies. To be more specific, I love Farah Khan's [
Images ] work. Be it Main Hoon Naa 
or Om Shanti Om, the lady just bombards the screen with pomp and show. At the same time, she demonstrates her know-how of the medium and skills at pulling off improbable scenarios while masterfully juggling tears, smiles, campy in-jokes to put forth some 16 reels of unstoppable entertainment. It's escapist, irreverent and super duper cool. Tees Maar Khan, regardless of its boastful title, is anything but.

What TMK really is: Akshay Kumar [
Images ] slips into the titular avatar as a renowned con artist. He's assigned to orchestrate a train robbery by conjoined twins (Raghu Ram in an interesting gimmick that never realises its full potential). To accomplish this, Khan dons the director's hat (Manoj Day Ramalan, anyone?) and fools an Oscar-obsessed Akshaye Khanna [ Images ] along with the villagers of little-known Dhulia into believing they're part of some patriotic drama that entails looting gold from a British goods train.

Buying last-minute official rights of After the Fox is: Hardly my idea of damage control. Moreover, the print that I watched credited Shirish Kunder (also one of the producers, dialogue and screenplay writer, editor, background scorer and guest composer) and not Neil Simon for the story.

What I liked about After the Fox: The beauty of this Peter Sellers comedy is that it relies on the camaraderie between a semi-retired Italian conman and a 60-something insecure American superstar against the backdrop of an entire village's naivete. A con works like magic only when it's carried out with smooth, poker-faced nonchalance. Sellers understood this requirement like a charm.

TMK's foremost crime is: It takes a long-winded route (crammed with lackluster Vishal-Shekhar songs) to get to the same point and robs the source off its rusticism substituting it with eye-squinting razzle-dazzle, playing up the cocky swagger of its background score-aided hero.

Things get to a point when tired of Akshay's bright, florid fuchsia shirt and chronic phrase 'Khanon mein Khan, Tees Maar yadda yadda,' I resign to admire the advertising overload of Good Earth's gorgeous crockery, lamps, furnishings and what not. Comedy turned catalogue, how funny is that?

And this is how the cookie crumbles:  Is TMK secretly a tribute to Dolly Bindra? You see, e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e screams in the film. Right from the leading man, his filmi mom, filmi girlfriend, filmi sidekicks to the last junior artist perched atop a mid-sized tree. Unless, the title's Cheekh Maar Khan, this decibel of cacophony is simply unacceptable.

Also, please Farah, you really have to let go of your loud mummy fetish. First Kirron Kher [ Images ], now Apara Mehta. Surely, the world can be a happier place without such theatrical screen matas. AND there's Salman Khan [ Images ] too! The Dabangg hero pitches in his starry presence, clad in an equally flashy red shirt to match Akshay's rani pink, to burst into a colourful even if completely avoidable qawaali.

Masala films are an art form too: They require achieving a difficult balance between fun and far-fetched. TMK, however, stretches beyond the realm of corny. Quite confusing why a filmmaker with razor-sharp candor and snazzy sensibilities should okay a rewrite this unfunny and disorderly?

Where the director really goes wrong is: Can't help wishing she should have written/adapted this one as well. She indulges a perfectly sloppy version of an officially-purchased plot, that's more Anees Bazmee than Farah Khan. You don't expect horror-lines like 'Mere nange haath tumhare nange gaal par... so on so forth.' It's all dumb, dumbed down, jarring or contrived.

Where's the wit, the cheek or the nifty attitude that sets her apart from her peers? As much as I giggled over her slapstick concepts like Satish Shah's spitting professor in MHN or SRK's [
Images ] Apahij Pyaar sequences in OSO, I don't understand what's so chuckle-worthy about all those needless homophobic jokes or a garish secretary types running after his flying toupee?

Moments of pungent humour are far too few and in between:  There's a scene in which Chunky Pandey [ Images ] is filming a Holi number when Akshay and his cronies show up to steal all the shooting equipment. Thrilled at spotting Chunky, one of the sidekicks exclaims something to the effect like, 'Dude, that's Chunky Pandey. I used to be a fan.' The disapproving glare on his accomplices compels him to instantly retract his words and plead, 'Insaan se kabhi kabhi aisi galti ho jaati hai (Everybody makes mistakes).'

Another one that comes to mind is the 'Ismile Khan' episode inspired by Happydent's fluorescent smile commercials, it's quite a droll.

The only other time you chuckle is when: Akshaye Khanna shows up to convey his manic resentment over Anil Kapoor's [
Images ] success in Hollywood, post-Slumdog Millionaire [ Images ], a role he was originally offered. He handles this hysterical character with such control and conviction; you can't help but admire his gusto despite the foolhardiness of it all.

As for the other Akshay: The gummy grinner appears to be having a good time calling the shots. Too bad TMK doesn't take him seriously beyond a smirk.

Everything's not lost: In all likelihood TMK will take a smashing opening courtesy Sheila and her much-touted jawaani. Katrina Kaif's [
Images ] vibrant jig highlighting her never-ending midriff and rollicking confidence is packaged in a high-voltage showstopper that seems destined to become the Ek, do, teen of her career. But that's not going to wipe the disappointment off genuine admirers of Farah's quirky creativity, including yours truly.

Rediff Rating:

ladygaga thumbnail

Tees Maar Khan: Friday Early Circuit Numbers

Friday 24th December 2010 23.30 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

The early circuit numbers are in for Tees Maar Khan for day one and they are up there with day one record holder Dabangg. Out of the two circuit totals in, Tees Maar Khan has beaten Dabangg in Nizam which is a strong Salman Khan circuit and fell a few lakhs short in Rajasthan another Salman Khan stronghold. The all India figure is also likely to be close call.

The first Friday numbers from Rajasthan and Nizam for Tees Maar Khan and Dabangg are below.

Rajasthan

Tees Maar Khan - 75 lakhs

Dabangg -80 lakhs

Nizam/Andhra

Tees Maar Khan - 67 lakhs

Dabangg -55 lakhs

http://www.boxofficeindia.com/boxnewsdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=2367&nCat=box_office_news