Posted: 13 years ago
ok....so the movie has been released for a day and yet no major critic has given their review yet?? even the omnipresent taran adarsh who gives reviews a week b4 the release???No over enthu tweets from faridoon??

i smell sum kind of conspiracy here....either they are busy negotiating how many suitcases to be sent by the makers (meaning a 3.5 - 4 - 4.5 star review), or the muvie was just so excruciatingly bad that they are all recovering from it! 
m in dilemma should i go or no?wanted to watch for akki
Originally posted by -Fizzylicious-

faryyy are you going to buy the ticket or for free?😆 Yaar no one has praised akki..they're all saying it's only the item song which is worth watching..but it's your call..
Originally posted by MeghaSRKLover

i trust faridoons reviews a lot more than tarns but it will be funny to read tarans review for this one 🤣
i also like reading rajeev msand's reviews too
waiting for them

this is what taran tweeted but i am not finding these tweets on twitter now..

@taran_adarsh @Faridoon_S just watched Tees Maar Khan in Vancouver! Lamest ****ing movie ever! #W*F
Originally posted by -Fizzylicious-

honest opinion? no, dont

i was going to watch it but ppl coming out of the cinema screen room were giving a very negative vibe to it so i gave my ticket back
the hype made it sound all that but if u watch the promos themselves you'll hear the cheesy dialogues in it so i guess ppl r telling the truth
im wondering if i shud go for TKS 😆
Originally posted by Zareena

this is what taran tweeted but i am not finding these tweets on twitter now..

@taran_adarsh @Faridoon_S just watched Tees Maar Khan in Vancouver! Lamest ****ing movie ever! #W*F

whoa, swear words? well i agree with his review! maybe he was going to DM it to faridoon but accidently tweeted it so he deleted it from his tweet 😆
Originally posted by MeghaSRKLover

whoa, swear words? well i agree with his review! maybe he was going to DM it to faridoon but accidently tweeted it so he deleted it from his tweet 😆

oh that does make sense. Because i've never seen taran tweet abusing😲
see...tweets disappearing...somethings fishy...i wouldnt be surpirsed if tomorrow taran turns up with a 3.5 or a 4 star rating for tmk....

Tees Maar Khan

Nikhat Kazmi, TNN, Dec 23, 2010, 09.31pm IST
Email this article
Save this article
My Saved articles
Reduce font size
Increase font size
Share on Hotklix
Share on Messenger
Share on Facebook
Share on Yahoo Buzz!
Hotklix Digg
Google Bookmarks StumbleUpon
Reddit Newsvine
Live Bookmarks Technorati
Yahoo Bookmarks Blogmarks
Del.icio.us ApnaCircle
Tags:tees maar Khan|Katrina Kaif|Akshay Kumar
Trailer
See photo
Story: Tabrez Khan ( Akshay Kumar) heralds himself as tees maar Khan (TMK), the greatest con artist who lives to rob and robs to live. Walking in an out of jails, he plans to pull off the most daring heist of his career, after being hired by a robbers' duo, the Johari brothers (Rajiv and Raghu). The crooks want him to rob a train carrying a carriage-full of treasures. Easy, exclaims TMK and unleashes a bizarre robbery plan which involves an entire village, an Oscar-obsessed film star (Akshaye Khanna), a bunch of cronies and a bimbette girl friend ( Katrina Kaif) who happens to be a wannabe film actress too and spends her time acting in silly movies.

Movie Review: Farah Khan is indeed a fun-loving person with a pronounced sense of humour, as has been evident in her earlier films. If Main Hoon Naa had a delightful sense of fun permeating through the college campus where most of the drama unfolded, then Om Shanti Om used Bollywood's favourite theme -- reincarnation -- with a sparkling, tongue-in-cheek tenor that made the implausible end up as uproarious fun. Tees Maar Khan too is purported to be total fun and begins on a promising note, with the actors creating havoc on screen from the word go. Unborn Akshay kicking in his Bollywood-crazy mother's womb, all grown-up Akshay breaking the law and bragging about it in bindaas style, dim-witted Anya (Katrina) doing the Sheela Ki Jawani number with aplomb and basking in her B-grade starlet status, an edgy superstar (Akshaye Khanna) tearing his hair apart for having missed the Oscar to Anil Kapoor's Slumdog Millionaire act...you begin to settle down for loads of masti and dhamaal as the show unfolds.

But post interval, you end up restless. And fidgety. Because nothing really connects. The film maker has always treated Bollywood cinema with a fond irreverence and has laughed at many of the sacrosanct givens of the mainstream formula. But all the jokes and the jibes have been incorporated in a storyline and a screenplay that has always managed to have an emotional connect, like old-fashioned Hindi cinema has. Main Hoon Naa reiterated the bhai-bhai bond and OSO applauded the eternal love story that seems to be staple Bollywood fare. Sadly, Tees Maar Khan begins as a spoof and remains a spoof, till the very end. All the characters end up as mere caricatures and completely fail to build up an emotional quotient in the film. The protagonist, Tees Maar Khan, ends up as a much-applauded character in the film, but you don't feel like putting your hands together for him because even his con act leaves you cold. Katrina Kaif's Anya is the strangest heroine act till now. Completely over the top and completely brainless, she has nothing alluring about her, till the very end. All she does is rant, rave and live up to the dumb girlfriend/item girl stereotype, donning rollers in her hair and declaring 'You dirty dog' over and over again. The only exaggeration that seems to work here is Akshaye Khanna. He plays the Oscar-crazy superstar as a hysterical madcap and somehow manages to pull off the joke. A complete surprise act from the generally staid and sober Akshaye Khanna!

The film might have worked if it had buffered its spoof-and-satire stance with some emotional drama too. For there is only this much you can laugh at Danny Boyle becoming Danny Doyle and Manoj Night Shyamalan becoming Manoj Day Ramalan. If the drama fails to touch you, the music (Vishal-Shekhar) doesn't remain with you too long. Of course Sheela Ki Jawani is eye-popping chartbuster fare and adds another definition to the item number with Katrina's explosive rendition. But eventually, fun needs a foundation too and spoofs need some substance to carry them through. TMK has colour, humour, pace but nothing does seem to fall in place in terms of plot and character connect.

Read more: Tees Maar Khan - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/movie-reviews/hindi/Tees-Maar-Khan/articleshow/7149954.cms#ixzz18xldWBDU
".......Katrina Kaif's Anya is the strangest heroine act till now. Completely over the top and completely brainless, she has nothing alluring about her, till the very end. All she does is rant, rave and live up to the dumb girlfriend/item girl stereotype, donning rollers in her hair and declaring 'You dirty dog' over and over again."

OMG...not a singel good review on the top actress....this is so not happening....This will surely make Kat a very angry woman...😆