Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

Sushant-Shampa's dance score... (Page 8)

gremlin. IF-Rockerz
gremlin.
gremlin.

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
When I came to this forum I was actually surprised to see Daya's fan following and how much he is popular and I dont think even Sushant have that much fans over here yet Sushant is getting accused of that popularity thing is very strange.And even Beyond IF I think Daya have quite alot of fans.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrahsensodyneAreYaar

--Rachna-- IF-Sizzlerz
--Rachna--
--Rachna--

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

And on a final note from my side as well.....maybe you aren't aware since you said you don't visit the forums of soaps....but honestly, Sushant is not popular to the extent that KSG is....and the kind of "popularity" that KSG has is the stuff of nightmares....I'm quite thankful that Sushant isn't popular like THATLOL

Haha true that LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

secret_GHT

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dabulls23

Sushant-shampa's so called dance did not deserve perfect 10 from all 3 judges...I am sorry there was not much dance...Some of the moves were not smooth...actually they  look awkward and not proper...Defo did not deserve 30 total score...I did not consider that performance having much dance moves but more of act-performance....

I dont understand why dance Latin-Ballroom dance on hindi songs??  Just dance Indian style dances on Bollywood songs...If they are going to perform Latin-American, Ballroom ETC type dance which has specific beats than use proper songs or music to dance on...Merely a suggestion...I am surprised to see Madhuri falling for some of these performance and giving high marks...Living in US must have given her more exposure to all other type of dances by watching...And how good she is with Bollywood or Indian classical dance should give her better understanding on Western dances...

I am not sure of Sushant's Partner's name spelling...Embarrassed

Pls share your thoughts...

Varsha di, I agree with you partially.

I don't think they looked awkward or not proper at all. In fact I did enjoy their performance the most. To me the Spiderwalk is always a winning move. It was a very good Latin Bollywood fusion.

That being said it was not proper 'Salsa' but a Salsa-Bollywood fusion. I thought I saw some Samba moves and hip rolls here and there. It should have been a 'high' scorer not a 'perfect' scorer.

But I'd lay the blame more on the whole JDJ format more. My biggest pet peeve has been lack of authenticity. Try to be honest to the dance form or call it fusion. We don't have to always do ballroom style there are many Indian folk and classical dances that can be attempted and tried to be true to form. Anyone trained in classical would pick on the wrong mudras or mixing up two similar forms. We need to start calling out those things in all forms.

The judges are also to lenient and inconsistent. Usually we should never see the tens till a good few weeks in. Also judges ought to be more honest - the 4's and 5's are not taboo. Michael Bolton doghouse anyone?

Anyway, actually I was most impressed with Daya this week. I mean this is a big clunky beefy guy doing the tango. No he did not look gorgeous or suave with his tango, it lacked finesse and polish. But Clap to Daya for attempting to be true to dance form. The scissoring of the legs, the aggressive steps, the hold of the upper body - it was not great - but you could see that the choreography was true to form and he was making an attempt to tango.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

dollyChirkutZindagidebayonDabulls23petticoat

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 11:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by soul_angel

When I came to this forum I was actually surprised to see Daya's fan following and how much he is popular and I dont think even Sushant have that much fans over here yet Sushant is getting accused of that popularity thing is very strange.And even Beyond IF I think Daya have quite alot of fans.

Exactly....I had no idea who Daya even was before JDJ....And then I saw this huge fan following for him in this section and I was like woahhhLOL.....I had expected to see a Sushant fan following but honestly it seems Daya's fan following would beat him anyday.....I mean just look in the audience how many kids showed up....all his fans onlyLOL

So yeah.....should we start comparing Daya's popularity to KSG's then?Tongue

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrahgremlin.sensodyne

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 11:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dabulls23

Besides none of these 3 judges are expert in any form of western  or latin dance...Remo is knowledgable on Hip-Hop and L N P....Madhuri with bollywood-Indian dance, Malaika really NONE....Embarrassed

IMHO Maliaka has been the most constructive so far, despite her lack of pedigree background. She has been the only one addressing footwork, hold, finish and transition - and pretty reasonably so for being an item dancer. Remo is being occasionally constructive, but as a trained professional - I'd expect more from him.
gremlin. IF-Rockerz
gremlin.
gremlin.

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 11:21pm | IP Logged

Bingo Anu !

I actually knew Daya from CID before hell even I like him when he breaks doors LOL but honestly if he isn't good in something then he is not being fans doesn't mean that we'll support our favourite even if he murders someone just an example dont jump on me people saying Daya didn't do any murder TongueLOL

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 11:25pm | IP Logged
What's is going on? Is this being done to annoy me? Well, you have to try harderTongue LOL
Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 11:26pm | IP Logged

Sarina thanks for both your posts...

Agree I liked Daya's performance as well..

Particular moves  by Shampa under the leg I think it was around 7:10 7 after on the link which one could see was very awkward and was not smooth...It was Shampa's move on couple of places which were not smotth at all IMHO...Embarrassed

They deserved 8.5 but not 10 Sowee to his fans...But as HBji said if Yana can get 10 so can Sushant...Big smile

BTW did u catch Skating with stars?  I was happy for Rabecca winning the title...Now this is where one can see Celeb working their butt of to work hard polish and skate like a pro-winner...Clap

Edited by Dabulls23 - 23 December 2010 at 11:29pm

Go to top