Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

Sushant-Shampa's dance score... (Page 6)

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Originally posted by debayon

Sorry I meant that he is KSG popularitywise. Smile

Yes, I never said he doesn't have talent, any having trained in 2 years of jazz dancing in non other than Shaimak Davar's dance group is bound to have oodles of talent...you can see that in his movements themselves..

Well, I guess we have to agree to disagree thenLOL <font size="3">This platform is for people who have never had dance experiences before, and seeing their progression over a period.</font> Now, if Sushant is almost perfect, and that is just about as high as one can go, where is the scope of improvement? He certainly doesn't deserve to be in the show(I mean it in a good way) He may want to compete with people of his level. Anyways, since he's here, I shall always respect him, never cheer him(not that he needs it)

@bold: But where does it say that exactly? I'm genuinely curious to know.....where does it say that this is a platform strictly for ppl who've never danced before??? I thought this platform was for celebrities from all walks of life.....there is no pre-requisite for whether they are supposed to be trained dancers or not....and even then....a person can be trained in ONE dance form.....they have to show a variety in this show.....so say Sushant is trained in jazz....that's his advantage, good....but obviously he will have to show variety as the show progresses....and if he dances well, then credit should be given where it's due.....Sushant winning some accolades doesn't take away from other contestants.

And coming back to the popularity question.....I don't really understand why Sushant's popularity is being held against him.....to take the KSG example again....in that case, the man was surviving strictly on the basis of his rabid popularity when he was ABOMINABLE and ABYSMAL at dancing....so THERE the resentment still made sense....but I don't understand why Sushant is being painted in the same light.....he is popular, yes....but his fanbase is nothing like the KSG fanbase....and given that the man is popular and a great dancer....it's a winning combination.....I don't see anything wrong with it.......there have been such contestants in previous JDJ seasons as well.....like season one with Shweta Salve....she was an excellent dancer and quite popular.....Sushant is not moving ahead strictly on the basis of voting.....yes the voting helps....but first and foremost, his dancing abilities are very good....so he deserves these scores and the votes.
See this is the problem that arises when people only read selective parts of the posts. I have already said that I don't hate Sushant's dancing, he is extremely talented, on the contrary, and I have nothing personal against him...it's his participation in such a meagre show, where his skills are not tested enough and in which he's in a league of his own. So you're saying that experience is not a prerequisite for participation in this show....fair enough...then the entite selection process is wrong, they should've brought former JDJ contestants in too...especially those with huge fan followings(Sony wins, fans win, contestants win) Ah yes, I would never have mentioned his fan following had the eliminations been based solely on the judges scores. But alas, it is not so!

Oh come on, if dancing skills carried greater weight than votes, Akhil would've long gone by nowLOL

--Rachna-- IF-Sizzlerz
--Rachna--
--Rachna--

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 10:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nishr

Ok,sorry on what basis are you saying he is KSG of this season??
I totally agree with Anu and Lunza,but I would just ask you one thing how many rabid fans did you see here in this post leave visiting PR forum?? did you see any one bashing Varshadi?
Infact his AT has been just 45 pages where as other celebrity AT has been more and it's about to reach 100 pages.I can see you are Daya fan,so it doesn't mean that you call others like that because you feel like your fav is not gonna win.
Really this is superb if your fav doesn't do well then blame other Celeb who is doing well for being famous.

You know the reason why Sushant's AT has only 45 pages is because we only talk about his performances there whereas all the other AT's have become a Chat Club LOL
gremlin. IF-Rockerz
gremlin.
gremlin.

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 10:35pm | IP Logged

Comparison between Sushant and KSG I am sorry but that is joke of the century LOL KSG dances like a sissy girl or rather an earthworm which has salt sprinkled on it and Sushant dances like a man as rightly put by Madhuri herself.

And comparison between KSG's fan girls and Sushant fans that is even a bigger joke.Have you seen any of us abuse anyones family after Sushant ? Have you ever gotten a hate mail from us saying all sorts of absurd things if you criticized Sushant ?

Honestly I have experienced both these worlds the insane one and the sane one and trust me when I say Sushant fans belong to the latter.And I am not saying cause I am his fan yes I am but I am only saying what I have experienced.The Kind of fans KSG have trust me you dont wanna know Wacko

If we are praising Sushant now cause he did good we'll criticize him too when he'll do bad we are not blind fanatics and we certainly dont bite people who dont think he's not good everyone is entitled to their opinion we understand that very much.

If your favourite is not doing very well it doesn't mean that you start degrading the one who is.
 Be Fair.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

CuteCherrytoothbrush13sensodynenimrahKai.AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 10:37pm | IP Logged

See this is the problem that arises when people only read selective parts of the posts. I have already said that I don't hate Sushant's dancing, he is extremely talented, on the contrary, and I have nothing personal against him...it's his participation in such a meagre show, where his skills are not tested enough and in which he's in a league of his own. So you're saying that experience is not a prerequisite for participation in this show....fair enough...then the entite selection process is wrong, they should've brought former JDJ contestants in too...especially those with huge fan followings(Sony wins, fans win, contestants win) Ah yes, I would never have mentioned his fan following had the eliminations been based solely on the judges scores. But alas, it is not so!

Oh come on, if dancing skills carried greater weight than votes, Akhil would've long gone by nowLOL

LOL you're telling me that I'm reading selective parts of posts and yet it seems you're doing thatLOL....I asked you simply if you can tell me where it states that this show is only for non-dancers who are not trained in any dancer form....and you haven't replied to that....instead you are telling me that I'm the one claiming that there is no pre-requisite for participation in this show.....I'm saying that on the simple basis of what this show has been all these years.

But then....if you find the entire selection process wrong, then there really isn't much we can discuss I guess.....so to take a page from what you previously said....I'll agree to disagreeLOL

Edited by nureat01 - 23 December 2010 at 10:37pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

toothbrush13sensodynenimrah

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by toothbrush13

This platform is for people who have never had dance experiences before, and seeing their progression over a period.

</div>
<div>

If that was the case then why was Sushant even approached for the show? He has never hidden his training from anyone. We can't blame him for taking up on a lucrative offer presented to him, it's the show's decision on how equal they want the field to be for the contestants.
The answer is simple: TRP's(read money) In this age of commercialization, channels care less about true aesthetics and quality entertainment value, and more on how much they can extract from te viewers. That's why I say the '90's were the golden age of Indian TV. Anyways, coming back to point, can you please quote a single sentence in which I am 'blaming' Sushant in anyway?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Dabulls23

-.Shriya.- IF-Sizzlerz
-.Shriya.-
-.Shriya.-

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
sushant did fab dance.. n he deserv itt
sensodyne IF-Rockerz
sensodyne
sensodyne

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
Even Ragini is trained in Bollywood dancing and even she is popular why is that no one has problem with that? I know it's because she hasn't scored perfect 30. Tongue

toothbrush13 IF-Dazzler
toothbrush13
toothbrush13

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 10:47pm | IP Logged

The answer is simple: TRP's(read money) In this age of commercialization, channels care less about true aesthetics and quality entertainment value, and more on how much they can extract from te viewers. That's why I say the '90's were the golden age of Indian TV. Anyways, coming back to point, can you please quote a single sentence in which I am 'blaming' Sushant in anyway?

I did see an issue brought up with "his participation in such a meagre show, where his skills are not tested enough and in which he's in a league of his own."  There's no way for him to know all of that before signing on.  Sure, he would have a general idea of the show, but how can he know that he will end up "in a league of his own"?  Also, there is definitely room for improvement; he's completely out of touch with the level of dancing he was once at, and he has room to progress. 

That brings me back to the point of this whole thread:  a ten, in my opinion, does not mean perfection of the dance in this show.  That isn't at all what JDJ has ever been about.  It's about the whole performance, and in the views of the judges - none of whom are professional salsa dancers anyway - it deserved that score.  The "meaning" of a 10 changes with every episode in JDJ with their incredibly inconsistent judging.

Edit add:  I see your point on TRPs and all, but I don't see how that should stop someone from taking on a show.  For all of them it's a job that pays well and will give a good experience, not a place to exhibit some sort of moral high ground over the channels.

Edited by toothbrush13 - 23 December 2010 at 10:50pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrahgremlin.sensodyneAreYaar

Go to top