Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

Sushant-Shampa's dance score... (Page 5)

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

haha, Dabulls did I liked your post, so you should at least have an idea about my perspective.

Not gonna say much, because I personally don't wanna be bashed by fans of Sushant.

All I will say is, he is at least gonna be in the top 3, if not win the show due to the dancing prowess he already has acquired before(yes, he is an established dancer), and also due the huge amount of votes he gets every week. He doesn't really need to worry about the scores, the votes will take care of thatLOL

Basically, he is the KSG of this season.

Dang Debu I was going to write abt KSG but refrained myself..WinkLOL  I know plenty of Sushant, Ankita fans here..Tongue  Well Sushant dances way betterBig smile than KSG  Dead  I dont follow any particular dancer or Choreographers...In this season's case Ex-DID contestants have been paired up as choreographers who have little experience in choreography...Embarrassed Jai being an exception...I think he has been doing it for a while but than again previous seasons choreographers had been pros...

So knowing this I decided to ask Mods to close the topic b/c I am not here to argue or debate with anyone...People support specific contestant for their own reasons and not for the technique of dancing...I respect that...

I look at the performance from the true dancing technique that I know of from watching it for many many yrs...I found most pretty weak in their steps and true latin dancing...It was more like hodge podge of diff dance type...Nothing to true Salsa or Tango ETC..

Caroline I will come visit this section but dont want to be the party pooper as I know how JDJ section gets...I was here last 2 yrs on and off...Lets see how things go here...Good to see ya too..

Nice to see some of the regular PRians here Big smile

Edited by Dabulls23 - 23 December 2010 at 9:37pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lunza

sensodyne IF-Rockerz
sensodyne
sensodyne

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 9:40pm | IP Logged

haha, Dabulls did I liked your post, so you should at least have an idea about my perspective.

Not gonna say much, because I personally don't wanna be bashed by fans of Sushant.

All I will say is, he is at least gonna be in the top 3, if not win the show due to the dancing prowess he already has acquired before(yes, he is an established dancer), and also due the huge amount of votes he gets every week. He doesn't really need to worry about the scores, the votes will take care of thatLOL

Ok,sorry on what basis are you saying he is KSG of this season??
I totally agree with Anu and Lunza,but I would just ask you one thing how many rabid fans did you see here in this post leave visiting PR forum?? did you see any one bashing Varshadi?
Infact his AT has been just 45 pages where as other celebrity AT has been more and it's about to reach 100 pages.I can see you are Daya fan,so it doesn't mean that you call others like that because you feel like your fav is not gonna win.
Really this is superb if your fav doesn't do well then blame other Celeb who is doing well for being famous.

Edited by nishr - 23 December 2010 at 10:00pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

toothbrush13nimrahgremlin.AreYaar

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 9:48pm | IP Logged
Friends I am sure Debu really did not mean to say Sushant is KSG of JDJ as far as dancing is concern...he meant popular...I know Debu from SRGMP-II-DID and DM section just like I know many of u from DID-SRGMP-PR sections.. Big smile

We all have right to voice our views-opinions...We must respect all..

Most dance shows winners are Country's most popular dancers...That has been the fact with AI and SYTYCD of US for past 2 yrs too...

Hope I am not out of line with my post here...Embarrassed

Edited by Dabulls23 - 23 December 2010 at 9:49pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

debayonpetticoat

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 9:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

You know you're entitled to your opinion, but PLEASE don't compare Sushant with KSG of all ppl.....he is NOT the KSG of this season.....firstly KSG couldn't dance to save his life.....and as for how obsessed his fanbase his....Sushant's fanbase is nothing like that.....I was in this forum last season so I'm well aware of how overtaken it was by the KSG fanbase....I don't see anything like that from the Sushant fans....yes he has a large fan-following but he also has TALENT to back it up unlike Mr. KSG.....so if he reaches the top three, it will be well deserved in my opinion cuz he can DANCE....there is no rule that states that trained dancers cannot take part in this show.
Sorry I meant that he is KSG popularitywise. Smile

Yes, I never said he doesn't have talent, any having trained in 2 years of jazz dancing in non other than Shaimak Davar's dance group is bound to have oodles of talent...you can see that in his movements themselves..

Well, I guess we have to agree to disagree thenLOL This platform is for people who have never had dance experiences before, and seeing their progression over a period. Now, if Sushant is almost perfect, and that is just about as high as one can go, where is the scope of improvement? He certainly doesn't deserve to be in the show(I mean it in a good way) He may want to compete with people of his level. Anyways, since he's here, I shall always respect him, never cheer him(not that he needs it)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Dabulls23petticoat

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 10:09pm | IP Logged

Sorry I meant that he is KSG popularitywise. Smile

Yes, I never said he doesn't have talent, any having trained in 2 years of jazz dancing in non other than Shaimak Davar's dance group is bound to have oodles of talent...you can see that in his movements themselves..

Well, I guess we have to agree to disagree thenLOL This platform is for people who have never had dance experiences before, and seeing their progression over a period. Now, if Sushant is almost perfect, and that is just about as high as one can go, where is the scope of improvement? He certainly doesn't deserve to be in the show(I mean it in a good way) He may want to compete with people of his level. Anyways, since he's here, I shall always respect him, never cheer him(not that he needs it)

@bold: But where does it say that exactly? I'm genuinely curious to know.....where does it say that this is a platform strictly for ppl who've never danced before??? I thought this platform was for celebrities from all walks of life.....there is no pre-requisite for whether they are supposed to be trained dancers or not....and even then....a person can be trained in ONE dance form.....they have to show a variety in this show.....so say Sushant is trained in jazz....that's his advantage, good....but obviously he will have to show variety as the show progresses....and if he dances well, then credit should be given where it's due.....Sushant winning some accolades doesn't take away from other contestants.

And coming back to the popularity question.....I don't really understand why Sushant's popularity is being held against him.....to take the KSG example again....in that case, the man was surviving strictly on the basis of his rabid popularity when he was ABOMINABLE and ABYSMAL at dancing....so THERE the resentment still made sense....but I don't understand why Sushant is being painted in the same light.....he is popular, yes....but his fanbase is nothing like the KSG fanbase....and given that the man is popular and a great dancer....it's a winning combination.....I don't see anything wrong with it.......there have been such contestants in previous JDJ seasons as well.....like season one with Shweta Salve....she was an excellent dancer and quite popular.....Sushant is not moving ahead strictly on the basis of voting.....yes the voting helps....but first and foremost, his dancing abilities are very good....so he deserves these scores and the votes.

Edited by nureat01 - 23 December 2010 at 10:09pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

CuteCherrytoothbrush13sensodynenimrahgremlin.Tani91

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 10:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dabulls23

<font color="#660099">Dang Debu I was going to write abt KSG but refrained myself..WinkLOL I know plenty of Sushant, Ankita fans here..Tongue Well Sushant dances way betterBig smile than KSG Dead I dont follow any particular dancer or Choreographers...In this season's case Ex-DID contestants have been paired up as choreographers who have little experience in choreography...EmbarrassedJai being an exception...I think he has been doing it for a while but than again previous seasons choreographers had been pros...</font>

</em>

<font color="#660099">So knowing this I decided to ask Mods to close the topic b/c I am not here to argue or debate with anyone...People support specific contestant for their own reasons and not for the technique of dancing...I respect that...</font>

<font color="#660099">I look at the performance from the true dancing technique that I know of from watching it for many many yrs...I found most pretty weak in their steps and true latin dancing...It was more like hodge podge of diff dance type...Nothing to true Salsa or Tango ETC..</font>

<font color="#006600">Caroline I will come visit this section but dont want to be the party pooper as I know how JDJ section gets...I was here last 2 yrs on and off...Lets see how things go here...Good to see ya too..</font>

<em><font color="#006600">Nice to see some of the regular PRians here Big smile</font>
Yep, as far as dancing is concerned, you cannot compare KSG and Sushant. Sushant kahan, or KSG kahan. Well, at least the contestants this season are straightROFL I won't say anymore, mujhe apni WL bahut pyaari hainLOL

Yah, like you know although I have been watching this show from Day 1, this year is special because of Daya. LOL His dancing still does need a lot of improvement but he is making progress...he has a talented choreographer indeed...let's see how far he goes...

At the same time, a few others like Ragini have caught my eye...let's see how far she goes too...

Not only dancing shows, singing shows are also biased to some extent. Classic example: TiaLOL

Dabulls23

--Rachna-- IF-Sizzlerz
--Rachna--
--Rachna--

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
I disagree with your post Varsha Di.

This was the first time on Jhalak that I saw a dance which carried out the theme throughout the performance. And Sushant was so much in character, he didn't let go of it even once. His postures were perfect and so were his lifts. Not many people are able to carry if off but he did. And as far as dance is concerned, I think it had enough or at least what it needed. Shampa is a brilliant choreographer and Sushant is an awesome dancer, they did deserve 30 and this was the best performance I have seen so far.

And Deba, don't you dare compare Sushant to KSG Angry KSG couldn't even dance Thumbs Down

CuteCherry

toothbrush13 IF-Dazzler
toothbrush13
toothbrush13

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 10:30pm | IP Logged

This platform is for people who have never had dance experiences before, and seeing their progression over a period.

If that was the case then why was Sushant even approached for the show?  He has never hidden his training from anyone.  We can't blame him for taking up on a lucrative offer presented to him, it's the show's decision on how equal they want the field to be for the contestants.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

CuteCherrygremlin.sensodyneKai.

Go to top