Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

Sushant-Shampa's dance score... (Page 3)

qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 8:19pm | IP Logged

Totally agree... Shampa was good.. but i dont think it deserved a 10.... its ridiculous!!! like some posters here.. the judges also mometarily lost if :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Dabulls23

qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 8:22pm | IP Logged
u know what in name of contemporary they do some hisrionics and want to pass it off as  a dance... i am glad you made this sensible post!!!

Dabulls23

pavelonmove Senior Member
pavelonmove
pavelonmove

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 9:47pm | IP Logged
i beg to differ, i think shampa did a great job with the choreography....and sushant performed really well......see we should always keep in mind that this competition is between the celebs, although some took dance lessons before, none of them r professional dancers and they dont get to rehearse 24*7, they work all day long and somehow squeeze in time for rehearsals......according to me, the movies were smooth and apt...

-Hoor-

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
I have to disagree.....I thought the concept was superbbbb....haven't seen it in any other Indian dance reality show so far and I'm sure it will be copied in the future in some other show.....lol

And the execution was excellent as well....to me the act actually started from the "ronde hai" bit.....everything from that point onwards was goosebumps inducing....the theatrical effect with the way they used the camera to create a whole movie like feel in those few minutes....the horror was brought out brilliantly....especially loved the idea of showing how she is trying to kill him while keeping the dance bits intact....the co-ordination in those bits was superb I felt....the way he'd jerk or fall in the exact moments when she'd attack him....they were so perfectly in tune throughout the act.....that is what enhanced it.

I feel the perfect score of 30 was given to them for the overall package......the fantastic concept, the dancing, the acting, the overall presentation....it all came together perfectly.....hence the perfect score.....I've see on DID many times an act is rewarded and praised with hardly any dancing in it.....that was not the case here.....they had a lot of dance while keeping the essence of the theme intact....and I loved that.

Edited by nureat01 - 22 December 2010 at 10:37pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

CuteCherry-Fivr-toothbrush13sensodynenimrahgremlin.-Hoor-

amotlymileo Goldie
amotlymileo
amotlymileo

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 12:32am | IP Logged

the act wasn't brilliant but it was good nevertheless...i found it to be better than all the other performances of this season(haven't watched the previous seasons)..the concept was something new..a never seen before one...Shampa did great work with the choreography and i didn't feel that the song was anywhere out of place...it suited the concept perfectly..
i am not a Sushant fan..not even a teeny-weeny bit but have to say his lines were really clear..
and as for Shampa..as PimpJuice said..it shows that she has been trained under Terence...she's a good storyteller..

but if you compare this performance to the onces at various other shows and channels...i will agree that this wasn't the perfect performance...we have had better than this...but then again..that won't be fair..the levels are different...the audiences are different..and we shudn't be comparing the two..

so i wud say...if the performance is being talked about at JDJ level...its been the best so a deserving 30...but if its being talked about at a higher level...it could be much better..

Edited by amotlymileo - 23 December 2010 at 7:09am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pavelonmoveAnjaani_Dastaan

starrry13 Senior Member
starrry13
starrry13

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 1:32am | IP Logged
How can u say thatShocked.Sushant performance was perfect no doubt.If this performance is so-called for u, then dear what about other contestants.There are a few contestants on jdj who have been given nice marks despite their bad performances in the first episode.AngryAngry SUSHANT REALLY DESERVED A PERFECT 30 PLUS STANDING OVATION!!!! And about his choreo,she is just awesome!!ClapClapClapClap

-Hoor-

lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 6:08am | IP Logged
Hi !! Smile .. Well , I disagree .. I thought they did complete justice to the theme that they were given .. which was to show a horror mini-film in the form of dance in 3 minutes .  So it had to have a bit of "acting" and theatrics .. I thought they did a great job combining both the dance and the "story" ...
And was it "perfect" "dance" ?  .. well I don't know too much about the technicalities .. so I can't critique with the right technical words 'n all .. but I thought overall his moves were pretty smooth and clean .. and I think they managed to give the gals - madz and malaika - a really good scare ... lol

And I think sushant won more than half the points with his body language and expressions .. the way he jerked and jumped when shampa was strangling him with an invisible noose , that creepy smile , that "scared outta his wits" expr . he gave when shampa again reappeared .. he was just too good !!!

The only people who can give a perfect performance  on the show are the choreographers .. not the celeb contestants .. if the judges keep cutting points for every awkward or "not-so-proper" move .. then all of them with be languishing in the 6-7 score range (and people with two left feet might not even be able to cross 5 ) !

Edited by lunza - 23 December 2010 at 6:31am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Anjaani_Dastaannimrah

digitalone 33 IF-Rockerz
digitalone 33
digitalone 33

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 6:30am | IP Logged
i m really not soo much satisfied with the scores at all with perfect 30 in this dance
concept was good no doubt on it
but really a mistakes was there i have seen the lifts was not proper that was noticeable and i think the salsa was not there at all only some moves it looks like the style of contemperory only

Dabulls23

Go to top