Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

Sushant-Shampa's dance score... (Page 11)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 12:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

There is no harm in being polite. True...but I don't see any harm in being blunt either....although I guess it doesn't work for a lot of ppl.

I honestly, have nothing against KSG or his fans. I cannot complain much - I worship Lady Gaga and everyone gives me a hard time about it. But I've never been hurt when people call her a freak show or talentless fake. Then you are a rare objective fan.....an unheard of breed on IF....at this point, I'm sure I've been reported a zillion times already by ppl unlike you who are willing to cry "bashing" at the drop of a hat and target ppl for no reason for saying far more polite things than calling someone a "freak show"....apparently calling a fanbase rabid is far more cause for "hurt" for ppl these days to sit and report it pointlessly.. Sometimes, I feel I am a terrible fan because I don't feel that intimate connection.

The lesson to be learned is that if you live by a bee hive, you don't paint your walls with honey. Some people paint themselves in honey and dance under the hive - and then tell God that he needs to fix the nature of bees. LOL....to that I'd say....why should a forum turn into a bee hive anyways? That is when the problems start....if only it was so simple as to dismiss someone for complaining "pointlessly" about the nature of bees....so basically everyone should perpetually live in fear of the bees no matter how unreasonably they behave? Not have any freedom to move about lest the bees come and bite them?? So much for freedom of expression....oops movement?LOL....while "God" just chills and hands out warnings? AwesomeLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrah

-Hoor- IF-Sizzlerz
-Hoor-
-Hoor-

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 12:17am | IP Logged
Im my opinion, Sushant gave the so far best performance so if Akhil can get 23 for practically doing nothing, then im sure 30 are even very less for Sushant for actually dancing nd giving us a complete performance! 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

lunza..Sonii..

..Sonii.. IF-Rockerz
..Sonii..
..Sonii..

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 12:23am | IP Logged

Sushant's performance was not of dance or act , but a combination of both, hence balanced the dance performance.

Sushant act was the best amongst all the performance, and as we saw the judjes gave standing owation not once but twice, it was overall effort of Shampa and Sushant, Kudos to them Clap
It was their day coz they made it possible.
Attempting new dance forms must be appreciated and hence Even Ankita was praised for that Clap

We enjoyed Daya's performance last week, and he was applauded.

So I felt Sushant's performance deserved full score!! Thumbs Up

-Hoor-

lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 12:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Hoor-

Im my opinion, Sushant gave the so far best performance so if Akhil can get 23 for practically doing nothing, then im sure 30 are even very less for Sushant for actually dancing nd giving us a complete performance! 

I watched a bit of akhil's second performance , and ya it was bad Ouch ...
I know this is a bit off-topic but I just had to say this - compared to all the other contestants , I think Akhil must be having the hardest time !!! I mean , he is the only one who is not related to the entertainment industry in any way ..... half of them are TV actors , so they have no inhibitions when it comes to performing on stage , expressions will come easily to them , and even if they havent danced before ( for eg. daya .. ) its much easier for them to shed their inhibitions and dance freely ... chang and anushka are singers , chang has done anchoring and also acted .. so both of them are used to the stage too ...

Takes a lot of guts , if you havent done anything like this before .. I applaud him for trying !!

Edited by lunza - 24 December 2010 at 12:37am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

CuteCherry..Sonii..nikitagmcpeachesnplums-Hoor-petticoat

YusBee IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 10:46am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 11:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Hoor-

Agreed that the the marks were dished out randomly and  unprofessionally and irrespective of the marks... Sushant didnt show any impressive dance moves which would warrant 30!!!. Shampa was good for sure.. but since this is more about the star.. he was just about ok....

Dabulls23

digitalone 33 IF-Rockerz
digitalone 33
digitalone 33

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 11:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bandicoot

Originally posted by digitalone 33

i m really not soo much satisfied with the scores at all with perfect 30 in this dance
concept was good no doubt on it
but really a mistakes was there i have seen the lifts was not proper that was noticeable and i think the salsa was not there at all only some moves it looks like the style of contemperory only

@bold: this is my problem with the performance. apart from a few 1-2-3, i hardly saw salsa. I am no expert but I do possess  some basic knowledge, it was more contemporary than salsa

are they going to be judged if they did Salsa properly  or is entertainment with a sprinkling of salsa the criteria?

on the dance of salsa only as they have selected international dance form then they have to do that properly and the way it is done. the main essence of the style should not be gone in the other things soo my  judging on the dance from only as i m doing best in it soo

Dabulls23

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 11:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by nafy_GHT

i've watched shows like so u think u can dance n dancing with the star. There is no way jhalak contestants can match up to so u think... standard. but its not evn possible. coz they r professional dancers n reharse 4 what 10-12 hrs a day? it would b absolutely wrong if we want that sort of performances from jhalak stars.

I think Sushant danced reallyyy well. yes there were technical flaws but the overall impact of the performance was mindblowing.

that;s my POV. I respect urs.Smile

Are you saying that Bristol Palin, Florence Henderson, Donny Osmond, Kelly Osbourne are professional dancer? Most DWTS contestants are not dancers and put in effort to learn dance. The only difference is the formats commitment to authenticity. I think JDJ can and ought to make a better commitment to respect dance forms and culture.

I understand that Sushant's performance was really good and entertaining. And from the fusion perspective it deserved to be good. But even from a perspective of someone who thoroughly enjoyed Sushant, a perfect so early is not good. Once on top, the only way possible is be static or fall down. There was definitely scope for improvement and scoring that is honest and beneficial to the contestants keeps the scope for improvement in perspective.

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is the point my topic-post is made for...Bold-underlined...JDJ tries throwing-shoving anything @ viewers in the name of Particular dance form...Embarrassed

Lunza my views on dance has no connection relation to the show PR or their characters...If I see true dancing I will be the first one to give kudos to a character I may not like...My likes-dislikes of any character has nothing to do with this...

Even when it came to Choreographers Jai was my fav in DID but u dont see my supporting him or his dance  in blind manner...Actually his posture and dancing is better than some of the others choreos....

Yeh topic kahan se kahan pahoonch gaya LOL

JDJ should be compared to DWTS and not SYTYCD.... 

Edited by Dabulls23 - 24 December 2010 at 11:38am

lunza

Go to top