Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

Sushant-Shampa's dance score... (Page 10)

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Alright....but if we just look at this forum......Daya's AT is close to 100 pages and Sushant's has hardly reached 50.....to reach the KSG level of popularity, someone would have to have a new AT being opened every single day.....THAT is the KSG level of popularity....

Maybe the point I'm trying to make is.....why should any popular TV star be instantly compared to KSG's rabid level of popularity? Is that the only benchmark? I don't think so....honestly I think it's degrading to compare Sushant's popularity to KSG's.....I guess that was the only reason I spoke up as well....

I would not say that comparing AT page speeds is a way to test popularity. A lot of AT threads tend to be spam.

That being said KSG's popularity will always be an exception to a lot of popularity norms, as it is almost a Davidian cult like following. His fans are extremely loyal, passionate and very determinate to stand up for him. Just off hand, no celebrity can really be compared to KSG really.

However, I think we could group Mona Singh, Prachi Desai, KSG and Sushant in a similar category for comparison. Each of them was probably the most popular soap celebrity of their respective JDJ seasons. The comparison works in the frame of popular soapstars on JDJ. We have to make concessions in some forms of comparison because statistically speaking even an outlier cannot be viewed in isolation, it is comparative to other data within the curve.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

lunza-Hoor-Angel-likeDevilpetticoatDabulls23

gremlin. IF-Rockerz
gremlin.
gremlin.

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 12:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

Well, that can be debated, considering that Sushant ranks 15 among the I-F TV database in comparison to Daya's 72 and that Sushant's AT has a longer list of fans than Daya's.
Those fans you are talking about in his AT let me clear one thing many of them didn't even knew Sushant well before Jhalak they only started liking and joined his AT after watching him dance so he surely deserve that each fan and vote he got cause he earned it and KSG if you ask me did he deserve all those votes for having an affair on the show yes he did for the cheap entertainment he's only popular for that but did he deserve all those votes for dancing for his talent Dang NO.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sensodyne

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 12:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

I would not say that comparing AT page speeds is a way to test popularity. A lot of AT threads tend to be spam.

That being said KSG's popularity will always be an exception to a lot of popularity norms, as it is almost a Davidian cult like following. His fans are extremely loyal, passionate and very determinate to stand up for him. Just off hand, no celebrity can really be compared to KSG really.

However, I think we could group Mona Singh, Prachi Desai, KSG and Sushant in a similar category for comparison. Each of them was probably the most popular soap celebrity of their respective JDJ seasons. The comparison works in the frame of popular soapstars on JDJ. We have to make concessions in some forms of comparison because statistically speaking even an outlier cannot be viewed in isolation, it is comparative to other data within the curve.

@bold: Exactly.......KSG ji is in a league of his own.....you put it in very polite terms, I can use more choice phrases but will refrain from doing so....or I might get a reminder PM again?LOL

No, I don't think the other soap stars can be grouped under the same category as KSG....they may have been the most popular in their respective seasons....but what KSG did to JDJ....well what he's done to IF in general really can't be compared with any other soap star's fan following....it has changed the face of IF forever....definitely NOT in a good way....

So I really personally don't see the need to compare Sushant to KSG in any form....that is all I'm saying. Please use any other example....EXCEPT KSG....really why taint the atmosphere of this forum by bringing his name in?LOL....has anything good ever come out of KSG being mentioned anywhere? The BB forum is another great example of this.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrahgremlin.sensodyne

secret_GHT IF-Dazzler
secret_GHT
secret_GHT

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 12:02am | IP Logged

What's is going on? Is this being done to annoy me? Well, you have to try harderTongue LOL

LOL why would we want to annoy you?.....it's just making a point....can Daya's popularity also be compared to KSG's then?? It's a valid questionSmile
Well, that can be debated, considering that Sushant ranks 15 among the I-F TV database in comparison to Daya's 72 and that Sushant's AT has a longer list of fans than Daya's.

Alright....but if we just look at this forum......Daya's AT is close to 100 pages and Sushant's has hardly reached 50.....to reach the KSG level of popularity, someone would have to have a new AT being opened every single day.....THAT is the KSG level of popularity....

Maybe the point I'm trying to make is.....why should any popular TV star be instantly compared to KSG's rabid level of popularity? Is that the only benchmark? I don't think so....honestly I think it's degrading to compare Sushant's popularity to KSG's.....I guess that was the only reason I spoke up as well....

I personally feel sushant is thousand times more popular than KSG. now plz dont kill me n let me explain why.

No doubt KSG is insanely popular in IF n other sites but KSG's 99.99% fans are youngsters n will go to any extent 2 support KSG. moreover they r net savvy, knows abt these sites, comes out more strongly, support KSG evn if he is wrong

Sushant on other hand does a show which is for mass level n atleast 50% or evn more of his greatest fans r mummys, aunties, grannys.
now u cant expect that ppl of that age will come to IF n vote n scream 4 sushant as well. I bet 85% of loyal pavitra rishta viewers dont evn knw that there is a site called India forums.

Moreover KSG's show(DMG) always maintained a trp of .05-1. i think it;s highest trp was 1.9 or something. but pavitra rishta maintains a trp of 4-6. that says it all. evn if we consider you tube viewers DMG cant reach PR

So i wll say KSG definitely has more devoted fans but sushant has more fans in number in India n outside india.

so plz dont compare them as they have totally 2 different fan base. just my POV.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

CuteCherrytoothbrush13ChirkutZindagisensodynegremlin.nimrahlunzareturn_to_hadesTani91petticoatAreYaar

return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 12:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nafy_GHT

i've watched shows like so u think u can dance n dancing with the star. There is no way jhalak contestants can match up to so u think... standard. but its not evn possible. coz they r professional dancers n reharse 4 what 10-12 hrs a day? it would b absolutely wrong if we want that sort of performances from jhalak stars.

I think Sushant danced reallyyy well. yes there were technical flaws but the overall impact of the performance was mindblowing.

that;s my POV. I respect urs.Smile

Are you saying that Bristol Palin, Florence Henderson, Donny Osmond, Kelly Osbourne are professional dancer? Most DWTS contestants are not dancers and put in effort to learn dance. The only difference is the formats commitment to authenticity. I think JDJ can and ought to make a better commitment to respect dance forms and culture.

I understand that Sushant's performance was really good and entertaining. And from the fusion perspective it deserved to be good. But even from a perspective of someone who thoroughly enjoyed Sushant, a perfect so early is not good. Once on top, the only way possible is be static or fall down. There was definitely scope for improvement and scoring that is honest and beneficial to the contestants keeps the scope for improvement in perspective.

lunza

-Hoor- IF-Sizzlerz
-Hoor-
-Hoor-

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 12:03am | IP Logged
Guys, why bringing KSG over here?. Wasnt this thread about Sushant nd Shampa only?
Im a hard core Ksg-ian nd i do realise that people here have problem with him, but lets just stick to JDJ season 4, nd at the moment, to Sushant nd Shampa, nd better not drag other ex-contestants here.

Thats just my POV bcoz it feels bad when ur favourite is being bashed even when he/she is not responsible for anything. Smile

Edited by -Hoor- - 24 December 2010 at 12:04am

lunza

return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 12:07am | IP Logged

@bold: Exactly.......KSG ji is in a league of his own.....you put it in very polite terms, I can use more choice phrases but will refrain from doing so....or I might get a reminder PM again?LOL

No, I don't think the other soap stars can be grouped under the same category as KSG....they may have been the most popular in their respective seasons....but what KSG did to JDJ....well what he's done to IF in general really can't be compared with any other soap star's fan following....it has changed the face of IF forever....definitely NOT in a good way....

So I really personally don't see the need to compare Sushant to KSG in any form....that is all I'm saying. Please use any other example....EXCEPT KSG....really why taint the atmosphere of this forum by bringing his name in?LOL....has anything good ever come out of KSG being mentioned anywhere? The BB forum is another great example of this.

There is no harm in being polite. I honestly, have nothing against KSG or his fans. I cannot complain much - I worship Lady Gaga and everyone gives me a hard time about it. But I've never been hurt when people call her a freak show or talentless fake. Sometimes, I feel I am a terrible fan because I don't feel that intimate connection.

The lesson to be learned is that if you live by a bee hive, you don't paint your walls with honey. Some people paint themselves in honey and dance under the hive - and then tell God that he needs to fix the nature of bees.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ChirkutZindagilunza

secret_GHT IF-Dazzler
secret_GHT
secret_GHT

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 12:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by nafy_GHT

i've watched shows like so u think u can dance n dancing with the star. There is no way jhalak contestants can match up to so u think... standard. but its not evn possible. coz they r professional dancers n reharse 4 what 10-12 hrs a day? it would b absolutely wrong if we want that sort of performances from jhalak stars.

I think Sushant danced reallyyy well. yes there were technical flaws but the overall impact of the performance was mindblowing.

that;s my POV. I respect urs.Smile

Are you saying that Bristol Palin, Florence Henderson, Donny Osmond, Kelly Osbourne are professional dancer? Most DWTS contestants are not dancers and put in effort to learn dance. The only difference is the formats commitment to authenticity. I think JDJ can and ought to make a better commitment to respect dance forms and culture.

I understand that Sushant's performance was really good and entertaining. And from the fusion perspective it deserved to be good. But even from a perspective of someone who thoroughly enjoyed Sushant, a perfect so early is not good. Once on top, the only way possible is be static or fall down. There was definitely scope for improvement and scoring that is honest and beneficial to the contestants keeps the scope for improvement in perspective.

nooo i m not saying that. JDJ is the indian version of DWTS na?? so y will they b professional dancers??

I also agree there was room for perfection but i felt the scoring was fair bcoz their was the best performance of the day. i m pretty much sure JDJ is about entertaining dance not perfect dance.from that perspective 30/30 is well deserved but if u change the basis of scoring (perfection, improvemnet etc) thn may b u r right.

Edited by nafy_GHT - 24 December 2010 at 12:12am

Go to top