Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

Sushant-Shampa's dance score... - Page 9

-Hoor- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Im my opinion, Sushant gave the so far best performance so if Akhil can get 23 for practically doing nothing, then im sure 30 are even very less for Sushant for actually dancing nd giving us a complete performance! 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..Sonii.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Sushant's performance was not of dance or act , but a combination of both, hence balanced the dance performance.

Sushant act was the best amongst all the performance, and as we saw the judjes gave standing owation not once but twice, it was overall effort of Shampa and Sushant, Kudos to them πŸ‘
It was their day coz they made it possible.
Attempting new dance forms must be appreciated and hence Even Ankita was praised for that πŸ‘

We enjoyed Daya's performance last week, and he was applauded.

So I felt Sushant's performance deserved full score!! πŸ‘πŸΌ
lunza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: -Hoor-

Im my opinion, Sushant gave the so far best performance so if Akhil can get 23 for practically doing nothing, then im sure 30 are even very less for Sushant for actually dancing nd giving us a complete performance! 

I watched a bit of akhil's second performance , and ya it was bad ...
I know this is a bit off-topic but I just had to say this - compared to all the other contestants , I think Akhil must be having the hardest time !!! I mean , he is the only one who is not related to the entertainment industry in any way ..... half of them are TV actors , so they have no inhibitions when it comes to performing on stage , expressions will come easily to them , and even if they havent danced before ( for eg. daya .. ) its much easier for them to shed their inhibitions and dance freely ... chang and anushka are singers , chang has done anchoring and also acted .. so both of them are used to the stage too ...

Takes a lot of guts , if you havent done anything like this before .. I applaud him for trying !!

Edited by lunza - 13 years ago
I found Sushant's perfromance worthy of the 30!Coz it had everything possible.Let it be dance,drama,emotions and a STORY!And if I am not wrong,I feel that it was only Sushant's dance which lived up to the THEME of the epi..i.that of a film!It actually looked like a FILM..and horror till the end...Everything was spot on!And even if the judges wouldnt appreciate it much...I would rate it the best myself on my list!πŸ˜›

Re.your suggestion of performing international dance forms in international songs only...Dont you think that would make the competition easy?I mean...when u have a specified song for a specified dance form,it defo becomes easy to perform.Now if u have a classical song,defo it would be more easy to perform a classical dance on it rather than a hip hop,isnt it?But what about variation?What are the choreographers for?They are given such songs so that the judges can see the capability in them to become better choreographers in the future...i feel its perfectly fine to see them dancing western forms on hindi songs...coz that shows the way they THINK...the uniqueness in their dance and their INNOVATION!Which India needs a LOT these days...esp in the Entertainment sector....where day and again...dance moves are copied from one show to otherπŸ˜•

P.S-Would someone bother to expand KSG for me?Who actually si this person?I am really cluelessπŸ˜•πŸ˜•
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -Hoor-

Agreed that the the marks were dished out randomly and  unprofessionally and irrespective of the marks... Sushant didnt show any impressive dance moves which would warrant 30!!!. Shampa was good for sure.. but since this is more about the star.. he was just about ok....
digitalone 33 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: bandicoot

@bold: this is my problem with the performance. apart from a few 1-2-3, i hardly saw salsa. I am no expert but I do possess  some basic knowledge, it was more contemporary than salsa

are they going to be judged if they did Salsa properly  or is entertainment with a sprinkling of salsa the criteria?

on the dance of salsa only as they have selected international dance form then they have to do that properly and the way it is done. the main essence of the style should not be gone in the other things soo my  judging on the dance from only as i m doing best in it soo

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: return_to_hades

Are you saying that Bristol Palin, Florence Henderson, Donny Osmond, Kelly Osbourne are professional dancer? Most DWTS contestants are not dancers and put in effort to learn dance. The only difference is the formats commitment to authenticity. I think JDJ can and ought to make a better commitment to respect dance forms and culture.

I understand that Sushant's performance was really good and entertaining. And from the fusion perspective it deserved to be good. But even from a perspective of someone who thoroughly enjoyed Sushant, a perfect so early is not good. Once on top, the only way possible is be static or fall down. There was definitely scope for improvement and scoring that is honest and beneficial to the contestants keeps the scope for improvement in perspective.

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is the point my topic-post is made for...Bold-underlined...JDJ tries throwing-shoving anything @ viewers in the name of Particular dance form...😳

Lunza my views on dance has no connection relation to the show PR or their characters...If I see true dancing I will be the first one to give kudos to a character I may not like...My likes-dislikes of any character has nothing to do with this...

Even when it came to Choreographers Jai was my fav in DID but u dont see my supporting him or his dance  in blind manner...Actually his posture and dancing is better than some of the others choreos....

Yeh topic kahan se kahan pahoonch gaya πŸ˜†

JDJ should be compared to DWTS and not SYTYCD.... 
Edited by Dabulls23 - 13 years ago
Dabulls23 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: shounak-rijul1

P.S-Would someone bother to expand KSG for me?Who actually si this person?I am really cluelessπŸ˜•πŸ˜•

lunza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I think you misunderstood me πŸ˜”.. didnt mean it that way.. more of a reference to the fact that your views are usually different to the rest , and thats why I could guess the contents of your post before reading it ..
Sorry if I offended you πŸ˜”
Edited by lunza - 13 years ago
Dabulls23 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: lunza

I think you misunderstood me πŸ˜”.. didnt mean it that way.. more of a reference to the fact that your views are usually different to the rest , and thats why I could guess the contents of your post before reading it ..
Sorry if I offended you πŸ˜”

Lunza dear I got you exactly what you were trying to say yaar...You have known me for a while now and I know  you too πŸ˜ƒ   Pls dont say sorry...You did not offend me...Here most members might not know me so I was explaining myself...

Sorry my post indicated otherwise 😳