India-Forums

Comedy gets a MAGICAL turn

Annu. IF-Sizzlerz
Annu.
Annu.

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 7:10am | IP Logged
I hope guys u haven't read this article before if u have already read it pls ignore LOLLOL Shweta tells us why she took this role.

Comedy gets a MAGICAL turn

Gili Gili GappaShweta Gulati and Varun Badola with kids in Gili Gili Gappa.
After a comic detective, SAB adds two magical comedies to its fare.

Touted as the India's family comedy entertainment cha-nnel, SAB TV is all set to launch two new magical comedies, Ring Wrong Riing and Gili Gili Gappa. Both the shows tend to amalgamate comedy with magic plus leading to chaotic situations.

With an array of good TRP- grossing shows already on air, SAB TV plans to extend its time band, says Anooj Kapoor, VP and Business Head, SAB TV, "Our shows already cater to all the members of the family but we wanted to do something special for the kids. Also, with all the support and love which we received over the years, we thought of surprising the viewers by extending our prime-time such that they can spend some more time with SAB".

While Ring Wrong Riing is a story about a hardworking housewife who gets a magical ring from her late magician father-in-law, Gili Gili Gappa showcases a story about a late mother who is sent back to her house by god as a fairy. But both the shows are presented with twist in tales making it look like comedy of errors.

Says the lead of Ring Wrong Riing, Muskaan Mihani, "I play the role of Mansi, the overworked housewife. Seeing the plight of the bahu, my sasurji gifts me a magical ring. It may sound all hunky-dory in terms of the mantra and the wish coming true... but it's not as simple as that. I later learn that the ring has a mind of its own. Whatever I wish for, it comes true but has its own twisted consequen-ces." Actor Rakesh Bedi, who's been popular since the 90's with his comedy shows like Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi and Shriman Shrimati, plays the father-in-law, says that he is extremely pleased to be the part of the show. He further adds that since childhood he's been fascinated by magic so much that he had performed a dangerous trick on himself. Once he had locked himself in a bag to perform a trick and got caught in the act such that, had he not got help, then he might have died of suffocation.

Talking about the show Gili Gili Gappa, veteran actor Varun Badola, who plays the lead role of a father says, "The show portrays a father's relationship with his children who have lost their mother. The story gets a kick when god accepts the prayers of these three children, who on being threatened to be sent to boarding school by their naani, ask for help. God decides to send their mother back to them as a pari (fairy)." But just like Ring Wrong Riing, even Gili Gili Gappa's magical journey has some flaws like Pari having a limited knowledge of magic. This fairy from the heaven is still graduating and has failed in her magic practical exams for three years, consequently, every single magic trick performed by has backfired, landing her in stupid situations.

The role of the fairy is essayed by Shweta Gulati, who has always been a youth icon. Shweta has done glamorous teen roles, be it in her debut series Remix, Dill Mill Gaye or Kyun Hota Hain Pyar, so how did she get ready to wear a sari, play a wife and be mother to kids in Gili Gili Gappa and she quips, "Well I am getting older! And I am glad that I am. I don't want to look old and play young roles. I don't want people to say that she is looking too old to play a college-going girl. Instead, it's better that with this show I may get comments like "Wow! She is such a young-looking mother." It's been a sabbatical of ten months for Shweta. "I need some time to pamper myself, I can't overload myself with work. Hence I preferred doing Gili Gili Gappa which is twice a week and not a daily." Shweta has also hosted various reality shows such as Dekh India Dekh, Comedy Circus, Zara Nach Ke Dikha but doesn't plan to be a contestant on any of the shows as she thinks that reality shows are simply not her cup of tea.

While Ring Wrong Riing that started airing from December 13 will be telecast every Monday to Wednesday, Gili Gili Gappa commenced from December 16 every Thursday and Friday at 7:30 pm.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

KevaFateBeChanged

Keva Goldie
Keva
Keva

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 12:06am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing the article. I love her role in GGG. She is a cute and adorable pari. I wish it was a daily only two days is not enough. I cannot wait for thursday's episode.

Edited by Keva - 23 December 2010 at 12:06am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

FateBeChangedAnnu.

FateBeChanged IF-Rockerz
FateBeChanged
FateBeChanged

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 5:16am | IP Logged
thnx for the article annu...i liked her reason for taking up dis show..makes sense:)....

PS: its funny how dey always mention remix as her debut showLOL...while she did kyun hota hain even before remix:)

Edited by maxliz - 23 December 2010 at 5:18am
Annu. IF-Sizzlerz
Annu.
Annu.

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 10:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by maxliz

thnx for the article annu...i liked her reason for taking up dis show..makes sense:)....

PS: its funny how dey always mention remix as her debut showLOL...while she did kyun hota hain even before remix:)

U are welcome Rach Embarrassed I know the reason make sense .Shweta is too honest yaar she is saying she is getting old but from what i can see i don't find her old at all TongueTongueTongue And i still feel she can any day play college girl and rock on screen EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed But as she told now i can also say wow she is such young looking mother with 3 kids LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

I think the journalist don't do there homework before writing an article abt them LOLLOLLOL yups her debut show is mentioned last .LOL But Remix is Remix Wink A series which will always stay in our heart EmbarrassedEmbarrassed
Rosmin Senior Member
Rosmin
Rosmin

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
thanks for the article
sophiam Senior Member
sophiam
sophiam

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
tfs......................
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index