India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

DD Gujarati or Punjabi??? (Page 3)

sulonian Newbie
sulonian
sulonian

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 9:41am | IP Logged
Sikhs and Punjabis must be having Dhami surname, but Drashti is Gujarati. See her SBS or SBB segment on her family, you'll know. I'm a Gujarati, too. She called her mom's sister Masi. Gujaratis say it that way. Sikhs or Punjabis say Mausi.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LuvScooby

salmankhanrulz Goldie
salmankhanrulz
salmankhanrulz

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 9:44am | IP Logged
to me her name dhrashti sounds gujrati but don't bout dhami......i think we shud ask da sbb or sbs guys to clear dis confusion by dem asking her....but i dnt thnk ol dis really matters....
imagine if she neither gujrati nor punjabiROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL DAT WUD B AN OUCH

SakshiGarg

rashigupta Groupbie
rashigupta
rashigupta

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 9:49am | IP Logged
punjabi

maneet_forever9

SakshiGarg Goldie
SakshiGarg
SakshiGarg

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 9:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jaspreetm2815

Originally posted by SakshiGarg

DD is punjabi 4 sure..... coz dhamis r punjabi...... me too a punjabiBig smile
but i dont knw abt GC??? whether he is punjabi or not??Confused can any1 help plzzzCry

GC is punjabiSmile
Big smile thnx!!!!!Hug

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

maneet_forever9jaspreetm2815

mango Global Moderator
mango
mango

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 11:39am | IP Logged
maybe shes half gujju...half punjabi? LOL
-lovestory- IF-Rockerz
-lovestory-
-lovestory-

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 11:43am | IP Logged
panjab di kudi hai....balle balleDancing

Punjaban10 Newbie
Punjaban10
Punjaban10

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
I think she is Punjabi.
I found this in one of her interview: "The cast and crew of Geet are like one big Punjabi family, and as is typical of any Punjabi who is separated from her family, Drashti missed having her reel family around, "I missed my co-actors - Rajji, Ranu, Brij, Darjee and others and if they could have been over here it would be real fun."
And from wiki: Dhami's mainly come from the Punjab, Jalandhar.

Most of the people with Dhami last name can be found around Hoshiarpur district of Punjab and Himachal Pardesh in India. There are 21 villages in Hoshiarpur that have the same last name.

maneet_forever9 IF-Rockerz
maneet_forever9
maneet_forever9

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
PUNJABI just like me Big smile

here is a star one article this is the link and the article is below also Big smile

http://www.starone.in/news/360/drashtis-rendezvous-with-god.aspx

Drashti's rendezvous with God
STARONE.IN

Television actress Drashti Dhami aka Geet of STAR One's Geet-Hui Sabse Parayi visited the Golden Temple, Amritsar for the very first time.

STARONE.IN

More on Geet -Hui Sabse Parayi Discuss here | Watch full episodes | Official Website

Bubbly Drashti reveals about her experience and more...

"It was wonderful shooting at the Golden Temple. We reached Amritsar at night and then visited the Golden Temple right away. Believe me, it was sparkling like gold with all the lights, which covered the temple and I had never witnessed such a sight in my life time. I felt really blessed to see this."

About her very first visit to Amritsar, and to the holy shrine Golden Temple, she says, "In these years I haven't got a chance to visit this holy shrine of ours though my parents have visited but I think Babaji didn't call me but now through this show I feel very lucky that I got this golden opportunity to visit this place. While at the Golden Temple, I sat at the Langer and overall it was a wonderful experience of visiting this holy shrine and I felt blessed. I am thankful to Babaji who gave me this show thus I visited this holy place," she said.

An excited Drashti also got to see historical landmarks on this shoot, she said, "I visited every historical place like Jalianwala Bagh, Wagah Border and the Golden temple. I saw the bullet marks on the walls of Jalianwala Bagh. That place and the Wagah Border made me very patriotic and I feel very proud of being an Indian. At the same time, I was sad and paid homage to the innocent people who got killed at the Jalianwala Bagh."

The cast and crew of Geet are like one big Punjabi family, and as is typical of any Punjabi who is separated from her family, Drashti missed having her reel family around, "I missed my co-actors - Rajji, Ranu, Brij, Darjee and others and if they could have been over here it would be real fun."

And the shopaholic that she claims to be, Drashti did pack in some time for some window shopping at the bazaar with the members of the crew. "Then my other crew members of the show and I went to Amritsar market to do window shopping and I bought wadis (made of moong dal) which are specially made to be added in Punjabi sabzi. But one thing which I won't forget is that the temperature was high - 46 degrees and in that, due to over eating (as I ate Amritsari dal then kulche) I got food poisoning and then on the sets itself a doctor was called and then he gave me medicines but yet I was shooting in the scorching heat," she adds.

Drashti's popularity has given new heights to the show as everyone is watching Geet's life. We took out some interesting comments from channels website:

Chanuv said, "Looking forward to this new track, wish you all the very best. You went through enough pain, you deserve love and to be loved. Hope you and Maan will get to know each the very soon. God Bless you both." To this she replied, - "Oh thanks for all the support... Chanuv!"

Geet's popularity has reached Nepal as one of her fan from there, Sindhiya Sharma said, "Hi Geet! I'm Sindhiya Sharma from Nepal. I like you very much. I have great expectations from your unborn child. Be well and do well! Thank You!"

To this an elated Drashti replied, "Hi Sindhiya, I am happy that my show is being appreciated and you all are supporting Geet, thank you so much."

"Best of luck! Geet tum zindagi ki is ladayi mein jarur jeetogi" said Navkiran Kaur

"Thanks Navkiran..." she replied.

According to the current track, Naintara sends a message to Geet as Dev and asks her to meet in Amritsar. Brij and his men follow Gurvinder to kill him. Geet meets Maan and tells him that she will come with him to Amritsar. Naintara leaves for India. Rajji hides Gurvinder in her house.

So watch Geet and Maan at Golden Temple every Monday to Friday at 9.30 pm only on STAR One

Edited by maneet_forever9 - 22 December 2010 at 12:23pm

kumari3jaspreetm2815

Go to top