GEC stakes: Zee at number 4 and Sony at 3 - Page 2

Posted: 13 years ago

Sony Entertainment Television continues at the third spot. It has 215 GRPs for the week, as compared to 200 GRPs in Week 50.

While STAR Plus continues to lead the Hindi GEC flock, it has lost 16 GRPs for the week ended December 18 (TAM data for C&S 4+, HSM). The channel has 346 GRPs in Week 51, while its relative share has slipped from 26.1 per cent to 25 per cent in this period.

Viacom18's channel, Colors, continues to be at No. 2. It has 265 GRPs in Week 51, which is 8 GRPs less than its score in the previous week. Its relative share has also dropped from 20 per cent to 19 per cent.

Meanwhile, Sony Entertainment Television still continues to be at the third spot. It has 215 GRPs for the week, as compared to 200 GRPs in Week 50; its relative share has moved up to 16 per cent from 14 per cent.

Zee TV, at No. 4, has lost seven points to stand at 192 GRPs in Week 51, while its relative share remains constant at 14 per cent.

Zee TV is followed by Sony's sibling, SAB, with 145 GRPs. The channel was at 137 GRPs in the previous week. Its relative share has also increased from 9.8 per cent to 11 per cent in this period.

Imagine TV is at No. 6 with 89 GRPs. Its relative share has seen an upswing from 5.8 per cent in the previous week to 7 per cent in Week 51.

STAR One and Sahara One have garnered relative shares of 3 per cent and 2 per cent, respectively; while STAR Utsav has garnered 2 per cent share.

DD1, with 17 GRPs in its pocket, holds a relative share of 1 per cent in Week 51.

The list of 10 most watched programmes is led by Saathiya Saath Nibhana on STAR Plus, which has a TVR of 6.14. Sasural Genda Phool (5.99 TVR) is at No. 2, followed by Sony's Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa-4 (with 5.56 TVR).

The other shows in the Top 10 list are Na Aana Is Des Laado (5.4 TVR), Pavitra Rishta (5.15 TVR), Pratigya (4.8 TVR), Bigg Boss (4.42 TVR), Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai (4.2 TVR), Uttaran (4.19 TVR) and Tere Liye (4.14 TVR).

Tags: STAR Plus, Colors, Sony, SAB TV, Zee TV, STAR One, Imagine TV, Sahara One

πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†
Originally posted by chalhov

GEC ratings: Sony pips Zee to be at #3

By Campaign India Team on Dec 15, 2010
filed under Media, India

Sony went 23 GRPs ahead of Zee in Week 51 (TAM, HSM, CS4+) to deliver 215 GRPs. Zee was at 192 GRPs.

Colors remained behind STAR Plus with 265 GRPs to STAR Plus' 346 GRPs.

SAB rose to 145 GRPs while Imagine was steady at 89. 

πŸ˜† OMG what a groove Zee is in not even 6 months what a fall looks like even ZRA did not work out or will it reflect next week Misti ur last weeks comment is so correct TVRs will give the correct picture

http://www.campaignindia.in/Article/241816,gec-ratings-sony-pips-zee-to-be-at-3.aspx

Last week for comparisaion

In a lacklustre week, Sony, with 200 GRPs (TAM, Week 50, HSM, CS4+) nosed past Zee TV, which delivered 199 GRPs. 

STAR Plus stayed firmly on course, delivering 362 GRPs. Colors was at 273 GRPs. 

SAB TV improved to 137 GRPs, up from 120 in Week 49, while Imagine was steady at 86 GRPs.

Thanks Chalhov πŸ˜† πŸ˜†..........I now want SAB TV to beat Zee. I have started watching SAB in India and I am liking their shows.πŸ˜‰.  All the other channels excepting for zee are taking all precautions to make their show tick with audience and Zee is busy angering the audience and driving them away by continuously  lieing. Well jaisi karni waisi bhari.πŸ˜ƒ I have been following the SP shows and there is a reason why this channel is ruling the roost and it lies in a strong screenplay for its shows. They also do not usually ping pong with the characters. 
πŸ‘πŸ˜†
Originally posted by radhika5

Thanks for the article
In the world of Zee's reverse Logic....

https://www.smallbiztrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/andertoons-sales.jpg

πŸ˜†  What a cartoon........πŸ‘.......Perrrrrrrrfect!

Thanks for the articles, Chalhov and Madhu. 

Wow! The numbers seems so beautiful to me. Good that Sony has picked up nicely. I am sure, that ZEE's cheap tactics are sure to ward off more audiences. 

Agree with Misti, the shows in SAB TV are far more fun to watch than ZEE's. Atleast the shows are sensible and tickle your funny bone. SAB deserves to go ahead of ZEE, because the shows are nice.

And, Gosh........The TVR's for SGP, has rose to 5.99?? πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† and is second in the race just behind the leader Saathiya!! πŸ˜ƒ Thats good.....! All CB audiences have easily shifted their eyes to SGP, forgetting AJMBK! Well ZEE deserved that!😑

Hehe..........Radhika5, an apt cartoon to describe ZEE's condition. Reverse Logic πŸ˜†

Originally posted by misti73

πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†

Thanks Chalhov πŸ˜† πŸ˜†..........I now want SAB TV to beat Zee. I have started watching SAB in India and I am liking their shows.πŸ˜‰.  All the other channels excepting for zee are taking all precautions to make their show tick with audience and Zee is busy angering the audience and driving them away by continuously  lieing. Well jaisi karni waisi bhari.πŸ˜ƒ I have been following the SP shows and there is a reason why this channel is ruling the roost and it lies in a strong screenplay for its shows. They also do not usually ping pong with the characters. 

Wow Misti and Sia finally hearing some appreciation for SABπŸ˜ƒ...i m fan of this channel SAB....Whnever time permits i spend it watching SAB comedies and trust me they are good, one wont even get ant headache watching themπŸ˜‰...really hope it pips Zee this time. and by this rate it will surely do one day..hope it happens soon before CB2 starts and then after that i want CB2 to rescue Zee out from drains..ahh kya sitaution hogi..what say....πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by chipak

Wow Misti and Sia finally hearing some appreciation for SABπŸ˜ƒ...i m fan of this channel SAB....Whnever time permits i spend it watching SAB comedies and trust me they are good, one wont even get ant headache watching themπŸ˜‰...really hope it pips Zee this time. and by this rate it will surely do one day..hope it happens soon before CB2 starts and then after that i want CB2 to rescue Zee out from drains..ahh kya sitaution hogi..what say....πŸ˜ƒ

I like your plan for ZEE.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Recently was flipping trough the channels and came across this add on Zee advertising for child artist for some new show on Zee.πŸ˜‰..........Looks like this is Zees new idea. πŸ˜‰

Edited by misti73 - 13 years ago