They simmer in ways I cannot explain
For that which I cannot claim
I seek not the quenching of the flesh
I seek the soul that was destined to mesh
My vision blurs and from the corners of my eyes
A shadow passes he's in disguise
Life has chosen to withhold those ties
It will come I only have to wait
Patience; then I will surrender to my fate.

She has watched on as relationships broke. She fears yet another loss. She fears being instrumental in causing pain to the only person who stood by her, who taught her to live and ultimately became her life. She is finally ready to accept her fate, ready to watch on as another relationship breaks. "Aur Yeh Rishthe Ko Bhi Tutthe hue dekhoongi.", says she.

He has been asking her what the matter was, why she was so upset. He wanted to be given a chance to wipe her tears, break her fears and bring back her smile. Instead, he heard these words uttered from her mouth and, he felt like a wounded lion because he was under the impression that she was referring to their own relationship owing to the fact that she has asked him to leave her alone, has been avoiding him, and has been refusing to share her fears and concerns with him.

As she uttered these hurting words and started to leave, he stopped her and started a dance full of passion and pain. Each movement was meant to remind what he means to her and more importantly, what she means to him. He invoked her passion for him, reminded her that he is always there to hold her when she falls, and swayed her to the tune of his love.

Even as the passion is getting invoked in her, she is still burning with the anticipated pain of  her beloved when he watches yet another relationship with his family breaking away. She is still blinded by the fear of seeing him cut off from his entire family the way she herself got cut off from her own family. The pain is still raw in her and she gently pushed away his hands and started to move away from him. His eyes at this were full of painful questions that remained unanswered. What happened that makes her walk away from him? What can he do to take her back in his arms and make her feel at peace? His eyes seem to say - How can I ever keep you safe from any hurt, my precious?

The moment she walks away she realizes what she has done. She realizes how her walking away can hurt him more than the hurt from which she is trying to shield him. She runs back to him to give him the assurance that it is not him that she is walking away from.

His eyes still hold the same unanswered questions. They express so well what the lyrics of the song behind depict:

Judd ke bhi tu mujhse juda sa
Milke bhi tu kyu hai khafaa sa
Aaja meri baaho me aaja re

She finally finds solace in his embrace. He lifts her up in his arms, makes her feel secure by seating her on his lap and then gently reminds her of her former words of wisdom uttered during a more happier time. She then realizes his dilemma and clears his doubts by telling him that it is not their relationship she was referring to. She is not able to share anything else beyond this and runs away as the pain becomes unendurable for her. He, being the smart fellow that he is, goes on to find out what is bothering her by reflecting on and putting together bygone moments of observation and conversation.

Today's dance is full of passion and pain, depicting a oneness amongst a range of emotions. It stands out on its own and reminds us of the splendor of the Kurba Hua days. Where as Kurba Hua was a dance of anger and infatuation, today's Mahi Mahi dance is a dance of pain and passion. I hope you  have all enjoyed it as much as I did. Thanks for taking the time to go through my post.Edited by sksg - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Nargis-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
Wow Sri...excellent write up as usual.    I too agree that Kurbaan hua had its own charm......a fantastic display of ATTRACTION and unspoken CURRENT between the two....where as Maahi Maahi was an exemplary display of DESIRE, WANT, PAIN, and even DESPERATION.  I too Love both Dance sequences.....each for its own merit!!
Edited by --Nargis-- - 13 years ago
AnjuMaanManiac thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Beautifully executed! Well written analysis 😃
The dance is quite significant in Maaneet's relationship....so passionate...no words are required and yet so meaningful .....

~ Anju ⭐️
--Nargis-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: anju7777

Beautifully executed! Well written analysis 😃
The dance is quite significant in Maaneet's relationship....so passionate...no words are required and yet so meaningful .....

~ Anju ⭐️

Anju.....you are so right...Maaneet never need words................yet they say it all to each other and to us!!😉
evasumi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Wonderfully explained..  yes totally agree with you with the dance of passion and pain..  you explored it very nicely each side of the dance..  loved it..

Yes I think it is this dance was flooded with raw emotions..  He wanted to tell her that she belonged to him and she is his... She wanted to be in his arms but her nearness may inflict more pain to her beloved.

He wanted to take away the  pain and wipe away her tears and she wanted to protect him from the hurt...  For her he was her life and she wanted to cling to him to be with him forever but was afraid of causing some more pain to one she loved the most. 

The emotions of passion and pain was beautifully portrayed by Gurmeet and Drashti..  with each stroke and each body movement... Such a sensual dance but with such a raw emotions..  Just too beautiful for words...  They are such a talented and fantastic actors..  they can express with their eyes and with their facial expressions..
Edited by evasumi - 13 years ago
goldenball thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
very well explained. Thanks
mysterygurl1427 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Sri yaar.... u write sooooooooooooooo well...and brilliantly!!! Yes today's sequence was amazing....and just like KH this sequence left a huge impact on many of us!! This sequence definitely is a memorable one.....i will never ever forget it like KH....

brilliant take!!!! love it love it!!! You write very well.....nicly written and expressed!!!
naamteeg thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow! sksg you have so beautifully and clearly expressed what the CVS wanted to express in todays episode. 👏

Too bad the director and the editors can never do as much justice in the limited 20 min air time that they are confined to. 

Silentsoul thumbnail
Originally posted by: sksg

The passion and the pain
They simmer in ways I cannot explain
For that which I cannot claim
I seek not the quenching of the flesh
I seek the soul that was destined to mesh
My vision blurs and from the corners of my eyes
A shadow passes he's in disguise
Life has chosen to withhold those ties
It will come I only have to wait
Patience; then I will surrender to my fate.

She has watched on as relationships broke. She fears yet another loss. She fears being instrumental in causing pain to the only person who stood by her, who taught her to live and ultimately became her life. She is finally ready to accept her fate, ready to watch on as another relationship breaks. "Aur Yeh Rishthe Ko Bhi Tutthe hue dekhoongi.", says she.

He has been asking her what the matter was, why she was so upset. He wanted to be given a chance to wipe her tears, break her fears and bring back her smile. Instead, he heard these words uttered from her mouth and, he felt like a wounded lion because he was under the impression that she was referring to their own relationship owing to the fact that she has asked him to leave her alone, has been avoiding him, and has been refusing to share her fears and concerns with him.

As she uttered these hurting words and started to leave, he stopped her and started a dance full of passion and pain. Each movement was meant to remind what he means to her and more importantly, what she means to him. He invoked her passion for him, reminded her that he is always there to hold her when she falls, and swayed her to the tune of his love.

Even as the passion is getting invoked in her, she is still burning with the anticipated pain of  her beloved when he watches yet another relationship with his family breaking away. She is still blinded by the fear of seeing him cut off from his entire family the way she herself got cut off from her own family. The pain is still raw in her and she gently pushed away his hands and started to move away from him. His eyes at this were full of painful questions that remained unanswered. What happened that makes her walk away from him? What can he do to take her back in his arms and make her feel at peace? His eyes seem to say - How can I ever keep you safe from any hurt, my precious?

The moment she walks away she realizes what she has done. She realizes how her walking away can hurt him more than the hurt from which she is trying to shield him. She runs back to him to give him the assurance that it is not him that she is walking away from.  loved it that was one of best....

His eyes still hold the same unanswered questions. They express so well what the lyrics of the song behind depict:

Judd ke bhi tu mujhse juda sa
Milke bhi tu kyu hai khafaa sa
Aaja meri baaho me aaja re

She finally finds solace in his embrace. He lifts her up in his arms, makes her feel secure by seating her on his lap and then gently reminds her of her former words of wisdom uttered during a more happier time. She then realizes his dilemma and clears his doubts by telling him that it is not their relationship she was referring to. She is not able to share anything else beyond this and runs away as the pain becomes unendurable for her. He, being the smart fellow that he is, goes on to find out what is bothering her by reflecting on and putting together bygone moments of observation and conversation.

Today's dance is full of passion and pain, depicting a oneness amongst a range of emotions. It stands out on its own and reminds us of the splendor of the Kurba Hua days. Where as Kurba Hua was a dance of anger and infatuation, today's Mahi Mahi dance is a dance of pain and passion. I hope you  have all enjoyed it as much as I did. Thanks for taking the time to go through my post.

Was waitinf for your post Sri......It was dance of pain and passion.....wheeras KH was dance of anger and infatuation......you nailed it right....not comparable.....I felt this dance was so painful.....Hopefully he will do something to mend the relaitonship of Geet with....ANi
sksg thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: --Nargis--

Wow Sri...excellent write up as usual.    I too agree that Kurbaan hua had its own charm......a fantastic display of ATTRACTION and unspoken CURRENT between the two....where as Maahi Maahi was an exemplary display of DESIRE, WANT, PAIN, and even DESPERATION.  I too Love both Dance sequences.....each for its own merit!!

Wow!👏  You put it so beautifully.