India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

*ducks from oncoming pots and pans*

kdg129 Senior Member
kdg129
kdg129

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 5:53pm | IP Logged
ok, so before i get hit on the head with...er...some sort of a weapon, i'll say this: I'M NOT BASHING OR ANYTHING.

heck, i'm not against the current stuff in Geet. i adored the dance, it was beautiful! EmbarrassedDay Dreaming

BUT. as a person who reads a bazillion stories and watches a gazillion dramas, i like seeing characters...well, in character.Pinch (*points to self* yes, me picky-picky)

AND both GC and DD did a FANTABULOUS job staying in character (and so much more) w/ their acting and expressions...and...oh, do i really need to say it?

the thing that was irking me was...*drumroll*...the SAREE.

now, now, don't get me wrong. i love the saree, too, it's exquisite, and elegant, and all that. BUT. Geet's character wouldn't really be...normal...with a dress like that, aight? (i've clearly been watching the older episodes). so i'm not saying that they SHOULDN'T have had her wear the sari.
they SHOULD. but ya know, a little scene where she feels uncomfy and she goes "Hai, Babaji, yeh kaise kapde hain!" would be appropriate. then Maan or Dadi can be like, "aaj kal yehi chalta hai. aur vaise bhi, shaadi karne wali ladki ko kya sharam?" LOL
THEN they can do the "ooh-la-la" dancing (sarabhai vs. sarabhai reference LOL )

ok, i know, i'm being a fuss. but a little fidgety scene at least? no?

so, guys, just know, i ain't bashin', i'm just...well, idk what i'm doing, i just had to put it out there. and i'm sure most of u already know it, and were too caught up by...other...*cough*...things...going on in the show Tongue but like i said, i'm a fuss!

plus, the situation w/ Annie was probably worrisome enough for Geet not to realize such things, i suppose.

have i gone wrong in my perception of Geet's character? Ermm just lemme know, cuz i pride myself in being good with the arts. ya know, character psych and whatnotLOL. constructive criticism is always welcome! Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

naamteeg

naamteeg Senior Member
naamteeg
naamteeg

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 6:13pm | IP Logged
Yup you are right.  They should have had Geet's character showing a little discomfort wearing a backless blouse. 

The CVs had a chance to show some cute scene's where we see Geet slowly getting accustomed to the modern city attire. Too bad they(CVs) missed the boat there. I guess they must be swamped with all that script writing for 6 days a week episodes. I guess we need to go easy on themSmile

kdg129

kdg129 Senior Member
kdg129
kdg129

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 6:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by naamteeg

Yup you are right.  They should have had Geet's character showing a little discomfort wearing a backless blouse. 

The CVs had a chance to show some cute scene's where we see Geet slowly getting accustomed to the modern city attire. Too bad they(CVs) missed the boat there. I guess they must be swamped with all that script writing for 6 days a week episodes. I guess we need to go easy on themSmile

exactly! i always feel that the CVs often refuse to pursue some aspects of the story which have a lot of potential. but then again, they've got to move on with the plot. and yes, this 6 days a week thing must surely have bogged 'em down.
i just hope that if the CVs are reading this, i wanna let them know that if they are following some of the audience's demands, then they shouldn't completely alter the characters to appease the viewers. and if they want to alter 'em, they should show a gradual change being brought, not a sudden bout of boldness. but of course, showing gradual changes would be au contraire to the ensuing plot. therefore, it's easy to just...not change the character!
but i did notice something. because we know Geet's character, when she wears such a sari, i feel like she's exposing A LOT. but when i saw some other songs or whatever with other actresses wearing similar (or more exposing) dresses they didn't strike me as much as Geet's did. huh. characterization is a crazy thing, aight?
and CVs, i'm sorry. it's a sad fact that no matter what they do, they won't be able to appease everyone, and i'm not helping w/ my complaints. Cry sowwy.

naamteeg

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 6:58pm | IP Logged
Before I say anything else..

I LOVED that saree..probably more than anyone else. Crazy I know! But that blouse was hot and very sexy!blushing
But I guess I do agree with you. I was expecting her to show a bit of discomfort at least but I think that emotion was lost due to all her mixed emotions of confusion and pain. She was so lost in her own world that nothing else really mattered. 

Don't worry..no-one will bash you! :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zainah320kdg129

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index