Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

SPEAK UP, Mishal! For your own sake. (Page 3)

ImmaculateDream IF-Sizzlerz
ImmaculateDream
ImmaculateDream

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 8:58am | IP Logged
Just came here to inform U all.. that Mishal will Soon Speak to his FANs. and will make a Public declaration VERY Soon.. 

He is Not going anywhere and yesterday he came to OUr forum .. read all REplies.. :-) he got very emotional and was touched by the Responses .. Smile 

and also .. He conveyed a BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGG HUG to all of YOU! .. 

Smile 

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

shan2430GooddLaTuLadesigrl414Crystal29-Roopa-gp00triasha--khushi--Sanely_InsaneMrsKhan

triasha IF-Rockerz
triasha
triasha

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 9:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SAraW

Just came here to inform U all.. that Mishal will Soon Speak to his FANs. and will make a Public declaration VERY Soon.. 

He is Not going anywhere and yesterday he came to OUr forum .. read all REplies.. :-) he got very emotional and was touched by the Responses .. Smile 

Smile 
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh SARA....................luv u for this........................yipeeeeeeeeeeee we luv himmmmmmmmmm.................and waiting for his declaration.......................and ya TAKING HIS BIGGGGGGGGGGG HUG.................AND giving him back....................THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS A TONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN Heart

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

gp00--khushi--ImmaculateDream

Goodd Senior Member
Goodd
Goodd

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 9:14am | IP Logged

Hey saraw thnxs so much. But how do you collect this news ya? Very happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eat one chocolate from my side

gp00 IF-Dazzler
gp00
gp00

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 9:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by make-believe

Originally posted by gp00

You have to keep in mind that when SBS/SBB cameras show up on set, it's hardly a surprise.  Everyone in the cast is expecting them and they know to be on their best behavior.  It's a reflection on the show.  Has any SBS segment shown NEGATIVE or UNHEALTHY relationships between cast members?  I don't think so.  This is going on national TV.  So I myself tend not to believe everything I see on these "entertainment" shows...it's all fluff and spin.

Today's SBS and SBB showed a quick flash of this news, and hundreds or maybe even thousands of people saw it. Now each of them isn't going to log on to TC and check out the clarifications, so whatever little damage there could have been to MR's image and the show's well-being in production among the masses has been done. Strictly from a business and PR point-of-view, the only way to counter this is to show positive footage on the show and the actor, even if it is planned and put up. Does the question of authenticity really matter right now when the whole point is to rectify the image of the show and actor in question against false allegations? And even if you choose not to believe in these shows and interviews for whatever reasons you may have, you do have to understand their influence on the mindset and enjoyment pertaining to specific shows among the general audience. 

And one thing is for sure, if the actors and set people among themselves are cordial enough to put up a 'mutual act' when the cameras show up, then it means that they are cordial and smart enough to co-exist peacefully too. Any two actors who cannot stand being in each other's company after the director calls cut will probably not show up together doing mock interviews on SBS either, such as Neha Bamb and Iqbal Khan back in the day. Yes, individual belief in these shows is subjective, but their influence and reach cannot be undermined. And as always, people do have their own judgement to understand the degrees to which anything shown on TV is real or not, so unlike many of the opinions I've read on the forum, I'd like to give the audience the credit that they do have the ability to distinguish between scripted and unscripted and aren't complete gullible fools.
Hi!  Just had the chance to read your reply.

I do understand what you are saying, and there is some truth to it.  But one thing for sure:  VIEWERS are, for the most part, gullible, just as we are when it comes to celebrities.  Do we really think we know the full Mishal or Mahi?  There is probably a whole lot that lies beneath the surface--good and otherwise.  And there are many dynamics--relationship wise--that is not going to appear on SBS or SBB. 

I honestly don't know how viewers approach SBS/SBB, whether they believe everything they see.  But I will tell you that this article is NOT the first on Mishal's "attitude" and the more such similar stories appear out there and on enough different papers, websites, etc., people will begin to wonder about the disconnect between what they see on SBS/SBB (which is a goody-goody show) and what they read.  What is true?

You may very well be right but I disagree with you on your statement that :

" if the actors and set people among themselves are cordial enough to put up a 'mutual act' when the cameras show up, then it means that they are cordial and smart enough to co-exist peacefully too."

I don't believe that at all.  I think they are absolutely capable of putting up an act when the cameras show up.  It's when the cameras are off, where you occasionally see the tension, or the anger, or the frustration.  It's normal.  I think that they can work well together during filming, while still being frustrated with each other.  The actors know which side their "bread is buttered" -- that is, they know their paychecks and careers ride on not only what happens on the set but also what is reported in the media.

gp00 IF-Dazzler
gp00
gp00

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 10:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SAraW

Smile 
Wow, HE visited our little forum!  Too bad it's under such unhappy circumstances, with these rumors coming out.

Either way, I am thrilled he is going to speak up for himself.  Hopefully, he will be upfront, simple, and honest. 

I feel very strongly that he needed to do this for a couple of reasons:

First, this is NOT the first time these stories have come out about his supposed "fits" on sets.  The more these stories keep reappearing, there will be some, even minor, damage is to his reputation in the industry.

Secondly, as a person, I've never believed in sitting down and taking people's punches and waiting for someone else to vouch or defend me.  It's passive and it's not me.  And also, many times, people, particularly in a professional setting, will not go out on a limb for you. Case in point, has Mahhi or any of the co-stars gone on record vehementally denying this stuff?  Vinay conveniently said I've been filming separately from Mishal, but I don't think he's like that.  Come on, Vinay, MAN UP already!  You've been working with Mishal for over 8 months, and that's all you have to say?  As you know, Mahhi has every new outlet on speed dial, she could easily have called her sources to defend Mishal.  Perhaps, she wanted to shake her thing while setting the record straight, and the outlets said no. Or perhaps, she wanted  the cameras to record her statement, and the outlets just wanted a statement over the phone.

I'm glad Mishal is talking mainly because of self-respect.  If you prize your honesty and the kind of person you are, then you don't let people put out false accusations and mutilate your qualities.  You don't sit there quiety, twiddling your thumbs, while waiting for people to "say something".  Noone wants to hear anything from these OTHER people anyway--they want to hear from Mishal directly.

Mishal,  you made a VERY GOOD DECISION.ClapClapClap  Go kick some Censored, nicely, of course.

Edited by gp00 - 22 December 2010 at 10:04am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sanely_Insane

rama_2010 IF-Dazzler
rama_2010
rama_2010

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 10:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gp00

[QUOTE=SAraW]Just came here to inform U all.. that Mishal will Soon Speak to his FANs. and will make a Public declaration VERY Soon.. 

Smile 

Either way, I am thrilled he is going to speak up for himself.  Hopefully, he will be upfront, simple, and honest. 
 Mishal,  you made a VERY GOOD DECISION.ClapClapClap 
@ parul Bold.....  
@ saraw.. thanks for the info..... Hugs to u too Mishal.....Hug 

Gooddgp00--khushi--

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 10:25am | IP Logged
@GP: I disagree...keeping quiet isnt passive. Letting the heat of the moment pass is good judgement. Also forget Vinay but the PH had the director defend him and the man did a good job of it. His words carry weight.
Now ofcourse MR can speak up...politely ofcourse. If he had spoken before someone else spoke up on his behalf it wouldnt have been effective and would have got a cynical comment from the reporter. After this ofcourse its one's own wish whom one wants to believe...MR or the 'sources'.

sub_rosarama_2010kabeeraspeaking

gp00 IF-Dazzler
gp00
gp00

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 10:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kshreya2002

@GP: I disagree...keeping quiet isnt passive. Letting the heat of the moment pass is good judgement. Also forget Vinay but the PH had the director defend him and the man did a good job of it. His words carry weight.
Now ofcourse MR can speak up...politely ofcourse. If he had spoken before someone else spoke up on his behalf it wouldnt have been effective and would have got a cynical comment from the reporter. After this ofcourse its one's own wish whom one wants to believe...MR or the 'sources'.
Hey Shreya,

In the entertainment business, staying quiet can become a liability.  Enough people stay quiet--for example Akshay Kumar on his extracurricular activitiesWink, but when it comes to professional matters like behavior on set, etc. and when such reports have come out multiple times, it is passive to just wait for them to go away.  The reason is that these reports will come back, and at some point they will stick.

I agree with you about the director's input...I'm glad someone said something.  But, as a consumer and viewer, what else would you expect the director or someone helming the show to say?  Yes, there is a problem?  Never. The only time people are honest about problems in media is right before some blockbuster story or before they are arrested.  LOL 

Interesting point about one's wish about whom one wants to believe---agree.  But with careful crafting, like Amitabh Bachchan, and the goodwill accrued and some forthrightness, I give the actor / Mishal the win.  Hopefully, by him talking, he will be able to put some of these stories to rest.  His staying quiet in the past has done nothing for him.

Edited by gp00 - 22 December 2010 at 10:39am

Go to top