She (Anushka) and I are very good friends--Ranveer

Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

I and Anushka are good friends--Ranveer

by padmapreetham - December 21, 2010 - 0 comments ShareThis

The 'Band Baaja Baaraat' star Ranveer is thanking the stars for making him a successful actor and making his dream come true.

The actor, who shared a crackling chemistry with his co-star Anushka Sharma in the romantic sequences in the film, says that they are only good friends and denies the rumors surrounding them.

In a recent interview, when asked about his co-star Anushka Sharma, Ranveer stated, "She and I are very good friends. How can I change that truth just because it sounds clichd?

"Neither of us is bothered with what people say."

After having delighted the audience with their sizzling chemistry in this romantic comedy film, Ranveer rubbished all the rumors about them and stated that his main focus was to perform well and his co-star was quite supportive while working in the film.

"I was too much into my work to even think about those rumours. I just wanted to perform well.

"That was my only concern. I've never been in a serious relationship so far. And now my career has just started," said Ranveer.

Ranveer is happy for not changing his name
It's learnt that the actor was earlier not happy with his name since his name sounds similar to the youngest Kapoor scion Ranbir, and Ranveer was planning to change his name.

However, now the actor is content that he didn't change his name in an impulse since destiny has made him to retain it after making a mark in the industry in his first film.

"I am glad I didn't. This is my name. This is my destiny. I'm just so happy," said the Bitoo Sharma of 'Band Baaja Baaraat'.

Ranveer not interested to do a romcom

Having shown his acting skills in the romcom 'Band Baaja Baaraat', Ranveer is quite clear that his second film shouldn't be in the same genre and he wants to expand his learning curve to different genre of films.

"I can't be continuing to do the same thing film after film. Now is the time to show that I can do something different as well.

As an actor I have to be versatile and I am sure that with my next film, audience will see a different aspect of my act," said Ranveer.

Let's hope he doesn't be too choosy in his future projects by choosing different genre of film other than romcoms.

http://www.totalfilmy.com/feature/20101221/i_and_anushka_are_good_friendsranveer-31822.html

Edited by Zareena - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anushka has already stated how much great friends they are....she already said how much she felt uncomfortable working with him...but as the rule of bolywood goes.....one has to be good friends....
Zareena thumbnail
Anushka never mentioned about being uncomfortable. She went out dinners with him during the shoot. Since now they don't shoot she doesn't hang out with him. Their chemistry shows during the interviews.
^^
she gives interviews with him becoz she is proffesional and its her job.....
Zareena thumbnail
^but why would she have dinners with him (i wouldn't if i'm uncomfortable with the person) after the shooting and follow him on twitter? I think they were very comfortable during their interviews and the wedding collection launch.
They seem to be two people who get along really well

Maybe Anushka felt uncomfortable shooting with him because she thought of him as Ranveer instead of who he played in BBB while shooting with him? I dunno, I'm just figuring out her "uncomfortable" statement๐Ÿ˜†
Zareena thumbnail

Originally posted by: koolchick

They seem to be two people who get along really well

Maybe Anushka felt uncomfortable shooting with him because she thought of him as Ranveer instead of who he played in BBB while shooting with him? I dunno, I'm just figuring out her "uncomfortable" statement๐Ÿ˜†

i don't remember her saying uncomfortable. Probably she said in the first meeting but they do get along. Anushka says we do get along. What i love about anushka is she's doesn't butter any actor. During Rab ne release when asked if she was a Srk fan or other actor, her reply was no. She admire Srk. I would love to see srk and anushka together soon but i never heard or read any srk comment on anushka.
Zareena thumbnail

haha, i just re-read the article and fixed

Originally posted by: Zareena

haha, i just re-read the article and fixed

Don't mind me.. I am bored..๐Ÿ˜†.. got nothing better to doo..๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
Zareena thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meena1

Don't mind me.. I am bored..๐Ÿ˜†.. got nothing better to doo..๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

haha no it's fine..even i was thinking why such title?? And ranveer is educated person too.