Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Quick Take for December 22, 2010 - Wednesday

After a while I have the desire to do a nice detailed analysis on this episode but real life calls for another 10 days or so as I am still on vacation. I hope one of you does do one. 

Devyani - Priya

As setup in the closing scenes of yesterday's episode, Priya shares her story with Devyani who accepts it and hugs her as Priya's tears finally fall freely! I loved the screenplay for this conversation...not perfect but worth the price of my channel subscription and more 👍🏼. The writers kept it simple and without any unnecessary drama or fuss. Well done!

Uttara - Babuji and Uttara - Aditya

I liked both these sequences...nice work! 

Ahh...a one-on-one interaction between Babuji & Uttara. I wish I could see more serious conversation between these two...two fabulous characters and phenomenal actors...would be on-screen magic!

Vidya & her Family

Seeing Jaagi turn from the party without Gaurav, Vidya's grandmother gives her a hard time about his absence. This sequence was kinda so - so for me. I found it very over the top that Vidya's grandmother would share her opinions so loudly in Vidya's sasural! But that aside...Vidya is now clearly worried about Gaurav's disappearance...some story movement in this track finally!

Gaurav - Vidya

Loved this scene...from Vidya's asking where Gaurav was to his guilt-triggered push-back to Vidya's nervous defense of her queries to Gaurav's final dialogs...fantastic screenplay work! 

Overall: Very good episode. The screenplay is almost back to being its tight self...hallelujah!
Edited by darlunia - 13 years ago
she_ratchet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Manal I agree! She should have taken a serious action! Not just tryin to push him, she kisses him back! She could have slapped him s Manal said. BTW I expected a way betta kiss.🤣
Insom-mia thumbnail
Well said Jaya. 
I liked the episode.  I agreed completely - esp about Vidya's dadi, and about Babuji/Uttara interaction.  I kept waiting for the conversation b/w babuji and Uttara to go a litle deeper, but alas no.  I did wonder why Uttara kept trying to call her drunk/passed out husband - wait until the next day when he's awake and hungover.
Devyani-Priya's conversation very nicely done - like the promise that made at the end.  More tangles - I wonder if that means that when Priya realize who her sasur is she won't be able to say it to anyone, and Aditya won't be able to ask.  Haha.
Poor Vidya -  watching her little heart break into a few little pieces  (I'm sure it'll break into more pieces once she realizes what he's up to) was truly sad. 
I'll be watching...

Edited by Insom-mia - 13 years ago
Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Well, insom-nia, I felt the other way round. When Priya said that she promises to enter their home by keeping her past behind, exactly the opposite is happening! She'll see SSP as she enters and maybe she will be uncomfortable with Aditya in the beginning. But I dont think she will keep quiet for long. She will be in a confusion about whom to confide in - her MIL or husband cuz both are closely related to him.  🤔 

Rest, I agree with Jaya and insom-nia.  Felt bad for Vidya.  

Other thing is I did not understand why Uttara was calling her hubby.. he was heavily drunk! Does she expects him to receive her calls in talli state and say I'm fine? 😛

Bauji sayinh that Devyani must be busy sorting out someone else's problem  was Bang on! 😆
Edited by shreya- - 13 years ago
BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Quick Take for December 23, 2010 - Thursday

Ahhh....another good episode today! Have I told you guys how much I love the writing on this show? 😳 😆

Here are my quick thoughts on what stood out for me today.

Gaurav - Vidya

This beginning scene today confused me initially as some of yesterday's closing sequence was repeated...editing mistake? That said...this relationship is growing as evidenced by Vidya's slowly becoming more and more comfortable with speaking her mind to Gaurav. I love the slow character evolution shown!

Bua - Priya

This is the type of scene that makes me love this show. Average shows would have not devoted precious screenplay time to a completely secondary character like Bua...but this sort of detailing is what I love about Maryaada. Instead of leaving her as the caricature of the irritating aunt we all probably have, the writers here show the softer & regretful side to her personality. Not needed to move the story forward but more a sign of the type of writers this show has. Outstanding!

Devyani - Aditya

Another quick scene...well done in terms of showing Devyani as a normal mother checking in on her son. But more than that, I felt like it subtly showed Devyani reflecting or rather basking in the happiness she is feeling after her conversation with Priya. I felt the screenplay showed that without actually resorting to flash backs or the like. Even if that was not the intent of the writers, that was the impression this sequence left on me...and I loved it!

Priya self-thoughts and Priya/Aditya calls

Standard scene that focussed on Priya's flashback to the kiss to her smiling at the recollection to her calling Aditya and him avoiding her calls. Screenplay worked for me but I cannot swallow Priya's smiling thinking about the kiss...wish this had been scripted differently.

Pradhan Family Breakfast

Good filler sequence that started with Gaurav apologizing to Vidya for his behavior...with a bouquet. Although I still find Vidya's Daadi very over-the-top, she was in character as she angrily commented to Gaurav at breakfast about being away from Vidya the previous night.

Uttara - Rishabh

Rishabh's showing up at the Jhaakars to surprise Uttara with a gift was a good twist...at least I did not expect that! I also liked the two-seconds of screenplay time devoted to showing the easy relationship between Devyani & Rishabh. The writers are still to show any back story to why Rishabh has this deep respect for Devyani. I hope such loose ends are not forgotten.

Aditya - Priya

So Aditya is still angry about Priya's comments at the bachelor party. While it is nice to see Aditya being in a mode other than the lover-boy mode, I feel the writers have sketched this character with all the extreme reactions/feelings possible...be it love or anger. There is nothing in the middle with Aditya. He loves intensely and gets just as angry.

Overall: Loved the episode. Screenplay was top-notch once again!
BheegiBasanti thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mrs.luvjaysean

Manal I agree! She should have taken a serious action! Not just tryin to push him, she kisses him back! She could have slapped him s Manal said. BTW I expected a way betta kiss.🤣

@mrs.luvjaysean Hello...Don't think I have met you before.😊 I'm Jaya BTW.
BheegiBasanti thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Insom-mia

Well said Jaya. 
I liked the episode.  I agreed completely - esp about Vidya's dadi, and about Babuji/Uttara interaction.  I kept waiting for the conversation b/w babuji and Uttara to go a litle deeper, but alas no.  I did wonder why Uttara kept trying to call her drunk/passed out husband - wait until the next day when he's awake and hungover.
Devyani-Priya's conversation very nicely done - like the promise that made at the end.  More tangles - I wonder if that means that when Priya realize who her sasur is she won't be able to say it to anyone, and Aditya won't be able to ask.  Haha.
Poor Vidya -  watching her little heart break into a few little pieces  (I'm sure it'll break into more pieces once she realizes what he's up to) was truly sad. 
I'll be watching...

Hola S...whassup? I hope we get to see some good Uttara - Babuji scenes too. New DP? Cool!
BheegiBasanti thumbnail
@Shreya...🤗...loved your points!
Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Liked the episode!! 

Jaya🤗, awesome take! ⭐️

I agree to what Jaya said about Bua.. the writers' did not have to put that scene but it just said that she had no intentions of ruining Priya's present. 

And other scenes I loved was the Sweety saying Gaurav that Rishabh is doing show-off! 🤣 That looked very realistic cuz it indeed seemed like he was showing off! He could have given Uttara that gift in private too! 😛 And why bluff about Nau-lakha haar when his pockets are empty in reality! 😆🤔

Priya's dad making a grim face over Cheenu's drink and later saying that 1 drink is fine. Cool dad! 😳😆

On the other hand, Devyani is proud that her son  was willing to overlook Priya's past and dwell on the present.😊 

Vidya giving Gaurav a smile after he replied her daadi's rants and how coolly Gaurav laid back the issue in the breakfast table was good.

I wonder why is he not willing to see Vidya in despair and gives her false hopes about their relationship when he has an affair??😕 I mean, after Vidya learns the truth, all those hopes she was pinning on will come crashing down. If he never showed much interest towards her, she wont get a shock at once, right?? 

Edited by shreya- - 13 years ago