Maryada

India-Forums

Maryada
Maryada

Random Musings: Dec 21 - Dec 24, 2010 (Week 10)

BheegiBasanti IF-Sizzlerz
BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 11:07am | IP Logged

Hello Maryada Forum,

Thread for this week's analyses. 

December 21, 2010 - Tuesday: Starts on Page 1

December 22, 2010 - Wednesday: Starts on Page 2

December 23, 2010 - Thursday: Starts on Page 2

December 24, 2010 - Friday: Starts on Page 4

As always, this thread is open for anybody to jump in with analysis or viewpoints. Alternatively, feel free to simply debate or converse about the perspectives of those who post or about this show & its characters in general.

Cheers,

Jaya

Edited by darlunia - 24 December 2010 at 12:10pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

noor_ayeshaMellowfellow

BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 11:43am | IP Logged
Quick Take for December 21, 2010 - Tuesday

Watching the episode live...so here goes with some quick thoughts as it is telecast:

Devyani - Priya's aunt: 

No surprises. The confrontation with Priya is yet to come. This is merely the teaser! I do not like that circular-track shot around Devyani & Bua! 

Priya - Aditya

Was it just me...this much-hyped smooch did not work for me at all! It started with Aditya forcing the kiss but Priya gives in after fighting back initially! Priya's molestation is a big deal and despite her growing love and attraction  for Aditya, I would have preferred her to be angry with Aditya for initiating the kiss against her will...especially since she thinks he has read the letter she wrote! Disappointed with the screenplay and camera work...bold should not mean simply focusing on the lips!

Gaurav - Vidya

For all the times I have loved this pair's track, I found Vidya's reaction to Gaurav today with the impromptu kiss a bit over-the-top. But...the relationship between the two is growing...so, I am letting it pass. 

Uttara - Rishabh

I was a bit distracted while watching this so did not hear what Rishabh said about Rastogi...You Tube, here I come! I have to say, I loved Uttara's worried look yesterday when she saw Rishabh drinking...Kamya is such a top notch actor!

Jhaakar House

Standard scene with Aditya returning angrily and the women (except Priya) sneaking in to the house!

Devyani - Priya

Maha episode debacle aside...the Devyani - Priya confrontation is finally here...I hope! Will reserve my views till after tomorrow's episode. I do have to say the BG music in this sequence today was over-powering. I get the need for a dramatic score but this one...today...did not work for me at all!

Overall: 3/5 for me. Come on writers...please deliver a solid screenplay tomorrow! I miss raving about your work! 

Edited by darlunia - 21 December 2010 at 11:47am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

LoveIsDivinenoor_ayeshanbostedMellowfellowBingeKai.YeHoKyaRahaHai.Manal.

Kai. IF-Sizzlerz
Kai.
Kai.

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
very lazy today, will add my take along with yoursWink
Originally posted by darlunia

Quick Take for December 21, 2010 - Tuesday

Watching the episode live...so here goes with some quick thoughts as it is telecast:

Devyani - Priya's aunt: 

No surprises. The confrontation with Priya is yet to come. This is merely the teaser! I do not like that circular-track shot around Devyani & Bua! 

i agree with you Jaya, the camera work was kinda distracting than enhancing the scene!

Priya - Aditya

Was it just me...this much-hyped smooch did not work for me at all! It started with Aditya forcing the kiss but Priya gives in after fighting back initially! Priya's molestation is a big deal and despite her growing love and attraction  for Aditya, I would have preferred her to be angry with Aditya for initiating the kiss against her will...especially since she thinks he has read the letter she wrote! Disappointed with the screenplay and camera work...bold should not mean simply focusing on the lips!

u nailed it!!Clap there was something not right abt that kiss and scene....i couldn't point my finger on it!!!
you explained it so well, the close up shot of the lips wasn't really requiredErmm i wished it was shot the way Bittoo - Shruthi kiss scene in band baajaa baaraat!
secondly, i fail to see the logic in knowing if it's love or lust through a forced kiss??!!Stern Smile
Btw wht was the disclaimer, i cudn't see it clearly to read the last bit!
Gaurav - Vidya

For all the times I have loved this pair's track, I found Vidya's reaction to Gaurav today with the impromptu kiss a bit over-the-top. But...the relationship between the two is growing...so, I am letting it pass. 

again, i agree with you!!! I just didn't get over the kiss scene of AdiYa that we had Vidya's kiss!! Shocked i was like...... is today a kissing session on MaryadaLOL
Infact, i found it out of Vidya character to just kiss Gaurav in a public place.

Uttara - Rishabh

I was a bit distracted while watching this so did not hear what Rishabh said about Rastogi...You Tube, here I come! I have to say, I loved Uttara's worried look yesterday when she saw Rishabh drinking...Kamya is such a top notch actor!I was expecting to see Rishad dance with a few chicks but he was busy with his sharaab Sleepy so he is alcohol addict not a womanizer! Uttara had to be very worried he is back to his old habbit....Ouch

Jhaakar House

Standard scene with Aditya returning angrily and the women (except Priya) sneaking in to the house!
i wasn't impressed by Raqesh portrayal of angry Adi. I failed to see the hurt look however, he was ok in the precap.

Devyani - Priya

Maha episode debacle aside...the Devyani - Priya confrontation is finally here...I hope! Will reserve my views till after tomorrow's episode. I do have to say the BG music in this sequence today was over-powering. I get the need for a dramatic score but this one...today...did not work for me at all!
Indrani was fabClapClapClap i liked her lines, Ridhi could have been a bit teary eyed when the past thing came up, i didn't see that.

Overall: 3/5 for me. Come on writers...please deliver a solid screenplay tomorrow! I miss raving about your work! 

Today episode wasn't worth the wait and excitementOuch Kamya, Indrani and Vindhya do a fab job but riddhi needs to improve. It's kinda hard to read her facial expressions. I hope tomorrow's episode is better than this, i am really looking foward to the confrontationSmile

thanks Jaya for making the threadEmbarrassed

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

noor_ayeshaMellowfellowBingeYeHoKyaRahaHaiBheegiBasanti.Manal.

Mellowfellow IF-Dazzler
Mellowfellow
Mellowfellow

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 1:29pm | IP Logged
:) Looks like as always storywriters lose it to the audience. I wonder why people think that showing a kiss or something provocative is the key? Show a kiss, as long as it fits the storyline and fit it well. I havent seen the episode, but couple of my points.

I can understand Aditya kissing Priya, completely fits his character, but Priya reciprocating...well if they had shown previously her opening up more to him its understandable. This girl about 3-4 episodes ago, gave him a lecture on how love is about 2 people getting to know one another by talking.

Vidya kissing Gaurav! Ok, yes, Vidya wants her husbands attention is learning the tricks and trade...but still...hardly see her making that move. Yes, the same Vidya who wanted to seduce her husband, I find her reaction hard to imagine.

Yes, Kamya is awesome. I will watch today for her :)

Edited by ykannan - 21 December 2010 at 1:37pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

noor_ayeshaBingeBheegiBasantiKai.YeHoKyaRahaHai.Manal.

Insom-mia Newbie
Insom-mia
Insom-mia

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 7:52pm | IP Logged
Hello everyone.
I just caught up.  Well - the last episode can't be called a filler by anyone.  I wouldn't call it great either. 
I agree the music and camera movement made it hard to focus at times.
The so called kiss- the purpose of it was ridiculous.   A kiss in anger isn't romantic to me at all but it seemed to have an effect on Priya.   She didn't seem angry or scared but didn't express her feelings yet.  She was sexually assaulted in the past so a kiss like that should have upset her greatly.
Didn't catch what Rishab mumbled and still didn't catch it by repeating the section over again.   Devyani confronting Priya about her past so quickly, good.   Acting overall weak.
S

Edited by Insom-mia - 21 December 2010 at 7:58pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

noor_ayeshaSky23BingeBheegiBasantiKai.YeHoKyaRahaHai.Manal.

BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
@Kai...me too yaar...waiting for tonight's episode to see how the confrontation is handled. I love that Bitto - Shruthi kiss in BBB. One of the best I have seen in Hindi cinema...I think that might even be my favorite Bollywood kiss of all time...that scene was so beautifully shot! Coming back to yesterday...the smooch was a case of much ado about nothing for me! D'ohI am disappointed with the last few episodes. I am waiting for the writing to get back to normal this week with the usual tight screenplays!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

noor_ayeshaKai.YeHoKyaRahaHai.Manal.

BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 11:15pm | IP Logged
@Yash...welcome back my friend! Hug My biggest problem with Priya enjoying the kiss despite Aditya's force is that it seems to make a mockery of the molestation by SasurPig! If she was just a regular traditional girl, then I would understand that the feelings of attraction got the better of her. But here, despite the growing attraction & love for Aditya, Priya's life altering event is still or should be quite fresh in her memory. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

noor_ayeshaBingeKai.YeHoKyaRahaHai.Manal.

BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 11:18pm | IP Logged
Oyyy Insom-mia...welcome back! Smile Agree completely with your perspective! So you did not catch what Rishabh mumbled either...LOL. I hope today's Devyani - Priya confrontation does justice to this story peak!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

noor_ayeshaBingeKai.YeHoKyaRahaHai.Manal.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index