India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

fans... (Page 2)

xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 11:19am | IP Logged
When a fan likes a celebrity, he starts to form a bond with that celebrity in his mind. He starts appreciating that celebrity's qualities and becomes attached to them, forming a belief that they are the best actor/singer/dancer/husband/wife. Although fans have no 'real' relationship with their celebs (they aren't friends or acquaintances in the normal sense), they have a very real attachment to their own belief in celebs. When a fan defends his favourite celeb, he is defending his own beliefs. And beliefs are very dear to their holders, which leads to violent words.

Edited by xobile - 21 December 2010 at 11:19am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Shipra_Sreturn_to_hades

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by old-black-joe

naah not really lol

How about Obj's past lives ? Most colorful LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mr.ass

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 10:18pm | IP Logged
Every Celebrity and religion needs a fanatic in its foundation.... Without fanatics you cannot create a celebrity and religions. Smile

mr.ass

mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 10:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Every Celebrity and religion needs a fanatic in its foundation.... Without fanatics you cannot create a celebrity and religions. Smile

loved this LOL
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 10:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by old-black-joe

Originally posted by Believe

loved this LOL
Me2LOL
thegameison IF-Sizzlerz
thegameison
thegameison

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 6:05am | IP Logged
Gosh, I have nearly the same thoughts - and its not harsh, probably just a sanity-check for such people! You know, the audience does get attached to the characters the actors portray on the screen and this is just the right place to discuss the show and characters and everything but then, celebs out of nowhere become the most important things ever happened to them. To me, it seems beyond hilarious but when they talk off certain missions or fight over the faves and everything, they're too serious. Wacko

Admiring a celeb's talent they showcase on the screen is nice, but eventually people start to mingle their obsession for the character with their liking for the celeb. Hence, they just feel the urge to fetch information about them - no matter how untrue. We don't know them personally and interviews can be scripted, right? This is how, people just get to worshippping celebs!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sheenu32leeseunggiloveruky786

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 7:22am | IP Logged
I should know this because I have come across a lot of fans who get mad over their favourite celebrity and if I ever said anything bad they would get mad I mean I have a lot of favourite celebs but that don't mean I'm going to waste my life dreaming about them am I? I have better things to do then fantasise about my favourite actor and actress, I used to be part of one of the Tv Dramas forum (not mentioning what drama it was) and it really annoyed me seeing people sooo obsessed over this celebrity you know why would you want to waste time saying "OMG this person is so hot" "OMG the chemistry was sizzling" you know I have to say thank you for bringing this topic because I think fans need to calm down.

I think fans I have witnessed are so obsessed over their favourite celebrity both on TV and Bollywood, I admit I am a massive SRK fan but that doesn't mean that I'm going to defend any horrible things people are saying about him because now I don't care and SRK won't visit this forum at all, he wouldn't care what I think.

@old-black-joe I agree with you people have sad lives hooking onto their favourite celebrity, I don't worship any of these celebrities when I am not on IF I don't even think about my favourite celebrities at all. I have better things to do.

sheenu32

P1nk IF-Dazzler
P1nk
P1nk

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 5:22pm | IP Logged
No one cusses George Clooney or else I'll beat the crap out of ya'all/ I mean IT! DON'T SAY NOWT! DON'T! DON'T!

Go to top