sheenu32 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
ok guys... I am NOT bashing anyone here... just a discussion topic.. so before u attack me.. ðŸ˜³ just read

Ok so in all the forums.. the fans defend their favourite celebs.. either its TV serials or Bollywood (more in bollywood forum) or even under youtube videos.. PEOPLE GO CRAZYY 
sure they are fans or admire the actors but why do people take it to such personal level and waste time and energy defending themm. when the actors merely care ðŸ˜•

again I am not bashing anyone at all.. please just a healthy discussion...
so what do u guys think ? what triggers such level responses?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
most people are sad people with little or no self esteem. These celebs are like god to them in their poor, uneventful, miserable depraived lives. So they react violently. This has been started by religion, where people form unions and have idol mentality. Though not all religious people are like that.
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: old-black-joe

most people are sad people with little or no self esteem. These celebs are like god to them in their poor, uneventful, miserable depraived lives. So they react violently. This has been started by religion, where people form unions and have idol mentality. Though not all religious people are like that.

Little harsh no?

TV star fans in particular get worked up whenever anyone says anything bad/provides any sort of criticism to their favourite actor/actress. These are people who watch these shows and now consider those stars as a part of their daily routine. A lot of fans think they connect well with the character being portrayed on screen, or a lot of the times they fall in love with the image the actor is portraying on screen. In reality, when someone points a finger at someone we love and respect then it's natural for us to stand up for them right? So that's exactly what fans are doing. A lot of the time they don't realise that the person whom they admire and respect so much on screen is just a fictional character and in reality the actor and the character portrayed on screen are very different people.

It also explains why we sometimes link the actors with their lady love on screen, because we connect so well with the couple. Seeing as you're a Maaneet fan, let me give you an example of them. I love Maan to bits. I think he's the perfect guy and any girl would be lucky to have a guy like that in her life. Now DD plays the character of Geet really well. But both Drashti and Geet are very bubbly people both on-screen and off-screen so maybe that's why I connect better with Drashti. I'd personally LOVE to see Drashti and Gurmeet hook up together but of course, Gurmeet already has a long-term girlfriend. I never objected to this, nor did I have a problem with his blog and neither was I one of the people that ever wrote a comment on his blog, let alone bash Debina. But after I read his latest blog entry, I couldn't help but think to myself..damn..you're nowhere near as perfect as Maan Singh Khurana. Maan Singh Khurana is an aggressive man, who often crosses all limits but even he wouldn't speak so rudely to anyone. I hated it when Gurmeet generalised all of his fans in to the same category and no doubt, from that day onwards Gurmeet lost a couple of fans. So I guess it's all about knowing your limits and realising what's fiction and what isn't and trying not to get yourself too emotionally attached to a fictional show.
Edited by hindu4lyf - 13 years ago
mr.ass thumbnail
@ diya:

lol I thought you were sco beezie :P my friend I told ya abt nbecause she used to have that avi lol
hindu4lyf thumbnail

@ diya:

lol I thought you were sco beezie :P my friend I told ya abt nbecause she used to have that avi lol

Was that always her username or did she change it?🤔

Sorry SCO Beezie for chorifying your old avi😛
mr.ass thumbnail
Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

Was that always her username or did she change it?🤔

Sorry SCO Beezie for chorifying your old avi😛

it was midnight shade previously 😆
hindu4lyf thumbnail

it was midnight shade previously 😆

Ah ok..thanks! I remember Middy and our conversation on the 'most romantic song' thread :)
Any other username changes that I should know about?
xobile thumbnail
When a fan likes a celebrity, he starts to form a bond with that celebrity in his mind. He starts appreciating that celebrity's qualities and becomes attached to them, forming a belief that they are the best actor/singer/dancer/husband/wife. Although fans have no 'real' relationship with their celebs (they aren't friends or acquaintances in the normal sense), they have a very real attachment to their own belief in celebs. When a fan defends his favourite celeb, he is defending his own beliefs. And beliefs are very dear to their holders, which leads to violent words.Edited by xobile - 13 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

naah not really lol

How about Obj's past lives ? Most colorful 😆
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Every Celebrity and religion needs a fanatic in its foundation.... Without fanatics you cannot create a celebrity and religions. 😊