Pavitra Rishta

PR actor alleges sexual harassment - Article

niveditha IF-Sizzlerz
niveditha
niveditha

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 6:32am | IP Logged
Pavitra Rishta actor alleges sexual harassment
Buzz up!

Stress is an integral part of TV actor's life, but it's highly unwanted if it's not professional in nature. Contrary to its title everything is not so pure and holy on the sets of Pavitra Rishta.

In a shocking incident actor Rachna Sahani a.k.a Lakshmi of Pavitra Rishta has accused a production official of asking sexual favours. The official in question is executive producer Yasir Khan. The man is said to a nuisance to all actors. Grapevine has it that Khan has been trying hard to woo his lady love. In fact, he's allegedly been asking her for sexual favours. When Sahani declined, he threatened to throw her out of the show.

When contacted, Sahani initially refused to speak but after much persuasion, she spilled the beans on Shah. Said she, "Yasir has been creating problems for me for the past three to four months. He kept asking me for favours claiming that if I accept his proposal he would get my role lengthened but I kept overlooking all his overtures. But I lost my cool when Yasir told one of his colleagues that he will get me sacked from the show as I haven't responded to his requests positively. I then decided to approach seasoned actress Usha Nadkarni who promised to take care of the matter. After Ushaji had a word with Yasir, I got a call from him, apologizing profusely. He told me that he considers me to be his sister and everything that he told me was in the lighter vein. I was livid to hear him say that as I had never been over-friendly with him to allow him to ask me such favours. I always used to make my husband receive all the calls made by him to me so that he gets the message loud and clear that I am not interested. However, things have cooled down a bit ever since Usha ji stepped in.

Menahwile, Yasir brushed aside these rumours and termed it as a joke. He said, "I am a jovial person and keep joking around with all the actors. I consider Rachana as my sister and she takes me as her brother. I always joke around with them asking them to accompany me over a cup of coffee. I meant no offence whatsoever to Rachana and if she is hurt, I would like to apologise to her."

We sent a text message to Usha Nadkarni but she didn't revert to us.

Well, we won't like to call on this case, but we wodner how will Ekta madame react to such such allegation against trustworthy employee.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsdetails.aspx?p=Pavitra-Rishta-actor-alleges-sexual-harassment&xfile=2010/December/News_20101221_43

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

jolinebeej81KhaLidaHj&b84riniiii

s_daya79 Senior Member
s_daya79
s_daya79

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 8:33am | IP Logged
thats just plain nasty if this accusation is true - yuck!  1st you ask for sexual favors but when caught, she is you sister!  Just plain Gross!
second_chances IF-Sizzlerz
second_chances
second_chances

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 8:42am | IP Logged
if this is true, then this is disgusting.

i wish she hadnt stayed quiete and actually went to the authorities with this. verbal harassment is sitll harasment and noone , no woman should have to deal with that. 

we woman do a hard days work and then go home to a second job of taking care of the family, all we ask for return is respect. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mokshashree

koolchick IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 11:05am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
nycsweetie IF-Sizzlerz
nycsweetie
nycsweetie

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
thats terrible Dead
Tulsey IF-Dazzler
Tulsey
Tulsey

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
omg this is nasty. 
Ushaji is so nice to get her out of this mess and show daylight to Khan.

Now if he cleans her from the PR, I am sure Ushaji will get to the bottom of this issue.
toothbrush13 IF-Dazzler
toothbrush13
toothbrush13

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
If this is true then shame on that man!  Good that he got sorted out and it got exposed to the media, but I do think he should get worse consequences than just this.
Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 1:19pm | IP Logged

THis kind a nasty stuff happens all the time...Good she spoke up finally and it came to light...If it is true hope Mr. Khan is well taken care of by Kekta Maiya...

Go to top