Fishfish thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

Yesterday there was a scene in which Dutta throws out the man who comes as an imposter claiming to be Naku's past lover.  After that he passes Naku and gives her a look….his trust on her is intact but he cannot accept that he was the last one to know her truth…in bengali we say 'abhimaan hoyechhe'…upset with a bit of anger and sadness…a feeling of low….

Infact yesterday itself I was googling randomly when I came across an interview of Mr Paresh Rawal, the great actor and also producer of this show….he was asked what he cannot do as an actor, he replied romance…as I cannot dance around trees, for me romance is a lot of silence, unspoken words.  I agree with him totally, what a wonderful way to depict  romance  but  as I am writing a story, I cannot leave blank spaces hence have to write something…here is an attempt….I hope you like it, do leave comments….

+++++++

The Faith

Naku's legs gave away as she saw him going up the stairs to his room, she never had any doubt about his love for her but she was overwhelmed to see the level of his trust…he was upset with her, according to him, she also has given him 'dhoka' like the other two girls, a 'dhoka' of a different kind, nonetheless a 'dhoka'….Naku could not deny that….tears flowed, tears of relief and happiness, tears of sadness and guilt, bringing forth the pain of separation.

Naku looked up to see Kalavati walking defeated towards her room….Kalavati the reason of her present miseries, her attempt to create a misunderstanding between her brother and Naku but Naku did not feel like stopping her, giving her a victory speech or the 'tamacha' which Kalavati had challenged her with if Dutta Bhau does not throw Naku out of the house after today….

No Naku is not forgiving her or forgetting what Kalavati attempted to do but at the moment Naku wanted to bask in the glory of her love and to be loved by the man who does not want to see her face, who refuses to accept her as his wife but then he did say…..'Dutta Sriram Patil ki patni par kichar uchhalne ka himmat kaha se mila?' Oh why couldn't I trust him a bit more, why couldn't I say I too have a secret Sahab and I want to share with you first, before I take the oath in front of everyone to be your wedded wife…why couldn't I trust him the way he trusted me?

++++++

Dutta looked out of the window, he watched the dusk setting over his garden, the sky becoming dark, how dare he enter my house…he thought, there must be someone very close who brought him in, his house was no less than a fortress, nobody ever dared to enter it without the permission of a family member….Sudarshan brought him in saying the man was demanding to see 'the Bhau' for last few days…he has something important to share with him….Sudarshan, the dimwit…if it would have been Baaji then he would not have not known the matter itself, Baaji would have taken care….Baaji…his friend…Dutta swallowed…as they say that woman is the root cause of all troubles, be it Sita or Draupadi, the Ramayana or Mahabharata…if only Ravan would not have taken Sita captive, if only Duryodhan would not have tried to disrobe Draupadi in the midst of his father's court…..if only Bajirao not said he knew Naku's secret before him….Naku could share it with Baji and Baji could keep such a huge secret with him…betrayed by two of his closest ones…..

Dutta pulled the curtains shut to walk back into the room, as he walked past his dressing table he stopped to see his reflection…is he such an illogical man, without a heart?  Then why he cannot accept so many things….is it because he has been called a murderer's son that he goes at length to prove his innocence, his justification….is he a normal man at all….two women have ditched him, his mind is not in a position to accept Nakusha also, though he knows she is different from the other two…if only Naku did not hide from him, if only she had trusted him a bit more, if only he was the first one to know her big secret….

The torn photograph peeped from his shirt pocket, he took it out, stood watching it, it was of dark Naku, Naku with a beautiful heart, it did not matter to him that people called her ugly, she was the most beautiful in his eyes.  When she revealed her fair colour, it shook him his very core, iski pass bhi ek raaj hai, jo isne chhupai hai, sab jante hai sirf mai nehi janta…Naku..tum bhi?  

+++++

Naku stood at the bottom of the stairs, she had promised that she would not enter the room until he called her, he has shown her what she had failed to show him, she wants to tell him that she is the same Naku he fell in love…he just has to accept her in her new look….she just wants to wipe the whole cloud in his mind and make it crystal clear, just like a slate, cleaned clear to make a new beginning….as a wife of Dutta Sriram Patil……

+++++

Dutta knew she was here, he looked at the mirror to see her standing at the door, their eyes met, she stared for sometime and then lowered her eyes….Dutta frowned, what is she doing her, has she come to express her gratefulness to him?  The very thought irritated him…why should she be grateful to him, he remembered his mother telling him a little while ago, it is Naku who is putting up with you, if it had been any other girl, she would have left him by now….he knows that, he accepts that too but then …..

Tujhe kuch kehna hai mujhse?  Dutta asked with a bit of irritation…

Ji..mai…mai…..

Dekh agar tujhe kuch bolna hai to bol, khare khare mai mai maath kar….

Ji mai keh rehti ki aapne….Naku looked in his eyes…he was watching her unblinkingly…she swallowed for she knew he hated to be thanked…

I truly don't know that man….she blurted…..

Dutta sighed turning round to face her….you have not come to say this to me…I have many faults but then I do trust people too and I had trusted you too….he murmured softly, dropping her photo on the bed…..

Naku hesitated for second but then she could not hold back anymore, she forgot about the oath she had taken, she ran into the room, throwing herself on him, hugging him tightly, she could no longer hold back as her tears wetted his shirt, he stood like a statue staring blankly …..her cry did reach his ears, his heart too but his mind was numb…..he did not want to feel anything…

Shhhh chup ho ja….kyu bekar me row rahi hai…..I told you I did not believe that man…..I knew he was fraud….so why are you crying, he said it mechanically…..

Naku's tears subsided, she then cupped his face between her palms…look at me Sahab….look into my eyes, she cried……

Dutta hesitated, Naku insisted….reluctantly he lowered his eyes to look into hers after sometime…..

Naku held his gaze for sometime and then said..'mai yeh kehne ayi thi, na mai gori hu, na kali…mujhe apna rang me rang do Sahab…colour me with your own colour, make me yours…..'!!

Dutta could hold back no more, finally his mind lost to his heart, he raised his hands hug her, hide his face in her neck, hold me tight Nakusha and don't ever let me go!!

+++++

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sophia21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Hey Tin... Woah another SS and an Amazing one as well...
the ending is so emotional... I jus wish it was easy to melt his heart,,,  
I love how she ran in n hugged him... And finally he hugged her bak... Ahhh love it...
Its awesome...
swati2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
tin......another SS......awesome as usual........n ending was the best...........loved it......
prettywoman thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

You never cease to amaze me Tin.. again very beautifully written. Could really feel D-N's pain.. and the line that stole my heart is of course the last one.. mujhe apne rang mein rang do.. how touching...

And thanks for the titbit on what Paresh Rawal said about romance.. surely true..

hope there are many more scenes that touch you to write such wonderful SS's!

Wanderbug thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
beautifully written...tin..as always..but yesterday i found dutta a very reasonable man..i felt that he has a POV that was shaken..and he is right..i don't think he'll melt that easily but..yes when he does there'll be a flood of love in his and his love's life..i am waiting to bask in that flood..

beautiful..
beautiful..
beautiful..
beautiful..
beautiful..
beautiful..
ushankitvc thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
so nicely written................i liked the way she ran to him and hugged him..........then made him look into her eyes...........mujhe apne rang mein rang do..........wow!!!!!!!!!! he  hugged her back tightly.................
a very emotional SS .............liked every bit of it.............
Tintiny, one request .....why dont u start an FF with the story frm Seema's entrance????  I really like ur FF.......... do think it over.............
Edited by ushankitvc - 13 years ago
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
very nice....awww loved the ending..he finally hugged her bk
vahgar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi Tin,

Nice SS, enjoyed reading this, liked he way you analysed their thought process........wish we had seen something similar in the episode....... but guess not so soon.... so until then we will just enjoy your writing........keep writing 😊

--Lalitha
kiran255 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
OH my GOd Tintiny 
Beautiful SS yet again 
Thali was magical so does this one 
so amazing !
LOved it !
mariescott14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2