India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Katrina dumps the Khans (Page 7)

MissIffiy IF-Rockerz
MissIffiy
MissIffiy

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 4:35pm | IP Logged
If TMK becomes a big hit I will give the entire credit to katrina she is everywhere & I mean everywhere  & Farah too since people enjoy Farah films & the hype of the film too i guess but Akki is just taking a back seat to the entire promotion 

Edited by MissIffiy - 21 December 2010 at 4:35pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

cinema-goerglittersNuktaacheenKatalicious

PuffinHypercity IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen

Katalicious IF-Sizzlerz
Katalicious
Katalicious

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 7:12pm | IP Logged
Crystal just let it go, she won't stop so you should Smile

Nuktaacheen

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lensahunte08

New york being a hit could be a chance thing. Am not really trying to take anything away from Katrina. I wish her good luck, but I still have doubts about her box office power without Ranbir and Akshay. Yes again New york was a hit, but that's just one movie. I believe her boxoffice power if she has more than one movie that was a hit without the big stars. Let's see if she can give a hit with Imran. And also I wanna see her taking more risks and work with not so popular stars. And if she keeps up with her hits than, I can believe  her boxoffice power.

I don't get this logic... its a fact that most of Ranbir's movies haven't worked without Katrina and not vica versa so why do people fail to give her credit for that? What about Anjaana anjaani.. if every movie with RK in it works then how come that one sank without a trace... I think like N said before... some people who don't wanna credit Katrina are never gonna do so.. so its pointless to try to make them see it..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

cinema-goerglittersNuktaacheenKatalicious

anna143 IF-Dazzler
anna143
anna143

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 7:44pm | IP Logged
First of all KAT has never worked with SRK and Aamir thank god for that second of all even if she is taking a break from Salman it could be cuz of their personal relationship so her dumping the Khans is out of the question and her next movie is with Imran khan so shes gnna be working with one of dem regardless. 

Nuktaacheen

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 7:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lovanika

You are looking at 2009 only....but I have the list of TOP gorssers to get the picture of which actress have had hits in that period.  But media as wella s people have greater expectations from tehm so their movies are just pronounced medicore or flop despite the earnings...

Even a FLOP Sarkar RAj has done better than Namaste London....

I am just saying that if you are calling KAtrina the top actress with top grossers then go have alook at the list. The top grosser life time and Top grosser 2009. Even KI which got so much flak earned a lot more....

I agree Katrina's movies did do well...but they weren't the TOP grossers...and yes I still feelt hat she needs to prove herself and not piggy back on successful actors  with dance adn couple of scenes.

I am also saying that I am looking forward to her movie with Hritik and Imran ....those movies re going to be the tes of her star power. She might prove me wrong or prove me right....Bt we have to wait.

I hope she proves me wrong...as I have nothing against her...

There is a thing called profit which makes the world go round and round.. Movies like Sarkaar raaj must be high grossers but because of the fact that their costs are high and they haven't been able to gross enough to cover their cost and make a profit.. they are declared as a flop... Above all a HIT status or a profit is the thing that matters if we are talking about the monetary value of a movie..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

NuktaacheenKatalicious

Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 7:46pm | IP Logged
I think TMK will be a blockbuster, not because of akki and katrina awkward chemistry but because she's a item girl in the movie. If movie becomes hit then it's all credit to Katrina. Film looks D grade movie from promos and i didn't even enjoyed a single promo compare to oso and mhn. Even the scene, where it should be comic looks forced.

anna143

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 7:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lovanika

Originally posted by Relda

Umm.. Houseful, Houseful 2 are chosen for roles.. Well, I never!!!
so, Katrina was a show-piece in Race and Deepika is going to break new grounds in acting by being in Race 2?? Kya logic hai boss. When Katirna gets a hit with with Neil she is a show-piece, Deepika gives a flop with the same actor she is trying new grounds? Sonam gives a hit with Imran in a romcom and Deepika's romcom movie with the same actor bites the dust within a month.. she is proving her prowess as an actress. Okay.. glad to get all that straightened out.

Well someone else brought Deepika in here...

So you mean,

Housefull = DDD + SIK + Welcome + Boom + HKDKG + Partner. + 4 scenes plus a love making......

I think to get a clearer picture you should watch movies and write down the number of scenes or mintues/movie and add up to see how much screen time Kat has and how much Deepika has in her total of 3 yrs career as comapred to 7 yrs.

It is not a fight between Deepika or Katrina...it is a discussion about the most powerful actress who makes heros run after her for hits in BW  which according to you is Kat bt not for me.

If screen time and significance of roles is a criteria that you judge by then.. I would say Sonam kapoor scores above Deepika... coz every role Sonam has played has been pivotal for the movie.. yes the movies have flopped but she has chosen roles.. where she has gotten a chance to show her range.. and so early on in her career she has played a role where she was the hero of the movie... "Aisha".. the movie did not make big profits.. but it has its following.. with hit music.. and i am sure it rocks in the dvd circuit.. Deepika still hasn't played one role which has been all about her...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cinema-goerKatalicious

Go to top