India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Katrina dumps the Khans (Page 4)

-Mmmmm- IF-Veteran Member
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 8:53am | IP Logged
Here is the 2009 list from Box office India.. Wink  People want to accept it or no does not really matter.. It clearly says NY was a hit...

Edited by maddy1973 - 21 December 2010 at 8:59am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheenmz.jessKatalicious

Relda Goldie
Relda
Relda

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 8:53am | IP Logged
Umm.. Houseful, Houseful 2 are chosen for roles.. Well, I never!!!
so, Katrina was a show-piece in Race and Deepika is going to break new grounds in acting by being in Race 2?? Kya logic hai boss. When Katirna gets a hit with with Neil she is a show-piece, Deepika gives a flop with the same actor she is trying new grounds? Sonam gives a hit with Imran in a romcom and Deepika's romcom movie with the same actor bites the dust within a month.. she is proving her prowess as an actress. Okay.. glad to get all that straightened out.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-starlight-ladygagaOnyx.Nuktaacheenkoolchick-Mmmmm-Katalicious

lovanika IF-Rockerz
lovanika
lovanika

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 9:04am | IP Logged
You are looking at 2009 only....but I have the list of TOP gorssers to get the picture of which actress have had hits in that period.  But media as wella s people have greater expectations from tehm so their movies are just pronounced medicore or flop despite the earnings...

Even a FLOP Sarkar RAj has done better than Namaste London....

I am just saying that if you are calling KAtrina the top actress with top grossers then go have alook at the list. The top grosser life time and Top grosser 2009. Even KI which got so much flak earned a lot more....

I agree Katrina's movies did do well...but they weren't the TOP grossers...and yes I still feelt hat she needs to prove herself and not piggy back on successful actors  with dance adn couple of scenes.

I am also saying that I am looking forward to her movie with Hritik and Imran ....those movies re going to be the tes of her star power. She might prove me wrong or prove me right....Bt we have to wait.

I hope she proves me wrong...as I have nothing against her...

Edited by lovanika - 21 December 2010 at 9:08am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

glitters

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 9:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lovanika

Even a FLOP Sarkar RAj has done bettrer than Namaste London....

I am just saying that if you are calling KAtrina the top actress with top grossers then go have alook at the list. The top grosser life time and Top grosser 2009. Even KI which got so much flak earned a lot more....

I agree Katrina's movies did do well...but they weren't the TOP grossers...and yes I still feelt hat she needs to prove herself and not piggy back on successful actors  with dance adn couple of scenes.

I am also saying that I am looking forward to her movie with Hritik and Imran ....those movies re going to be the tes of her star power. She might prove me wrong or prove me right....Bt we have to wait.

I hope she proves me wrong...as I have nothing against her...

to be honest, i don't think any of the celebs need to prove anything to 'you' or 'me' as individuals... those who can't give her due credit, will never do so, no matter what happens.... as i said earlier, first it was give a hit without a kumar, which she did... then it was take out ranbir... she did... now what...?   so really, doesn't matter what 'you' or 'i' think... the producers/directors are signing her because of her ability to bring in the crowds... otherwise, a movie like rajneeti would not rely so heavily on promoting her as the main focus, even though she did not have a full role throughout the movie...!!   TongueTongueTongueTongue

in any case.... apni apni opinion hai....!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Reldaladygaga-Mmmmm-Katalicious

lovanika IF-Rockerz
lovanika
lovanika

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 9:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Relda

Umm.. Houseful, Houseful 2 are chosen for roles.. Well, I never!!!
so, Katrina was a show-piece in Race and Deepika is going to break new grounds in acting by being in Race 2?? Kya logic hai boss. When Katirna gets a hit with with Neil she is a show-piece, Deepika gives a flop with the same actor she is trying new grounds? Sonam gives a hit with Imran in a romcom and Deepika's romcom movie with the same actor bites the dust within a month.. she is proving her prowess as an actress. Okay.. glad to get all that straightened out.

Well someone else brought Deepika in here...

So you mean,

Housefull = DDD + SIK + Welcome + Boom + HKDKG + Partner. + 4 scenes plus a love making......

I think to get a clearer picture you should watch movies and write down the number of scenes or mintues/movie and add up to see how much screen time Kat has and how much Deepika has in her total of 3 yrs career as comapred to 7 yrs.

It is not a fight between Deepika or Katrina...it is a discussion about the most powerful actress who makes heros run after her for hits in BW  which according to you is Kat bt not for me.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

glitters

aiyshababy Senior Member
aiyshababy
aiyshababy

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 9:19am | IP Logged
where she dump Khan she attended party where Aamir Khan present 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

lovanikaMissIffiyIHeartDeepika.

lovanika IF-Rockerz
lovanika
lovanika

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aiyshababy

where she dump Khan she attended party where Aamir Khan present 

LOLLOL
The heading shuold have been moving over to next KHAN..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MissIffiyIHeartDeepika.

Gobsmacked IF-Rockerz

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 9:26am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

qwwwNuktaacheenpooja_llovanikakoolchick-Mmmmm-Beyond_the_VeilIHeartDeepika.Chippeshwini

Go to top