Users

Frequent Posters

lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: aiyshababy

where she dump Khan she attended party where Aamir Khan present 

😆😆
The heading shuold have been moving over to next KHAN..
Katrina is a bit of an odd one for me- I guess everyone knows that as an actor I can't stand the woman.
But as a woman the very fact that she single handedly built her career and supported a family makes me wanna applaud the woman.

However on the other hand Katrina as an actress is the one where she is a disaster. She is good looking, highly successful and very diplomatic. But as an actress she is the worst I have seen in the last few years. How can she justify her poor performance free 7 yrs in the field?

Im glad as a woman she is more successful than some of the bollywood men, but I would be happy if that stature belonged to someone who was more worthy of it like Vidya balan.Edited by pragya0 - 13 years ago
lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: pragya0

Katrina is a bit of an odd one for me- I guess everyone knows that as an actor I can't stand the woman.
But as a woman the very fact that she single handedly built her career and supported a family makes me wanna applaud the woman.

However on the other hand Katrina as an actress is the one where she is a disaster. She is good looking, highly successful and very diplomatic. But as an actress she is the worst I have seen in the last few years. How can she justify her poor performance free 7 yrs in the field?

Im glad as a woman she is more successful than some of the bollywood men, but I would be happy if that stature belonged to someone who was more worthy of it like Vidya balan.

Bt yo know that will never happen....even we sit and talk about how we geat actress should be given credit but how many of us have watched Ishqiya???????

To be in the top leage you need to have that X-factor, associated with a camp, be in news negative or positive, and so on.....

I really liked Gracy Singh but then she vanished becase she was too sweet ot be in BW..
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Pragya... agree.. her acting skills, her hindi skills.....Sigh..... is all I can say...

You dirty dog.... dialogue from TMK.... 😆 still crackes me up...
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Im glad as a woman she is more successful than some of the bollywood men, but I would be happy if that stature belonged to someone who was more worthy of it like Vidya balan.

i love her performances... but i feel that Vidya does not market herself well... she is good in certain roles, but with all these boyish actors, she does not suit.... and she just does not pull off the western looks like some of her other contemporaries... she has her own niche... i wish more movies would focus on the roles of actresses as well... she was quite amazing in Ishqia... but it's not a movie for everyone... not exactly a movie you can go and watch with your family....!  

many factors come into play... while i would love it if vidya was counted among the top 5, i also know her shortcomings.... unfortunately, with the roles belted out today and the kind of movies that work with the masses, i don't know whether she'll ever get that place... but you never know... even a rank newcomer like deepika seems to be more popular at the box office, for the kind of movies she does...!   😛😛   why is there so much hype around sonam and deepika, when none of them are any great shakes at acting... and an anushka is ignored, who imo, is a much better actress than these two... you really need to market yourself... but i am glad that vidya is at least recognized and has not disappeared like some of the others....!   😃

however, unless the system changes, such things will continue to happen.... it used to happen earlier, and i don't see things changing anytime soon....!
Good point Nuktha the point I want to make is yes she is the most successful woman in a male dominate industry. Am I happy for her as a woman- yes. Does she deserve it - no.
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Good point Nuktha the point I want to make is yes she is the most successful woman in a male dominate industry. Am I happy for her as a woman- yes. Does she deserve it - no.

what anyone deserves, who can say... i definitely agree with that she does not deserve it, but not everything happens to my liking in bollywood... all these record breaking movies - do they really deserve so much success...?  imo, no.... but well, that's just how things are... unless things change in our industry, the trend will continue... most of the top actresses were not always the greatest....!
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: lovanika

It is not a negative comment on Katrina..

Till now all her HITS have very little of her in it except Namaste London.
So her fans argue that those HITS are becasue of her while others feel that she was just a show piece in it and those hits were becasue of Akki, Ranbir, or the subject matter for that sense....

So if she comes with actors whoa re not alrady on the top league then we will see how much she can carry a movie on her shoulders...

AS some one pointed out earlier that Katrina is very clever..ANd I guess she is very clever in choosing movies...HAS SHE EVER CHOSEN A MOVIE WHERE THERE WAS NO SUCCESSFUL STAR?????/

I got this when she walked out of Prakash Jha's Akarshan...even thoguh she has a meaty role in it ....WHY becasue the movie had Ajay (even though he is successful his BO pull is still questioned) and Manoj Bajpai. So she know that this movie is not going to give her status any boost . But she did accept Rajniti for 5 scenes ofcourse excluding songs.

Thats where my reasoning is coming from. If she still gets HITs when she is not with TOP actors liek many other actresses then I will accept that seh is a top leage actress...as of now she is just fitting the bill of showpiece in the movies like Zeenat Aman did in 70s....
PS: Thanks for explaining ot me DEEPIKA's point - She is choosing ROLES ratehr than HITS. Her acting ability is appladed with every movie by critics....and some day she will get hits too.  If seh wanted jst hits Deepika wouldn't have done - KHJJS, Lafange Pndey, BKB or KCK with relatively new actors...she is not signing anything with Ranbir..

Katrina has left or refused MANY movies. I'd rather not mention them because then there will be fan wars. I don't get you at all, John & Neil are NO big stars or anything and she still did NY because she thought the ROLE was good for her. Get your facts right, then comment.
Katalicious thumbnail
Originally posted by: lovanika

Well someone else brought Deepika in here...

So you mean,

Housefull = DDD + SIK + Welcome + Boom + HKDKG + Partner. + 4 scenes plus a love making......

I think to get a clearer picture you should watch movies and write down the number of scenes or mintues/movie and add up to see how much screen time Kat has and how much Deepika has in her total of 3 yrs career as comapred to 7 yrs.

It is not a fight between Deepika or Katrina...it is a discussion about the most powerful actress who makes heros run after her for hits in BW  which according to you is Kat bt not for me.

Actually NO. This topic is about a party Katrina didn't go to and you tunred it into this WHOLE drama.
Katalicious thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nuktaacheen

first, it was let's see if she delivers hits without the khans or kumar... then she gave hits with ranbir... and let's not forget, she gave a hit with neil and john too, none of who have any clout over the box office... 😛😛😛😛   give credit where it's due...!   😛😛😛

even akshay says that katrina is his lucky charm... if he admits it too, then i don't have much to say either... she obviously can put people in seats at the theatres, and that is what matters in bollywood... people can continue cribbing about her acting (apni apni opinion, afterall)... but all that does not really matter when you look at the larger picture... what are the means, causes, etc. for her success, people can continue to 'debate', but the conclusion would not change...!  😉😛😛

she won't be here if not for a khan...?  the khan does not make her movies hits or buys all her movie tickets... everyone gets a break from somewhere... deepika had a launch pad with srk... and thanks to farah and all the publicity and the hype, she started off to a good start... even srk had his break with aziz mirza and yash raj... salman had sooraj barjaatya... so kat is definitely not the first person who got a break from a big name, nor would she be the last... the person who gives you your break can't gaurantee how successful your career would be....!   😛😛😛

and how many times are people going to write her off...?  😆😆😆  it's funny really.... meanwhile, she continues to rule at the box office....!   😉😛😛

OMG I was totally going to say this! Exactly! First people said she can't have a hit without Akshay then she had a hit with John, Neil and Ranbir!! And now people say without Akshay AND Ranbir?? Like hello?? How ignorant will you get. Sorry to tell you this people but Katrina BRINGS the people in the theater, its not the actor, its HER star power.