Pratigya

India-Forums

Pratigya
Pratigya

Mr Bhushan in your words BIGAMY is a social crime. (Page 3)

corvette IF-Rockerz
corvette
corvette

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 8:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anusarkar

Originally posted by Madmadgirl

Hello Mr Bhushan,

Your remarks in your recent  interview inspired me to research on recent and past bigamy cases. And guess what, after thorough research I found no pending or past bigamy cases in India. You mentioned in your interview  that you started this bigamy case very well knowing that it is a social  crime because it happens in the indian society and ppl start accepting it in the long run. My question to you is on what basis and references have you come to the conclusion ? In my knowledge and experience with ppl I would not agree to your statement because no  human being with  an ounce of morality would accept any such bigamous relationship or illegal relationship.

There is'nt  any such bigamy cases in India which can be referred to where a bigamous relationship has been accepted. On the contrary there was a case in Kashmir awhile back where a muslim (although in islam a man could marry more than , it is prohibited now) husband was charged with bigamy and sentenced to 10 years to omprisonment. 

On what basis are you showing this disgraceful track on national television ? Indian society should walk on the steps of progressiveness and not go back and embrace prehistoric methods. There was a time when young girls and women would be burned alive on the death bed of their dead husband as an evil custom Sati. We do practice Sati anymore ?Do we? No. Then why BIGAMY ? Why disgracing the sanctity of Marraige ? Anyways ,ppl are already losing faith in marraige. The divorce rate is going up everywhere.

This bigamous relationship needs to end. There should be positive vibes and characters in your serial who inspire your audiences. We already know that the society comprises of evil . Now you need to show the consequences of evil ?  Do not try to justify evil crimes,but redeem yourself by correcting them.

accepted by whom? the parties, or the judge?
A judge will hardly accept such a relationship - that's a given surely??

What is disgraceful to you is fictional entertainment, albeit far fetched and boring, for others

As for the sanctity of marriage, even for where you live I'm sure, the stats will tell you how sanctimoniously precious that relationship is held....marriage is no longer the  marker by which a stable socially acceptable relationship is necessarily going to succeed

Mr Bhusan I dont think has a lot to do with divorce rates or indeed is he any form of contributory factor in encouraging the practice of bigamy.

His sole point is to get people talking about his show and to give it attention - which is exactly what you and I are doing. He is not a moral policeman or a custodian for law protection or enforcement

Characters do at times have positive vibes and are inspiring - but if they were like that all the time they would not reflect reality and therein lies the point - life for some people does include non socially acceptable relationships, to pretend these relationships dont exist is delusional

Finally insofar as bigamy cases are concerned, you'd only get to know about them if someone complained....I'd bet my pocket's worth there are loads of guys living with more than one wife at the same time and that they are living perfectly happily too...they have their reasons....

This is not the first serial to show bigamy, Sajan Ghar Jaana Hai actually went so far as to condone it....

Underlined. I meant in the sentence that a bigamous relationship is not acepted by anyone.

I beg to differ.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hussainramso

hussainramso IF-Sizzlerz
hussainramso
hussainramso

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 9:00am | IP Logged

Hello Mr Bhushan,

Your remarks in your recent interviewinspiredme to research on recent and pastbigamycases. And guess what, after thorough research I found no pending or past bigamy cases in India. You mentionedin your interview that you started this bigamy case very well knowing that it is a social crime because it happens in the indian society and ppl start accepting it in the long run. My question to you is on what basis and references have you come to the conclusion ? In my knowledge and experience with ppl I would not agree to your statement because no human being with an ounce of morality would accept any such bigamous relationship or illegal relationship.

<font color="#ff0000">There is'nt any such bigamy cases in India which can be referred to where a bigamous relationship has been accepted.</font> On the contrary there was a case in Kashmir awhile back where a muslim (although in islam a man could marrymore than , it is prohibited now)husband was charged with bigamy and sentenced to 10 years to omprisonment.

Thank you MMG!

On what basis are you showing this disgraceful track on national television ? Indian society should walk on the steps of progressiveness andnot go back and embrace prehistoric methods. There was a time whenyoung girls and women would be burned alive on the death bed of their dead husband as an evil custom Sati. We do practice Sati anymore ?Do we? No.Then why BIGAMY? <font color="#ff0000">Why disgracing the sanctity of Marraige ? Anyways ,ppl are already losing faith in marraige. The divorce rate is going up everywhere. </font>

<font color="#ff0000"></font>

This bigamous relationship needs to end. <font color="#ff0000">There should be positive vibes and characters in your serial who inspire your audiences.</font>We already know that the society comprises of evil . Now you need to show the consequences of evil ? Do not try to justify evil crimes,but redeem yourself by correcting them.

accepted by whom? the parties, or the judge?

A judge will hardly accept such a relationship - that's a given surely??

What is disgraceful to you is fictional entertainment, albeit far fetched and boring, for others

As for the sanctity of marriage, even for where you live I'm sure, the stats will tell you howsanctimoniously precious that relationship is held....marriage is no longer the marker by which a stable socially acceptablerelationshipis necessarily going to succeed

Mr Bhusan I dont think has a lot to do with divorce rates or indeed is he any form of contributory factor in encouraging the practice of bigamy.

His sole point is to get people talking about his show and to give it attention - which is exactly what you and I are doing. He is not a moral policeman or a custodian for law protection orenforcement

Characters do at times have positive vibes and are inspiring - but if they were like that all the time they would not reflect reality and therein lies the point - life for some people does include non socially acceptable relationships, to pretend these relationships dont exist is delusional

Finally insofar as bigamy cases are concerned, you'd only get to know about them if someone complained....I'd bet my pocket's worth there are loads of guys living with more than one wife at the same time and that they are living perfectly happily too...they have their reasons....

This is not the first serial to show bigamy, Sajan Ghar Jaana Hai actually went so far as to condone it....

<font color="#ff0000">Underlined. I meant in the sentence thata bigamous relationship is not acepted by anyone.</font>

I beg to differ.
hussainramso IF-Sizzlerz
hussainramso
hussainramso

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 9:02am | IP Logged
Sorry screwed up post. Here's what I said
Thank you MMG!

corvette

roody24 Newbie
roody24
roody24

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
He looks like a Gunda himself.

No wonder most of his shows are about educated girls of decent families ending up with illiterate hoodlums! So much for the empowerment of women!

You just see women in the kitchen and making love with these Gundas!
rgattu Senior Member
rgattu
rgattu

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 12:11am | IP Logged
Hi

I live in a city in India and i know 3 different couples where the husband is having more than one wife.

1st - my uncle's best friend, 3 daughters with first wife, married another woman - had a son. He has enough family money, has a government job (he is an engineer by BTW) and looks after both families. There was no contact between both wives or kids forever. But recently when the daughter got married, every body came together.

2nd - my mum's colleague's(teacher) husband (who is younger than her by 4 years, love marriage) has another wife. Aunty and he had an argument years ago and he went back to Chennai and after 6 months his mom got him married to another woman. And then he was missing aunty and daughter something terrbile and came back to them, but then the other woman was pregnant. moved them to Hyd and now he has 2 families. (they are not that old)

3rd - my domestic help, she is her dad's second wife's daughter. But she or her mum have no problem with it. they say he looks after both families and they live 3 or 4 houses apart.

These are cases that I know personally. Other than these gosisp/rumours of many such relationships.

My maid's mom is very philosophical about it, she says "he is a man and he has a roving eye...what can i do..if i reject him then i will be alone...and even if i find another man...how do i know he wont do the same...atleast this is a known devil..."Unhappy

yes it prevails all over and many a blind eye is turned!

Dreamygal301

corvette IF-Rockerz
corvette
corvette

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 5:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by roody24

He looks like a Gunda himself.

No wonder most of his shows are about educated girls of decent families ending up with illiterate hoodlums! So much for the empowerment of women!

You just see women in the kitchen and making love with these Gundas!

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

What else would you have them do?????LOLLOLLOLLOL

Needs must be met, hunger is such a thing!LOLLOLLOL

corvette IF-Rockerz
corvette
corvette

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 6:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rgattu

Hi

I live in a city in India and i know 3 different couples where the husband is having more than one wife.

1st - my uncle's best friend, 3 daughters with first wife, married another woman - had a son. He has enough family money, has a government job (he is an engineer by BTW) and looks after both families. There was no contact between both wives or kids forever. But recently when the daughter got married, every body came together.

2nd - my mum's colleague's(teacher) husband (who is younger than her by 4 years, love marriage) has another wife. Aunty and he had an argument years ago and he went back to Chennai and after 6 months his mom got him married to another woman. And then he was missing aunty and daughter something terrbile and came back to them, but then the other woman was pregnant. moved them to Hyd and now he has 2 families. (they are not that old)

3rd - my domestic help, she is her dad's second wife's daughter. But she or her mum have no problem with it. they say he looks after both families and they live 3 or 4 houses apart.

These are cases that I know personally. Other than these gosisp/rumours of many such relationships.

My maid's mom is very philosophical about it, she says "he is a man and he has a roving eye...what can i do..if i reject him then i will be alone...and even if i find another man...how do i know he wont do the same...atleast this is a known devil..."Unhappy

yes it prevails all over and many a blind eye is turned!

kudos to you for sharing and speaking up- hopefully the writer of this post will acknowledge and comment on your real life experience, which clearly shows the existence and prevalance of such relationships....rightly or wrongly

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

rgattuDreamygal301....Poojie....

Go to top