Pratigya

India-Forums

   
Pratigya
Pratigya

Mr Bhushan in your words BIGAMY is a social crime. (Page 2)

Mitrashakti Goldie
Mitrashakti
Mitrashakti

Joined: 04 December 2008
Posts: 2174

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tanthya


Anu,,

Bigamy is very much there in India even among the so  called educated ppl ..Just bec cases have not been lodged doesn't mean that Bigamy does not exist ..

What SB has said is quite accurate ..

will detail later..now time for me to go

Good day..
Bye Tanths. Has the society changed at all or what is happening? This is not a progressive society at all. I am surprised that this is going on and the law does not have any say. Unfortunate.

k_83 Groupbie
k_83
k_83

Joined: 18 August 2010
Posts: 169

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 3:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anusarkar

Originally posted by tanthya


Anu,,

Bigamy is very much there in India even among the so  called educated ppl ..Just bec cases have not been lodged doesn't mean that Bigamy does not exist ..

What SB has said is quite accurate ..

will detail later..now time for me to go

Good day..
Bye Tanths. Has the society changed at all or what is happening? This is not a progressive society at all. I am surprised that this is going on and the law does not have any say. Unfortunate.


Anuji , I think cv's r not getting our POV.  we know that Bigamy is in India but at the same time as u said it's in villages due to lack of education and law knowledge. But cities r progressing as compared to earlier days. Divorces is happening but Bigamy is less in the big city becoz people are aware of  the law. But it is diiffer .in small and native places. If this serial will show the consequences of Bigamy so at least some of them will come to know the fact. Even educated people will come to know the punishment of Bigamy. We know that there r lot of problems still our society is facing so u guys r only showing the problems but what about solutions for that?E.G. If the person is ill don't show the causes of illness first give him medicine otherwise that person will not be cure and he will spread his illness to other person. I know this is  reel life but if it gives good things to our society for progress so it should be always welcome from us. As everybody is saying nowadays. Television is playing a major role in  our life. so give the justice to that social issues. we hope there would be positive response from u.
Mili27 Goldie
Mili27
Mili27

Joined: 10 December 2010
Posts: 1622

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 3:48pm | IP Logged
I agree that cases of bigamy do happen. Have you heard of the famous Kuchipudi dancer, Raja Reddy, well, he is married to two sisters at the same time. However this is also true that in such a case, one of the wives is a silent victim. Arusi's case is more repugnant as she is aware of KN's mal-intentions but still accepts him as his spouse. The fact the CVs show that the Saxy sisters have a choice about the consummation of marr. is difficult to digest. Waiting for 21 days is a kiddish ploy used by the CVs to uphold A's non-existent purity!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ekta76lighthousepier

Mitrashakti Goldie
Mitrashakti
Mitrashakti

Joined: 04 December 2008
Posts: 2174

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 4:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by k_83

Originally posted by anusarkar

Originally posted by tanthya


Anu,,

Bigamy is very much there in India even among the so  called educated ppl ..Just bec cases have not been lodged doesn't mean that Bigamy does not exist ..

What SB has said is quite accurate ..

will detail later..now time for me to go

Good day..
Bye Tanths. Has the society changed at all or what is happening? This is not a progressive society at all. I am surprised that this is going on and the law does not have any say. Unfortunate.


Anuji , I think cv's r not getting our POV.  we know that Bigamy is in India but at the same time as u said it's in villages due to lack of education and law knowledge. But cities r progressing as compared to earlier days. Divorces is happening but Bigamy is less in the big city becoz people are aware of  the law. But it is diiffer .in small and native places. If this serial will show the consequences of Bigamy so at least some of them will come to know the fact. Even educated people will come to know the punishment of Bigamy. We know that there r lot of problems still our society is facing so u guys r only showing the problems but what about solutions for that?E.G. If the person is ill don't show the causes of illness first give him medicine otherwise that person will not be cure and he will spread his illness to other person. I know this is  reel life but if it gives good things to our society for progress so it should be always welcome from us. As everybody is saying nowadays. Television is playing a major role in  our life. so give the justice to that social issues. we hope there would be positive response from u.
 
Hello ,
 
Since television is a great way to spread awakening and message, that is exactly what I am trying to say that the consequences should be shown even more. The work does not end by only showing the crimes, the punishment should be shown too. This is the only way ppl will know that there is a way out.
 
Anu 
Mitrashakti Goldie
Mitrashakti
Mitrashakti

Joined: 04 December 2008
Posts: 2174

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 4:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mili97

I agree that cases of bigamy do happen. Have you heard of the famous Kuchipudi dancer, Raja Reddy, well, he is married to two sisters at the same time. However this is also true that in such a case, one of the wives is a silent victim. Arusi's case is more repugnant as she is aware of KN's mal-intentions but still accepts him as his spouse. The fact the CVs show that the Saxy sisters have a choice about the consummation of marr. is difficult to digest. Waiting for 21 days is a kiddish ploy used by the CVs to uphold A's non-existent purity!
 
 Hi Mili,
 
 You are absolutely right.Arushi's case is very important because she knowingly pursued a married man. And above all she was aware of Kesar's condition. That is a crime itself. She is equally responsible as Shakti here. And about the 21 days,this is hilarious. I have no idea what is the significance of this. I think the only reason could be that Aa in these 21 days will realize her mistake and walk out not consumating the relationship. The way Shakti's character is shown actually makes me laugh.A monster like Shakti who has always lusted for Aarushi suddenly respecting the rules . Its a joke. Shakti is an abuser, a baby killer, a molester. A man with such a great resume does not change overnight. He is pure evil and he should be behind bars. The cvs should know that we are aware that there is evil in the society. So the question should be.What can be done ? One of my friend's mom have come to visit her and the other dat she mentioned that it is difficult an ddangerous for women of any age to be on the streets of Delhi after dark hours( around 7pm). Numerous women have been kidnapped and assaulted  and after the haenous crimes they just get dumped.  I was just shocked to here that there are numerous cases about domestic violence where women are been burned due to different reasons. But she also mentioned that there are more ppl coming up and reporting crimes and the culprits are getting punished.
 
Talk to you more later.
 
Anu  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mili27

Mili27 Goldie
Mili27
Mili27

Joined: 10 December 2010
Posts: 1622

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 4:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anusarkar

[QUOTE=Mili97]I agree that cases of bigamy do happen. Have you heard of the famous Kuchipudi dancer, Raja Reddy, well, he is married to two sisters at the same time. However this is also true that in such a case, one of the wives is a silent victim. Arusi's case is more repugnant as she is aware of KN's mal-intentions but still accepts him as his spouse. The fact the CVs show that the Saxy sisters have a choice about the consummation of marr. is difficult to digest. Waiting for 21 days is a kiddish ploy used by the CVs to uphold A's non-existent purity!
 
 Hi Mili,
 
 You are absolutely right.Arushi's case is very important because she knowingly pursued a married man. And above all she was aware of Kesar's condition. That is a crime itself. She is equally responsible as Shakti here. And about the 21 days,this is hilarious. I have no idea what is the significance of this. I think the only reason could be that Aa in these 21 days will realize her mistake and walk out not consumating the relationship. The way Shakti's character is shown actually makes me laugh.A monster like Shakti who has always lusted for Aarushi suddenly respecting the rules . Its a joke. Shakti is an abuser, a baby killer, a molester. A man with such a great resume does not change overnight. He is pure evil and he should be behind bars. The cvs should know that we are aware that there is evil in the society. So the question should be.What can be done ? One of my friend's mom have come to visit her and the other dat she mentioned that it is difficult an ddangerous for women of any age to be on the streets of Delhi after dark hours( around 7pm). Numerous women have been kidnapped and assaulted  and after the haenous crimes they just get dumped.  I was just shocked to here that there are numerous cases about domestic violence where women are been burned due to different reasons. But she also mentioned that there are more ppl coming up and reporting crimes and the culprits are getting punished.
 
Talk to you more later.
 
Anu  
 
Actually, Anu, we should be marvelling at the ingenuity of the script writers, SB included. They not only gave us a moral terror called Shakti but have also showed us the reason he behaved the way he did. We should understand the circumstances in which he committed those crimes. You see, he was married to a dark complexioned woman!!! Now that he is married to the beautiful woman of his choice, we can see the real Shakti coming out. The cute, innocent, childlike, lovelorn, obedient, romantic one. BAH!!!Angry 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lighthousepier

corvette IF-Rockerz
corvette
corvette

Joined: 06 June 2006
Posts: 5266

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 5:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anusarkar

Hello Mr Bhushan,
 
Your remarks in your recent  interview inspired me to research on recent and past bigamy cases. And guess what, after thorough research I found no pending or past bigamy cases in India. You mentioned in your interview  that you started this bigamy case very well knowing that it is a social  crime because it happens in the indian society and ppl start accepting it in the long run. My question to you is on what basis and references have you come to the conclusion ? In my knowledge and experience with ppl I would not agree to your statement because no  human being with  an ounce of morality would accept any such bigamous relationship or illegal relationship.
 
There is'nt  any such bigamy cases in India which can be referred to where a bigamous relationship has been accepted. On the contrary there was a case in Kashmir awhile back where a muslim (although in islam a man could marry more than , it is prohibited now) husband was charged with bigamy and sentenced to 10 years to omprisonment. 
 
On what basis are you showing this disgraceful track on national television ? Indian society should walk on the steps of progressiveness and not go back and embrace prehistoric methods. There was a time when young girls and women would be burned alive on the death bed of their dead husband as an evil custom Sati. We do practice Sati anymore ?Do we? No. Then why BIGAMY ? Why disgracing the sanctity of Marraige ? Anyways ,ppl are already losing faith in marraige. The divorce rate is going up everywhere.
 
This bigamous relationship needs to end. There should be positive vibes and characters in your serial who inspire your audiences. We already know that the society comprises of evil . Now you need to show the consequences of evil ?  Do not try to justify evil crimes,but redeem yourself by correcting them.
  

accepted by whom? the parties, or the judge?
A judge will hardly accept such a relationship - that's a given surely??

What is disgraceful to you is fictional entertainment, albeit far fetched and boring, for others

As for the sanctity of marriage, even for where you live I'm sure, the stats will tell you how sanctimoniously precious that relationship is held....marriage is no longer the  marker by which a stable socially acceptable relationship is necessarily going to succeed

Mr Bhusan I dont think has a lot to do with divorce rates or indeed is he any form of contributory factor in encouraging the practice of bigamy.

His sole point is to get people talking about his show and to give it attention - which is exactly what you and I are doing. He is not a moral policeman or a custodian for law protection or enforcement

Characters do at times have positive vibes and are inspiring - but if they were like that all the time they would not reflect reality and therein lies the point - life for some people does include non socially acceptable relationships, to pretend these relationships dont exist is delusional

Finally insofar as bigamy cases are concerned, you'd only get to know about them if someone complained....I'd bet my pocket's worth there are loads of guys living with more than one wife at the same time and that they are living perfectly happily too...they have their reasons....

This is not the first serial to show bigamy, Sajan Ghar Jaana Hai actually went so far as to condone it....


The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pallaiMili27Dreamygal301

Mitrashakti Goldie
Mitrashakti
Mitrashakti

Joined: 04 December 2008
Posts: 2174

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 7:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Madmadgirl

Originally posted by anusarkar

Hello Mr Bhushan,
 
Your remarks in your recent  interview inspired me to research on recent and past bigamy cases. And guess what, after thorough research I found no pending or past bigamy cases in India. You mentioned in your interview  that you started this bigamy case very well knowing that it is a social  crime because it happens in the indian society and ppl start accepting it in the long run. My question to you is on what basis and references have you come to the conclusion ? In my knowledge and experience with ppl I would not agree to your statement because no  human being with  an ounce of morality would accept any such bigamous relationship or illegal relationship.
 
There is'nt  any such bigamy cases in India which can be referred to where a bigamous relationship has been accepted. On the contrary there was a case in Kashmir awhile back where a muslim (although in islam a man could marry more than , it is prohibited now) husband was charged with bigamy and sentenced to 10 years to omprisonment. 
 
On what basis are you showing this disgraceful track on national television ? Indian society should walk on the steps of progressiveness and not go back and embrace prehistoric methods. There was a time when young girls and women would be burned alive on the death bed of their dead husband as an evil custom Sati. We do practice Sati anymore ?Do we? No. Then why BIGAMY ? Why disgracing the sanctity of Marraige ? Anyways ,ppl are already losing faith in marraige. The divorce rate is going up everywhere.
 
This bigamous relationship needs to end. There should be positive vibes and characters in your serial who inspire your audiences. We already know that the society comprises of evil . Now you need to show the consequences of evil ?  Do not try to justify evil crimes,but redeem yourself by correcting them.
  

accepted by whom? the parties, or the judge?
A judge will hardly accept such a relationship - that's a given surely??

What is disgraceful to you is fictional entertainment, albeit far fetched and boring, for others

As for the sanctity of marriage, even for where you live I'm sure, the stats will tell you how sanctimoniously precious that relationship is held....marriage is no longer the  marker by which a stable socially acceptable relationship is necessarily going to succeed

Mr Bhusan I dont think has a lot to do with divorce rates or indeed is he any form of contributory factor in encouraging the practice of bigamy.

His sole point is to get people talking about his show and to give it attention - which is exactly what you and I are doing. He is not a moral policeman or a custodian for law protection or enforcement

Characters do at times have positive vibes and are inspiring - but if they were like that all the time they would not reflect reality and therein lies the point - life for some people does include non socially acceptable relationships, to pretend these relationships dont exist is delusional

Finally insofar as bigamy cases are concerned, you'd only get to know about them if someone complained....I'd bet my pocket's worth there are loads of guys living with more than one wife at the same time and that they are living perfectly happily too...they have their reasons....

This is not the first serial to show bigamy, Sajan Ghar Jaana Hai actually went so far as to condone it....


Underlined. I meant in the sentence that a bigamous relationship is not acepted by anyone.

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
No words for this Katra Naresh!!>:(

2 3

Author: she_ratchet   Replies: 19   Views: 1455

she_ratchet 19 1455 24 August 2010 at 11:07pm by Shreyacool
The golden parting words today !!!!!

2 3

Author: gees   Replies: 18   Views: 1812

gees 18 1812 21 August 2010 at 12:00pm by gees
Actors get social using Facebook

Author: SecretKhabri420   Replies: 1   Views: 739

SecretKhabri420 1 739 05 August 2010 at 4:25am by minuu
Article-Actors get social using Facebook(KUNAL)

Author: pankhi   Replies: 1   Views: 825

pankhi 1 825 05 August 2010 at 2:20am by ....Poojie....
Pratigya: SOCIAL EVIL OR SOCIAL ISSUE

2

Author: --Hope--   Replies: 11   Views: 1786

--Hope-- 11 1786 12 June 2010 at 2:42pm by laks76

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Pratigya Topic Index

  • Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index