Pratigya

India-Forums

Pratigya
Pratigya

Mr Bhushan in your words BIGAMY is a social crime.

Mitrashakti Goldie
Mitrashakti
Mitrashakti

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
Hello Mr Bhushan,

Your remarks in your recent  interview inspired me to research on recent and past bigamy cases. And guess what, after thorough research I found no pending or past bigamy cases in India. You mentioned in your interview  that you started this bigamy case very well knowing that it is a social  crime because it happens in the indian society and ppl start accepting it in the long run. My question to you is on what basis and references have you come to the conclusion ? In my knowledge and experience with ppl I would not agree to your statement because no  human being with  an ounce of morality would accept any such bigamous relationship or illegal relationship.

There is'nt  any such bigamy cases in India which can be referred to where a bigamous relationship has been accepted. On the contrary there was a case in Kashmir awhile back where a muslim (although in islam a man could marry more than , it is prohibited now) husband was charged with bigamy and sentenced to 10 years to omprisonment. 

On what basis are you showing this disgraceful track on national television ? Indian society should walk on the steps of progressiveness and not go back and embrace prehistoric methods. There was a time when young girls and women would be burned alive on the death bed of their dead husband as an evil custom Sati. We do practice Sati anymore ?Do we? No. Then why BIGAMY ? Why disgracing the sanctity of Marraige ? Anyways ,ppl are already losing faith in marraige. The divorce rate is going up everywhere.

This bigamous relationship needs to end. There should be positive vibes and characters in your serial who inspire your audiences. We already know that the society comprises of evil . Now you need to show the consequences of evil ?  Do not try to justify evil crimes,but redeem yourself by correcting them.

tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anusarkar

Hello Mr Bhushan,

Your remarks in your recent  interview inspired me to research on recent and past bigamy cases. And guess what, after thorough research I found no pending or past bigamy cases in India. You mentioned in your interview  that you started this bigamy case very well knowing that it is a social  crime because it happens in the indian society and ppl start accepting it in the long run. My question to you is on what basis and references have you come to the conclusion ? In my knowledge and experience with ppl I would not agree to your statement because no  human being with  an ounce of morality would accept any such bigamous relationship or illegal relationship.

There is'nt  any such bigamy cases in India which can be referred to where a bigamous relationship has been accepted. On the contrary there was a case in Kashmir awhile back where a muslim (although in islam a man could marry more than , it is prohibited now) husband was charged with bigamy and sentenced to 10 years to omprisonment. 

On what basis are you showing this disgraceful track on national television ? Indian society should walk on the steps of progressiveness and not go back and embrace prehistoric methods. There was a time when young girls and women would be burned alive on the death bed of their dead husband as an evil custom Sati. We do practice Sati anymore ?Do we? No. Then why BIGAMY ? Why disgracing the sanctity of Marraige ? Anyways ,ppl are already losing faith in marraige. The divorce rate is going up everywhere.

This bigamous relationship needs to end. There should be positive vibes and characters in your serial who inspire your audiences. We already know that the society comprises of evil . Now you need to show the consequences of evil ?  Do not try to justify evil crimes,but redeem yourself by correcting them.

Dharmendra-Prakash-Hema Malini ...case is one famous case of bigamy

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

corvette

Mitrashakti Goldie
Mitrashakti
Mitrashakti

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tanthya

Hello Mr Bhushan,

Did  Dharmendra get a divorce from Prakash after the case was filed ?  He is married to Hema right now. 
tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 1:18pm | IP Logged

Hello Mr Bhushan,

Did  Dharmendra get a divorce from Prakash after the case was filed ?  He is married to Hema right now. 

he is living with both of them

Aeryn Goldie
Aeryn
Aeryn

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 1:32pm | IP Logged
Anu bigamy does exist in India

I've recently watch a documentary where it was shown that an indian man married his wife's sister (while said wife was alive).....he was living with both of them as husband and wife (or wives in this case) and apparently it was well accepted in their village
Mitrashakti Goldie
Mitrashakti
Mitrashakti

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 1:33pm | IP Logged

Hello Mr Bhushan,

he is living with both of them

On August 21, 1979 he converted to Islam, changed his name to Dilawar Khan, got married to actress Hema Malini, as his first wife, Prakash Kaur, refused to divorce him. In accordance with the Hindu Marriage Act it is illegal for a Hindu to get re-married when his first wife is still alive. Two Congress party-members have launched law-suits against him under section 420 of the Indian Penal Code in this connection as he failed to make a declaration of his religion when he joined the Janata Party. But since1985 there is no rule that a hindu can be converted to islam to escape from bigamy. This law was not active when he got married to Hema and so when he converted to islam and married he could not be legally charged with bigamy. This is a different situation which the writers are depicting in the serial. 

Mitrashakti Goldie
Mitrashakti
Mitrashakti

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aeryn

Anu bigamy does exist in India

I've recently watch a documentary where it was shown that an indian man married his wife's sister (while said wife was alive).....he was living with both of them as husband and wife (or wives in this case) and apparently it was well accepted in their village
As you said in a village where ppl are not educated and does not know the rights. In the serial this bigamous relationship is been shown in a metropolitan city Allahabad. That is what I am trying to say that there should be an awakening to such crimes. The consequences should be shown.
tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 1:42pm | IP Logged

Anu,,

Bigamy is very much there in India even among the so  called educated ppl ..Just bec cases have not been lodged doesn't mean that Bigamy does not exist ..

What SB has said is quite accurate ..

will detail later..now time for me to go

Good day..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lighthousepier

Go to top