India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Dutta's questions on the mirror of mutual trust

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 12:14pm | IP Logged

Dutta's unfaltering relationship with the mirror of his soul and the dreams within.

CV's have always been generous when it came to using symbolism to portray Dutta's pain and anguish. I will skip all the scenes where Dutta reaffirms his trust in his choice of Nakusha as his wife as we will have plenty of opportunities in the coming days to write and analyse that important foundation of DN's relationship with Seema's re-entry in LTL. Some may argue that it is mere trivia but I find the vulnerable Dutta scrutinising the mirror every time he needs to reaffirm his faith in himself or what he believes in, extraordinary. Indeed, every time he pores in that otherwise nondescript mirror in his room, he strengthens the image of emotional integrity that he possesses for all that matters to him in life, especially in relation to matters of the heart. Today he had Nakusha's koyal image in his hands while looking at that mirror. And that was unique and beautiful as it was not a false sense of vanity or arrogance but an invitation for all to see him as he is, a man true to himself and his ideals of love which should be absolutely inviolate, hence his anger at the Gori Nakusha. For Dutta, the mirror becomes the platform where he bares his soul for us to see the depth of his feelings and emotions for Nakusha, the woman he loves and idolises totally.

Today he showed us all the mirror of his relationship where in very few words he explains, that the fact that Nakusha, in choosing to reveal herself to others as opposed to him first, is important in his eyes and that this will always constitute the most primary source of betrayal for him. And he is right as all relationships act as a mirror in which to perceive clearly that which is right and that which is wrong. Were I to attempt and describe Dutta's state of mind today, I would venture by saying that it is necessary to focus with diligence on the rapport between a man and a woman or any other two individuals for that matter and not be blinded by prejudice, opinions, beliefs. Something which has always been beyond Nakusha for many reasons, be, it time, circumstances or invalid forms of coercion from her immediate surroundings. Because, however poignant a relationship is, we cannot see clearly, without bias. The silent questions that Dutta asked himself while looking at that nondescript mirror could be a reflection of the turmoil that his soul has been through since the FR and they could be as follows:

Do I know who I am and who that person I can see is?

Am I worthy and deserving of unconditional love?

Whilst I know how I would like someone love me, do I love myself in the   same way?

Do I trust and accept all the different parts of my own self?

And last, don't I simply deserve to be loved and accepted for who I am, for my real self?

In Dutta's case, the emotional relationship/journey he was to start with Nakusha on his wedding night was supposed to be a process of self-revelation as in the recognition and acknowlegement of the individual image, mutual trust, comprehension and the feelings both Nakusha and he are supposed to share in the material and spiritual sense. This should have, actually, been the essence of their first day as a married couple. What happened on that night is history and a perversion of dreams that Dutta had of a life full of honesty and chastity because of this single but fatal misjudgment by Nakusha. The script will demand that there, eventually, be an end to this raging conflict within two very vulnerable individuals but one should in real life strive hard to avoid such mishaps as it can wreck any relationship forever.

I wrote sometimes back that "unlike the first time when Dutta fell in love with Seema and could not even bring himself to embrace her in the photo shop, the second time when he was led to believe that in Supriya, he had found "love", courtesy, Nakusha, he has this time round, been dealt the ultimate blow. His pride has taken the most undignified battering. His dream with the image of the one person he cherished above all, i.e. his Naku had been altered. And he was not even privy to this when everyone around him had the privilege to witness this new vision of his love. Only a fool would take such a gross misdemeanour lying down and he has to fight back to save his dignity, self-respect, and save the core of his existence, the ethereal love he had finally unearthed in the earthy Nakusha." And this was exactly what Dutta echoed in his first coherent exchange with AS today where he added the element I had missed out, which was his very own perception of trust he expects from Nakusha and that he keeps searching by default in that nondescript mirror in his room .

Today's episode was exhilarating to say the least and is a positive sign for the test of endurance that will befall both Dutta and Nakusha. Whilst Dutta reaffirms his strength as a man with utmost emotional integrity to the point that he is not ready to compromise and forgive Nakusha, the latter gave us a confirmation of her absolute trust in her husband and God to see her through the rocky patch ahead. And the LTL fairy tale continues!Smile

Would love to hear ur comments.

Edited by KavitaDR - 20 December 2010 at 7:40pm

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

dikuloloGooddshipsnotsorrysasha_1mozart66kiran255bfunofbb123-Carrie-MelodiousDreamssuhana19ushankitvcmeghapartiPrinsesse.Suvi--Sia---Huma-

Goodd Senior Member
Goodd
Goodd

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
   Very nicely written Kavita. Keep on writing. Thnx Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KavitaDR

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
@Goodd  
Very nicely written Kavita. Keep on writing. Thnx Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up[/QUOTE]

Thank you Goodd. It is greatly appreciated. Smile

notsorry Senior Member
notsorry
notsorry

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 5:47pm | IP Logged
@KavitaDR - As always you have been the one to see beyond the general story and has the ability to read the characters, the happiness and their internal conflicts and relate this to this e-LS and life experiences, as well as see the symbolisms that are associated with each display of mannerisms and/or monologues and dialogues.  Wish I could interpret this wonderful story as you have but unfortunately I am not expressive with words as I can see from your vast knowledge bank.  Thanks again for your fervent post.

Edited by nizam13 - 20 December 2010 at 5:48pm

KavitaDR

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 7:52pm | IP Logged
@nizam13

As always you have been the one to see beyond the general story and has the ability to read the characters, the happiness and their internal conflicts and relate this to this e-LS and life experiences, as well as see the symbolisms that are associated with each display of mannerisms and/or monologues and dialogues.  Wish I could interpret this wonderful story as you have but unfortunately I am not expressive with words as I can see from your vast knowledge bank.  Thanks again for your fervent post. [/QUOTE]

Dear Aneesa,

Thank you for the kind words. I sometimes wonder whether I am reading more into what is at the end of the day an E-LS and have been tempted to just give up on sharing my thoughts. But then, I cant fight the amazing power that Laagi tujhse lagan seem to have in terms of what it offers as a study of complexities that reside in all of us and that we, inadvertently, let out in the form of  "mannerisms and/or monologues and dialogues " as you point out.

Or may be that it is the idealist in Dutta that I sometimes align myself with. Whatever be the reasoning, LTL touches the core of my soul somehow. I should actually admonish myself for admitting to this on such a public forum, but it is the truth. Embarrassed

notsorry

-Carrie- IF-Rockerz
-Carrie-
-Carrie-

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 11:35pm | IP Logged
As alwayss wonderfully written,Kavita Clap Fantastic! Smile

Just a bit of doubt though which I'm hoping you'd clear for me. I have always firmly believed that when D is finally brought face to face with this reality of his lover the only question that is going to haunt him eternally is that why did Nakusha not reveal her story to him when he was pouring out his heart to her 8 months ago which he wouldn't have thought possible of him before he met her? I still think that its not the fact that others knew of her face before he did during the wedding that pains him most. The fact that's shaken him to the core is that she was bringing love,healing,happiness & hope with a soot mask firmly in place on her own face for almost a year.Did she not trust him even when he put his life in danger fighting Morey twice? To him that means him being a gangster does play a part in Nakusha's perception of him.We as audience understand well its not so but I feel D does not.After all common people are a bit wary of criminal types.The line that holds a lot of meaning for me was "8 mahino se mere ghar mein hain, kiska dar tha use,kaun uspe buri nazar daalne ki himmat karta" .No one.Absolutely no one except D himself.This painful heart wrenching thought is what hurting D to the core.That she thought his neeyat might become khoti after seeing her. Not that she chose his family over him to reveal her truth first.Of course he says she knew he hated beautiful faces but this belief of his came to the fore only after Supriya ran away.He is thinking of the time before that.He asks twice of his mother " Kyon nahin kiya mere pe vishvass?" "Shaadi ki raat khulasa kiya" Only when he married her she felt safe enough to reveal her face.This confirms that he is hurt very much by her distrust.

Maybe I got it wrong.What do you think?Smile

Edited by ZubyDutta - 21 December 2010 at 12:04am

meghaparti

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 1:21am | IP Logged
@ZubyDutta
As alwayss wonderfully written,Kavita Clap Fantastic! Smile

Just a bit of doubt though which I'm hoping you'd clear for me. I have always firmly believed that when D is finally brought face to face with this reality of his lover the only question that is going to haunt him eternally is that why did Nakusha not reveal her story to him when he was pouring out his heart to her 8 months ago which he wouldn't have thought possible of him before he met her? I still think that its not the fact that others knew of her face before he did during the wedding that pains him most. The fact that's shaken him to the core is that she was bringing love,healing,happiness & hope with a soot mask firmly in place on her own face for almost a year.Did she not trust him even when he put his life in danger fighting Morey twice? To him that means him being a gangster does play a part in Nakusha's perception of him.We as audience understand well its not so but I feel D does not.After all common people are a bit wary of criminal types.The line that holds a lot of meaning for me was "8 mahino se mere ghar mein hain, kiska dar tha use,kaun uspe buri nazar daalne ki himmat karta" .No one.Absolutely no one except D himself.This painful heart wrenching thought is what hurting D to the core.That she thought his neeyat might become khoti after seeing her. Not that she chose his family over him to reveal her truth first.Of course he says she knew he hated beautiful faces but this belief of his came to the fore only after Supriya ran away.He is thinking of the time before that.He asks twice of his mother " Kyon nahin kiya mere pe vishvass?" "Shaadi ki raat khulasa kiya" Only when he married her she felt safe enough to reveal her face.This confirms that he is hurt very much by her distrust.

Maybe I got it wrong.What do you think?Smile

Dear Zuby,

Very valid question and to be totally honest there is no valid answer, as even to me, all the different reasons that have floated around this issue have never really grazed the surface of the problem. I know that I might be inviting lots of arguments by saying so, but I feel that Nakusha never, really, understood why she hid the truth from Dutta. It is not that she did not trust him and just let the poor guy lay his life on the fence for her. As I mention in this thread:

"Were I to attempt and describe Dutta's state of mind today, I would venture by saying that it is necessary to focus with diligence on the rapport between a man and a woman or any other two individuals for that matter and not be blinded by prejudice, opinions, beliefs. Something which has always been beyond Nakusha for many reasons, be, it time, circumstances or invalid forms of coercion from her immediate surroundings. Because, however poignant a relationship is, we cannot see clearly, without bias."

To be totally simplistic, i would say that it was Nakusha's "inflated "sense of understanding for Dutta that brought her to her knees even pre FR. She knew very well that she was wrong but just went on with a parody because it was already too late. Nature decrees that there is a time for everything and she had missed the boat a long time ago. That is why I mention circumstances or invalid forms of coercion which have no foundations whatsoever. Actually, the whole story of LTL holds on to a very flimsy line and that is exactly Nakusha's problem, she had very flimsy or no reasons at all as soon as she stepped in Patil Niwas where she herself confirmed that she is not afraid of Dutta as he is her saviour. I refer here to the scene where she catches Dutta playing the LTL tune on his mouth organ and subsequently the Bar scene where she refuses to leave Dutta alone. Or may be that she became selfish and just wanted to hold on to Dutta's unconditional love for her............That is open to debate!

Confused

Edited by KavitaDR - 21 December 2010 at 4:57am

-Carrie-

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top