Posted: 22 December 2010 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ankit_nyc

Originally posted by AkhMastani

Originally posted by xobile

I honestly don't think anything was worse this year than what we've witnessed in the past. We all seem to forget Himesh's constant nagging, his stupid catch phrases, and his arguing. Others may find that entertaining, but I beg to differ. What kind of reasonable comments are we missing this season?
Remember  a time when the mentors themselves used to get
competitive near the finals because they wanted their OWN gharana to win, and not the most deserving candidate? They would badmouth other contestants just to put their own over. 
I'm awestruck from seeing their honesty this season, especially from Sajid-Wajid. All of the mentors on the show this season were exactly what their title represents: they're MENTORS, not leaders or captains like we've seen in the past.
 If we want to talk about drama, what about Vinit's love story? That made Bisakh's love story look like NOTHING. What about the Aneek-Sumedha-Amanat love triangle... I'm sure Sumedha's parents were very pleased after seeing what the Zee creative team was insinuating regarding their daughter. A love triangle... please.

Basanti vs a love triangle.. would you rather be Rini's parents or Sumedha's parents?
Oh you don't think the final three contestants were chosen by the people? That's news to me, because I remember when Hemachandra, Vinit and Himani all threatened to leave the show
when Debojit had the highest votes one week. There was more drama that night than there was in this entire season. The show had to kick out either himani or hemachandra as they were BOTH in Aadesh Shrivastav's gharana.
 Guess what, the final three that season were ALL from 3 different gharanas.
Yet again another case of selective amnesia.

Excellent post.

Confused Yeah I am sure Rini parents would much rather have their daughter being married on the stage like she was.........Tongue

You've already mentioned this in the thread, there's no need to repeat it.

Tongue But some people still don't get it.......People are saying this season was not as dramatic  as previous season, and I've listed instances that only happened in this season and not any other........So how does that make this season less dramatic? do low ratings of the show not mean anything......can we blindly keep calling this the best season despite all evidence to the contrary
Tongue
And I have also listed instances that only happened in previous seasons and not this one. So by your logic, how does that make this season MORE dramatic?Tongue

Big smile oh really most people feel the same way you do? the poll about the season't popularity that's open on the forum right now, shows that most peopld didn't liek the show at all this season.........Big smile jao check karo....and the TRP's back that up as well.......Tongue
When did I ever talk about popularity. I was talking about a lack of drama. The TRP's back of the fact that since there was less drama, it was less popular. Were previous seasons more popular? Yes. Were they full of drama?  Yes. See a correlation? Thanks for proving my point buddy.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pinkisluv91

ankit_nyc IF-Rockerz
ankit_nyc
ankit_nyc

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 12:29pm | IP Logged

I honestly don't think anything was worse this year than what we've witnessed in the past. We all seem to forget Himesh's constant nagging, his stupid catch phrases, and his arguing. Others may find that entertaining, but I beg to differ. What kind of reasonable comments are we missing this season?
competitive near the finals because they wanted their OWN gharana to win, and not the most deserving candidate? They would badmouth other contestants just to put their own over. 
I'm awestruck from seeing their honesty this season, especially from Sajid-Wajid. All of the mentors on the show this season were exactly what their title represents: they're MENTORS, not leaders or captains like we've seen in the past.
 If we want to talk about drama, what about Vinit's love story? That made Bisakh's love story look like NOTHING. What about the Aneek-Sumedha-Amanat love triangle... I'm sure Sumedha's parents were very pleased after seeing what the Zee creative team was insinuating regarding their daughter. A love triangle... please.

Basanti vs a love triangle.. would you rather be Rini's parents or Sumedha's parents?
Oh you don't think the final three contestants were chosen by the people? That's news to me, because I remember when Hemachandra, Vinit and Himani all threatened to leave the show
when Debojit had the highest votes one week. There was more drama that night than there was in this entire season. The show had to kick out either himani or hemachandra as they were BOTH in Aadesh Shrivastav's gharana.

Excellent post.

Confused Yeah I am sure Rini parents would much rather have their daughter being married on the stage like she was.........Tongue

Tongue But some people still don't get it.......People are saying this season was not as dramatic  as previous season, and I've listed instances that only happened in this season and not any other........So how does that make this season less dramatic? do low ratings of the show not mean anything......can we blindly keep calling this the best season despite all evidence to the contrary
Tongue
And I have also listed instances that only happened in previous seasons and not this one. So by your logic, how does that make this season MORE dramatic?Tongue
Plus you don't realize that what was done with Rini was happily accepted by her. What was done with Sumedha was done AGAINST her own will. She was very upset about it, as it was only the show's doing through editing and camera work. Again, I never said that what was done with Rini was right. I must stress that so that you don't put words in my mouth again.

Can you list the season where contestatns were married on stage?  I missed that.....Tongue
xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 12:31pm | IP Logged

Excellent post.

Tongue

Undoubtedly you've imbibed this belief from Himesh that people will respond better to anything the more you repeat it, whether in songs, comments or posts. Take that as a compliment.

AkhMastani didn't say there was NO drama this season. He said that it was NO WORSE than what we've seen before in SRGMP. So by saying 'this season also has drama' you are not proving AkhMastani wrong. I find judge's fights and walk outs and standoffs the more offputting sort of drama. Maybe you find fake weddings etc more annoying. I think non acrimonious scripted drama like that is the lesser of two devils.

I am not interested in TRPs because they have a very weak correlation with musical content in my experience. Plus to single out one factor as the cause for low ratings is very crude anyway. Nowhere in AkhMastani's post does it say that this was the best season, and I don't think it was either. So I am not blindly calling it the best season.

Edited by xobile - 22 December 2010 at 12:39pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AkhMastanipinkisluv91

ankit_nyc IF-Rockerz
ankit_nyc
ankit_nyc

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 12:36pm | IP Logged

Big smileIn case some people missed the earlier post.......Mussarat works in a restaurant now.......So not only does he put rotis on his table but on other people's table as well.........Himesh told him muje tumhare table pein roti chahiye and look Mussarat has rotis on his table.......what more do you want Himesh to do for him? this is what Himesh Promised and it is done........Tongue Let's see VS and SW put rotis on people';s table.......Himesh nein to karke dikhaya......Tongue
Tell Himesh to open up a restaurant for the dozens of other people he's promised.
Again, who did SW and VS promise? You never answer this for me Cry

Big smile Roti sirf musarrat ko promise ki thi......and musarat has the roti.......Big smile He should be thankful to Himesh for giving him his 15 minutes of fame.........If musarat were on this season, poor fellow couldn't have even performed and all he would had heard would be chak de fatter and rab rakha.......Tongue 
AkhMastani Senior Member
AkhMastani
AkhMastani

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 12:38pm | IP Logged

Big smileIn case some people missed the earlier post.......Mussarat works in a restaurant now.......So not only does he put rotis on his table but on other people's table as well.........Himesh told him muje tumhare table pein roti chahiye and look Mussarat has rotis on his table.......what more do you want Himesh to do for him? this is what Himesh Promised and it is done........Tongue Let's see VS and SW put rotis on people';s table.......Himesh nein to karke dikhaya......Tongue
Tell Himesh to open up a restaurant for the dozens of other people he's promised.
Again, who did SW and VS promise? You never answer this for me Cry

Big smile Roti sirf musarrat ko promise ki thi......and musarat has the roti.......Big smile He should be thankful to Himesh for giving him his 15 minutes of fame.........If musarat were on this season, poor fellow couldn't have even performed and all he would had heard would be chak de fatter and rab rakha.......Tongue 
Roti musarrat ko promise ki thi, aur KAM bohoth logo se. Again for the 5th/6th time, who did SW and VS promise? You never answer this for me Cry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pinkisluv91

ankit_nyc IF-Rockerz
ankit_nyc
ankit_nyc

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 12:39pm | IP Logged

Excellent post.

Tongue

Undoubtedly you've imbibed this belief from Himesh that people will respond better to anything the more you repeat it, whether in songs, comments or posts. Take that as a compliment.

AkhMastani didn't say there was NO drama this season. S/he said that it was NO WORSE than what we've seen before in SRGMP. So by saying 'this season also has drama' you are not proving AkhMastani wrong. I find judge's fights and walk outs and standoffs the more offputting sort of drama. Maybe you find fake weddings etc more annoying. I think non acrimonious scripted drama like that is the lesser of two devils.

I am not interested in TRPs because they have a very weak correlation with musical content in my experience. Plus to single out one factor as the cause for low ratings is very crude anyway. Nowhere in AkhMastani's post does it say that this was the best season, and I don't think it was either. So I am not blindly calling it the best season.

Tongue Did you feel that this season was a better season then C 05 and C 07? And if so, please tell me why besides the drama angle cause both seasons had their cheap share of drama......Tongue Bisakh's love story, Rini's basanti, Rini's marriage, Sajid And Wajid having their have with the female contestatns, Paaji snatching mics away from contestatns, Body building and wrestling contests on stage........Tongue Is that not enough drama for the season? People are so mad about what happened to Sumedha with her love story, well what bout Rini? the poor girl was married on stage for god's sakes.........Tongue Is saying tumhare ghar mein roti ho worst then hearing rab rakha and chak de fatte after every single performance, good or bad? is walkouts of the show more disturbing then male mentors taking advantage of female contesgtatns?Tongue
xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 12:52pm | IP Logged

Excellent post.

Tongue

AkhMastani didn't say there was NO drama this season. S/he said that it was NO WORSE than what we've seen before in SRGMP. So by saying 'this season also has drama' you are not proving AkhMastani wrong. I find judge's fights and walk outs and standoffs the more offputting sort of drama. Maybe you find fake weddings etc more annoying. I think non acrimonious scripted drama like that is the lesser of two devils.

Tongue Did you feel that this season was a better season then C 05 and C 07? And if so, please tell me why besides the drama angle cause both seasons had their cheap share of drama......Tongue Bisakh's love story, Rini's basanti, Rini's marriage, Sajid And Wajid having their have with the female contestatns, Paaji snatching mics away from contestatns, Body building and wrestling contests on stage........Tongue Is that not enough drama for the season? People are so mad about what happened to Sumedha with her love story, well what bout Rini? the poor girl was married on stage for god's sakes.........Tongue Is saying tumhare ghar mein roti ho worst then hearing rab rakha and chak de fatte after every single performance, good or bad? is walkouts of the show more disturbing then male mentors taking advantage of female contesgtatns?Tongue

I am sorry I am not the right person to answer this because I haven't seen either season fully. As you know, I think the best seasons were the ones with Sonu Nigam because they were designed more as a musical competition and not mass entertainment.

Why do you want me to tell you 'why besides the drama angle' and then ask me to choose between the gimmicks from the seasons? Do you or do you not want to talk about drama? Since you have not made this clear, I will talk about drama. There was lots of drama in this season, as there was in other seasons. But the drama in this season (which includes Rini's marriage and the judges' interruptions as well as mentors hugging people) did not annoy me as much as the drama in the previous seasons because those seasons were full of fighting and angry shouting. 'Chak de phatte' is a common Punjabi exclamation shouted after a good performance. 'Roti' is an Indian flatbread that has nothing to do with the performing arts.

Other things this season had over the previous seasons include a better designed set, no use of 'history' to describe performances, and a very knowledgeable judges' panel. But I don't want to take away from the good contestants and judges of previous seasons who gave us memorable performances too, as did many contestants this season.

Edited by xobile - 22 December 2010 at 1:05pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AkhMastaniHakkaBakkapinkisluv91

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 1:32pm | IP Logged
Ankit, Mussarat owned that restaurant. Big smile The way your phrased your post was not very nice. It makes it seem like you're saying he's serving people. 

Go to top