Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

I am glad srgmp ..... (Page 8)

xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 11:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AkhMastani

I honestly don't think anything was worse this year than what we've witnessed in the past. We all seem to forget Himesh's constant nagging, his stupid catch phrases, and his arguing. Others may find that entertaining, but I beg to differ. What kind of reasonable comments are we missing this season?
Remember  a time when the mentors themselves used to get
competitive near the finals because they wanted their OWN gharana to win, and not the most deserving candidate? They would badmouth other contestants just to put their own over. 
I'm awestruck from seeing their honesty this season, especially from Sajid-Wajid. All of the mentors on the show this season were exactly what their title represents: they're MENTORS, not leaders or captains like we've seen in the past.
 If we want to talk about drama, what about Vinit's love story? That made Bisakh's love story look like NOTHING. What about the Aneek-Sumedha-Amanat love triangle... I'm sure Sumedha's parents were very pleased after seeing what the Zee creative team was insinuating regarding their daughter. A love triangle... please.

Basanti vs a love triangle.. would you rather be Rini's parents or Sumedha's parents?
Oh you don't think the final three contestants were chosen by the people? That's news to me, because I remember when Hemachandra, Vinit and Himani all threatened to leave the show
when Debojit had the highest votes one week. There was more drama that night than there was in this entire season. The show had to kick out either himani or hemachandra as they were BOTH in Aadesh Shrivastav's gharana.
 Guess what, the final three that season were ALL from 3 different gharanas.
Yet again another case of selective amnesia.

Excellent post.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

HakkaBakkapinkisluv91

ankit_nyc IF-Rockerz
ankit_nyc
ankit_nyc

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 11:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by xobile

I honestly don't think anything was worse this year than what we've witnessed in the past. We all seem to forget Himesh's constant nagging, his stupid catch phrases, and his arguing. Others may find that entertaining, but I beg to differ. What kind of reasonable comments are we missing this season?
competitive near the finals because they wanted their OWN gharana to win, and not the most deserving candidate? They would badmouth other contestants just to put their own over. 
I'm awestruck from seeing their honesty this season, especially from Sajid-Wajid. All of the mentors on the show this season were exactly what their title represents: they're MENTORS, not leaders or captains like we've seen in the past.
 If we want to talk about drama, what about Vinit's love story? That made Bisakh's love story look like NOTHING. What about the Aneek-Sumedha-Amanat love triangle... I'm sure Sumedha's parents were very pleased after seeing what the Zee creative team was insinuating regarding their daughter. A love triangle... please.

Basanti vs a love triangle.. would you rather be Rini's parents or Sumedha's parents?
Oh you don't think the final three contestants were chosen by the people? That's news to me, because I remember when Hemachandra, Vinit and Himani all threatened to leave the show
when Debojit had the highest votes one week. There was more drama that night than there was in this entire season. The show had to kick out either himani or hemachandra as they were BOTH in Aadesh Shrivastav's gharana.

Excellent post.

Confused Yeah I am sure Rini parents would much rather have their daughter being married on the stage like she was.........Tongue
xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by surmai_shaam

Saregamapa has been evolving since start of voting in 2005. 2005 saregamapa  was a big hit and trp's of the show were sky high. The director of the show changed. Gajendra Singh went to Star plus. The later shows have not seen the trp's of 2005. There has been so many musical  and dance shows which have sprung up since than that the attention of people has been scattered which may be one of the reasons for the low trp's after that.

People were so much attached to singers of 2005 which has not been seen in any other show after that. The intensity of that show was incredible. The fans will fight like crazy about their favorites. Later people have been more wise and realise that the show is mainly a drama and they have not been taking the show so seriously. We have not seen regional fights like they had been in 2005. People seems to believe in the drama at that time but have been mocking it now.

Himesh, Aadesh,  Ismail have very intense personalities and they will create lot of fights. Himesh at that time was suffereing from his credibility as a singer and was always very angry but have got the success later and has calmed down. Other MD mentors were suffering from no work. But the current MD mentors seems to be the most  'happening" MD's and are the most successful. They are taking things easy. They are praising each other's contestants which was not so common before. There is less intensity, competitiveness shown by mentors that my singer/gharana should win. It was very obvious in previous mentors.

People are used to intense drama  and the current drama do not excite them any more. The singing by the contestants have gone down and more than that we are  not seeing  the singers with personalities to build a huge fan base. Hope saregamapa will come up with some magic next year to revive viewers interest.

I think the public voting ruined Sa Re Ga Ma forever. If it goes back to its roots, which were musical and not about trp's, then it can again be considered the best musical show on Indian TV.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pinkisluv91

xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ankit_nyc

Excellent post.

Confused Yeah I am sure Rini parents would much rather have their daughter being married on the stage like she was.........Tongue

You've already mentioned this in the thread, there's no need to repeat it.

pinkisluv91

ankit_nyc IF-Rockerz
ankit_nyc
ankit_nyc

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 12:11pm | IP Logged

Excellent post.

Tongue But some people still don't get it.......People are saying this season was not as dramatic  as previous season, and I've listed instances that only happened in this season and not any other........So how does that make this season less dramatic? do low ratings of the show not mean anything......can we blindly keep calling this the best season despite all evidence to the contrary
Tongue
AkhMastani Senior Member
AkhMastani
AkhMastani

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 12:19pm | IP Logged

Smile In case you didn't know, Vineet sang for Himesh already.....
Yes along with the rest of the SRGMP community, I also know that. They were such awesome hit songs too weren't they Smile Himesh put his foot down that he would make Vineet a star, great to have seen that happen
 But what about Mussarat Abbas and the whole issue Himesh created by making him stick to his one genre so that music directors wouldn't need to fly in Rahat ji for each project, as a "New" RFAK would be born in India as "Mussarat Abbas". Not only was Mussarat never mentioned in Bollywood, but Himesh didn't even give him a chance to record. Till this day music directors fly Rahat ji over.
Then we come to the unknown contestant who was eliminated in the first week in 2007 but was promised a chance despite his lackluster performance... I call him unknown because I haven't heard of him since Smile
Next we have all 12 finalists in 2005, where Himesh had the personal promise of getting all them to sing for him, which was again mentioned by him when he visited the sets of Ek Main Aur Ek Tu months later.
And of course, Rahul Saxena was promised the same during the Golden Voice competition.
But I guess one is a good start.... In case you didn't know Smile

Tongue Oh I missed the part where Paaji gave one of the contestants a break in the industry, or the part where Sajid Wajid gave a contestant a hit song.........or the part where Vishal Shekhar gave a contestant a hit song this season.........Tongue Wow I didn't know that the judges panel this season made stars out of contestants in the industry...........Tongue I do agree with one thing though, this show sure gave Paaji a good exposure to MD's.............Smile
You also missed something else, I was only talking about Himesh in THIS post because you were kind enough to tell me that one of the several promised participants was given a real oppurtunity... Smile
And you missed another thing, I wasn't talking about who's given a chance and who hasn't, but rather about who "Promised a chance" to SEVERAL people and failed to deliver it SEVERAL times.
And you missed the point, it was don't make promises you can't keep. Please read carefully next time Smile 

Big smile Arey If musssarat has talent, it's his responsibility to showcase it.........Himesh ko bahut saare aur kaam hein.......Big smile whatever happened to Mussarat? I heard he is working in restaurant back in his country.........so much for him being anywhere close to NFAK......Tongue As far as promising contestants things, who hasn't promised them? Sajid Wajid have, Vishal Shekhar have, Paaji has nothing to promise as we clearly saw he is too busy looking out for himself...Tongue Have Vishal Shekhar lived up to their promises? Has Sajid Wajid? has shanka, bappida, aadesh, ismail, pritam etc?Tongue interesting how you just focused on Himesh.........Tongue But alas if you are happy with Paaji's's "rab rakha" and chak de fatte, who am I to stop you? but most people found it comical and tuned away from the show in masses........lowest rated Sa Re Ga Ma in modern times despite having so much drama........Tongue I think the people at large didn't expect this much drama from the judges....they left all the judges behind when it comes to drama............clearly shows people want quality music, not all this drama...........which is why C 05 and C 07 were so highly rated........You could watch those seasons with your family, this season my god how would you explain Sajid Wajid's pouncing on female contestants to the girls in the family? How would you explain Rini's mock wedding and mockery of the institution of marriage on the stage by the judges? how would you explain Paaji's rudeness in snatching mic away from contestants?Confused
Right when I said don't make promised you can't keep, you retaliate and tell me Vineet sang a song for him.. When I go on to tell you that that's only one out of several promises you tell me "Use bohoth saare kaam hain"...Nice way of dodging that bulletSmile
Arey agar bohoth sare kaam hain toh kyun itne vaade karte  ho?
 point is don't make promises you can't keep.
Did I say Himesh is the ONLY one that says one thing and does another? No i didn't, again read carefully next time.Smile  But out of all the mentors he is the one that has done this NUMEROUS times as mentioned before. 
Could you tell me how VS and SW haven't lived up to their promises please? Who have they promised so far that they havent kept their word... please I want to hear this from you.Smile Don't dodge this one either.
VS have given Amanat and Raja Hassan a break in a great song from dostana.. and that wasnt even promised to them.
Paaji is not a music director, he hasn't been working on his own stuff for a while now. He's been focused on playback for quite some time.
Again in case you misread the first time who did SW and VS promise?
Oh Kamal sang a song, but yes I read that you meant whose been given a "HIT" song.. If that's the case, then why did you mention Vineet singing a song for Himesh in the first place?Smile You expect only a song from Himesh but a HIT song from the other MD's? Interesting.
If we hear SW and VS continuously tell someone they'll make them a star, and 5 years down the road those people are nowhere to be seen THEN I'll gladly add their name with Himesh's. Then you will see me saying the same about themSmile
Again in case you misread the first time who did SW and VS promise?

Big smile dodge what? You were the one that said that this season there was less drama and the judges were quite respectable........so answer these questions without dodging them.......do respectable judges marry off contestants on the stage in fronot the whole world and mock and demean the institution of marriage on the stage like this? Do repsectable judges grab mics out of contestants hands pretty much in every episode to perform? I thought Daler was there as a judge not to revive his career.........do respectable judges pounce on female contestants like Sajid Wajid have done numerable times? Do respectable judges turn off so many people that the ratings of the show are dismal for the season? Tongue Himesh may not have kept his promise, but he sure brought in high ratings for the show and made the show a huge hit, something that the current judges panel have failed to do........Tongue In your dictionary Amanat singing a song in movie may make him a huge star but most people don't see it like that...........Tongue Please answer the quesitons, you keep saying this show didn't have as much drama as previous seasons, I just listed things for you that didn't happen in any of the other season except this one.......I didn't see judges pouncing on female contestatns in previous season, didn't see the institution of marriage being mocked in previous seasons, did't see the judges perform more then the contestants.......Tongue it's okay if you can't answer the questions...........the ratings speak for themselves and so do the actions of the judges............in the words of Paaji Chak De Fatte and Rab Rakha....Tongue

Yes I did say there was less drama this season, and I stick by that. I listed them and I believe there was more drama, and many members agree. There were no fights, no love stories, and no walk-offs. I have also listed things in my previous posts that  were done in past seasons but were absent here. When did I ever say that because what was done  in those seasons was wrong makes everything done in this season right? Smile
There was drama in BOTH seasons, but far more in the past. Yes the judges have been wrong, the institution of marriage was mocked, but I still maintain my opinion that there was LESS drama this season than any other season. But when did I ever condone this behaviour? Oh right, I didn't. I never said it was RIGHT, therefore I don't understand why i have to tell you how I think it's right.. because I don't.Big smile There's your answer.

So wait you give Himesh credit for giving Vineet a few lackluster songs, but tell me that VS giving 
Amanat a popular song in Dostana doesn't deserve much credit? I mean he was even in a version of the music video. If HIT songs are what count as an oppurtunity in your opinion, then why did you bring up Vineet? TonguePlease tell me why you brought him up.  Smile
Now I'm still curious because I really want to know, who did SW and VS promise?

pinkisluv91

AkhMastani Senior Member
AkhMastani
AkhMastani

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 12:22pm | IP Logged

Excellent post.

Tongue But some people still don't get it.......People are saying this season was not as dramatic  as previous season, and I've listed instances that only happened in this season and not any other........So how does that make this season less dramatic? do low ratings of the show not mean anything......can we blindly keep calling this the best season despite all evidence to the contrary
Tongue
And I have also listed instances that only happened in previous seasons and not this one. So by your logic, how does that make this season MORE dramatic?Tongue
Plus you don't realize that what was done with Rini was happily accepted by her. What was done with Sumedha was done AGAINST her own will. She was very upset about it, as it was only the show's doing through editing and camera work. Again, I never said that what was done with Rini was right. I must stress that so that you don't put words in my mouth again.

Edited by AkhMastani - 22 December 2010 at 12:25pm

pinkisluv91

ankit_nyc IF-Rockerz
ankit_nyc
ankit_nyc

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 12:24pm | IP Logged

Excellent post.

Tongue
And I have also listed instances that only happened in previous seasons and not this one. So by your logic, how does that make this season MORE dramatic?Tongue

Big smile oh really most people feel the same way you do? the poll about the season't popularity that's open on the forum right now, shows that most peopld didn't liek the show at all this season.........Big smile jao check karo....and the TRP's back that up as well.......Tongue You may have liked the show but to say most people liked it would be dishonest with all the evidence to the contrary.......Tongue Itne saare logo nein pasand kiya show ko to phir low ratings kyu hien show ki?  Big smileoh yess go to your standard response of the TRP's are rigged as well.........Big smile

Edited by ankit_nyc - 22 December 2010 at 12:28pm

Go to top