Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

I am glad srgmp ..... (Page 4)

ankit_nyc IF-Rockerz
ankit_nyc
ankit_nyc

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 3:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by GuruGhantal1

Well as far as I can say this was an entertinment show. I will not say this was a music competition. Judges behaved like jokers. No construction or critical comments were given by the mentors. Mentors always looked for a chance to come on the stage and jump all over it. Or Dm apna gala phadna shuru kar deta tha. All the time S-W come with 500 or 1000 currency as if its low level dance is going on. This never happened in the previous SaReGaMaPa. I remember only once ID gave Vineet 50/ which he got from his dad. Which had lot of emotional value and that didnt looed bad at all. I am really disappointed for this year competition. It finishes sooner the better. In next season S-W & DM must come be invited. They are the worst judges in SaReGaMaPa's history.

Smile You are so correct about Sajid Wajid's behavior...........totally disgusting to grab female contestants like that repeatedly..........and I agree with your point about S-W and DM being the worst judges in Sa Re Ga Ma's history............There is no chance that they are invited back for next season.........Not a chance after the dismal ratings of this season...........Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kinara17

ankit_nyc IF-Rockerz
ankit_nyc
ankit_nyc

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 3:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by HakkaBakka

Originally posted by ankit_nyc

This natural phenomenon of ours to discard present and accept past. Wait for a year you will say that these mentors were better. What was good about previous mentors? What did we get in the past? Himesh's drama, AS's rongte, JS's promises for selling house for other, ID's walking out. And lot of hollow promises. We used to complain about the final 10 selection in previous years but this year we were almost on agreement that top 10 were really top 10 and those were selected by these judges this year unlike other year top 10 were selected by noted musical personalities. Even the elimination order was more or less on merit. No fight among judges, every year we had musical knoweldged handicapped judge like Bappida, Pritam in past and Daler paaji this year. I dont say these judges were better than last years but they were also not worse than previous judges.We have seen lot of rudeness towards contestants in previous years but this year almost no reudeness. We have seen how the classical singers being discouraged in past while this year all genre got equal opportunity. I will not rate this year on low, yes it was low on drama and non-musical stuff.

Confused Where was the musical aspect of the show? Hearing paaji's standard response to every performace, Chak de fatter or Rab Rakkha, is that musical? Hearing Paaji perform every episode, and if he couldn't snatching the mic away from the contestants to do so? Was it musical to see Sajid/Wajid pounce upon female contestants for hugs every two minutes like they did the entire season? Was it musical to see contestants focusing on Body Building, and weight lifting over singing and being encouraged by mentors to do so? Was it musical to see Rini being married on the show? Was Bisakh's love story musical? Confused The previous seasons had their drama but there was genuine feedback from the judges as well.......the mentors were arguing about the strengths of their contestants, but they weren't snatching mics from contestatns to perform every chance they got......The low ratings reflect what the public thought of the show as well.........What's the point of having judges if all they do after every performance is say rab rakha, and chak de phatte and then rush to the stage to hug the female contestants? Zee will not bring this panel back as Zee is running a busines and can't afford to have such a fiasco again.........Smile This season was low on musical aspects, high on cheap drama, and high on foolish behavior primarily by the judges.....Smile
See, everybody look at the thing differently. I compared with previous years. As far as comment is concern, Diler paaji failed completely same as one or two judges failed previous years, then he tried to compensate that with his singing. Same thing has been done by Bappida but Daler is much better singer and sang different from what we have been seen from him. Not like bappi da singing same song everyday.
There was no walk-out by judges.
There was no fight between judges, they disagreed but maintained respect for each other. AS and ID never had respect for each other.
There was no love story brewed.
There was no host kissing.
There was almost no disagreement on top 10 selection.
There was no promise to singers for playback singing in every episode. If VS and SW promised the singer then they fulfilled it even before the season ends.
I personally saw less non-musical stuff this year than previous years.

Is "Har ghar mein Roti ho" musical comment.
If Aaapne aisa gaya mere "rongte" Khare ho gaye musical comment then Chak de phatte rab rakha is musical comment too.
Was Constant bakwaas of Himesh musical comment? Himesh gave only 4-5 musical comments in whole 3 seasons. He was mostly about fighting, roti, creating love birds.
Previous years, we have seen anchors performance at start if each and every episose, which was not there this year. This year was definitely more to what the show was for.
Aor jumping and coming to stage has been part and parcel of SRGMP. Did not we seee judges jumping on stage for last song in every episode in past.
No year has seen the respect one dimensional singers like Ranjeet, Sniti got in previous years. Classical singers like Suman got eliminated last season because he was too classical. Contestants got more freedom to choose songs considering their strength.

I know people will not agree with me right now and will definitely agree with me in next season. My habit is to look the thing in totallity not nit picking.

I agree with you about excessive hugs but it was controlled in later part. I am not saying it was ideal season, there is scope of improvement but we need to look at the positive aspect too, compare negative/positive both aspects of previous years, not only with negative from this year to positive from perevious years.

By the way whatever you mentioned done this year, I have seen them in previous years in plenty. Snatching mic was there previous years too. I know it can be converted into never ending discussion, because we both are thinking same thing differently. I think I dont have anything left to add.

Confusedyeah there was no love story besides Bisakh........This year the judges took it to the next level by actually mocking the institution of marriage by marrying Rini in the show.....Confused I guess to some watching a girl being married off on stage is much better then a love story..........I guess Bisakh's love story doesn't count either........Confused As far as long term, C 05 and C 07 took place years ago and people still remember those seasons and the highlights of those seasons.........The ratings of this season clearly show how lackluster the season was.........Where was the musical quality that you mention? Daler only showcased his own talents and proved that he can sing better then all the contestants...........Confused Sajid Wajid showed that they were interested only in pouncing on female contestatns for hugs..........Confused Vishal Shekhar were quiet as usual........Confused Himesh, Aadesh, Shankar, etc may have not gotten along but they brought a lot of passion and excitement to the show..........the ratings were through the roof, people at large loved what they saw......this year it was a circus with mentors rushing the stage to perform every other second.........Confused Himesh said the Roti comment one time not in every episode and after every performace like Daler Paji has done with his chak de fatte and rab rakha.........Confused At the end of the day, Zee is running a business, and as such I highly doubt that Sajid Wajid and Daler would be invited back next season after the dismal ratings that Sa Re Ga Ma garnered this season.......Smile

kinara17

ankit_nyc IF-Rockerz
ankit_nyc
ankit_nyc

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 3:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AkhMastani

This natural phenomenon of ours to discard present and accept past. Wait for a year you will say that these mentors were better. What was good about previous mentors? What did we get in the past? Himesh's drama, AS's rongte, JS's promises for selling house for other, ID's walking out. And lot of hollow promises. We used to complain about the final 10 selection in previous years but this year we were almost on agreement that top 10 were really top 10 and those were selected by these judges this year unlike other year top 10 were selected by noted musical personalities. Even the elimination order was more or less on merit. No fight among judges, every year we had musical knoweldged handicapped judge like Bappida, Pritam in past and Daler paaji this year. I dont say these judges were better than last years but they were also not worse than previous judges.We have seen lot of rudeness towards contestants in previous years but this year almost no reudeness. We have seen how the classical singers being discouraged in past while this year all genre got equal opportunity. I will not rate this year on low, yes it was low on drama and non-musical stuff.

Confused Where was the musical aspect of the show? Hearing paaji's standard response to every performace, Chak de fatter or Rab Rakkha, is that musical? Hearing Paaji perform every episode, and if he couldn't snatching the mic away from the contestants to do so? Was it musical to see Sajid/Wajid pounce upon female contestants for hugs every two minutes like they did the entire season? Was it musical to see contestants focusing on Body Building, and weight lifting over singing and being encouraged by mentors to do so? Was it musical to see Rini being married on the show? Was Bisakh's love story musical? Confused The previous seasons had their drama but there was genuine feedback from the judges as well.......the mentors were arguing about the strengths of their contestants, but they weren't snatching mics from contestatns to perform every chance they got......The low ratings reflect what the public thought of the show as well.........What's the point of having judges if all they do after every performance is say rab rakha, and chak de phatte and then rush to the stage to hug the female contestants? Zee will not bring this panel back as Zee is running a busines and can't afford to have such a fiasco again.........Smile This season was low on musical aspects, high on cheap drama, and high on foolish behavior primarily by the judges.....Smile
See, everybody look at the thing differently. I compared with previous years. As far as comment is concern, Diler paaji failed completely same as one or two judges failed previous years, then he tried to compensate that with his singing. Same thing has been done by Bappida but Daler is much better singer and sang different from what we have been seen from him. Not like bappi da singing same song everyday.
There was no fight between judges, they disagreed but maintained respect for each other. AS and ID never had respect for each other.
There was no promise to singers for playback singing in every episode. If VS and SW promised the singer then they fulfilled it even before the season ends.

If Aaapne aisa gaya mere "rongte" Khare ho gaye musical comment then Chak de phatte rab rakha is musical comment too.
Was Constant bakwaas of Himesh musical comment? Himesh gave only 4-5 musical comments in whole 3 seasons. He was mostly about fighting, roti, creating love birds.
Previous years, we have seen anchors performance at start if each and every episose, which was not there this year. This year was definitely more to what the show was for.
Aor jumping and coming to stage has been part and parcel of SRGMP. Did not we seee judges jumping on stage for last song in every episode in past.
No year has seen the respect one dimensional singers like Ranjeet, Sniti got in previous years. Classical singers like Suman got eliminated last season because he was too classical. Contestants got more freedom to choose songs considering their strength.

I know people will not agree with me right now and will definitely agree with me in next season. My habit is to look the thing in totallity not nit picking.

I agree with you about excessive hugs but it was controlled in later part. I am not saying it was ideal season, there is scope of improvement but we need to look at the positive aspect too, compare negative/positive both aspects of previous years, not only with negative from this year to positive from perevious years.

By the way whatever you mentioned done this year, I have seen them in previous years in plenty. Snatching mic was there previous years too. I know it can be converted into never ending discussion, because we both are thinking same thing differently. I think I dont have anything left to add.

awesome post!
especially about Paaji constantly saying Raab Rakha everytime.. I mean if you think "Roti" and "Mujhe struggling nahi chahiye" are comments with substance, then what Paaji says is much more.
It's shubkamna he's expressing, not false hope like I'll give you work, that never seems to come true.

Smile In case you didn't know, Vineet sang for Himesh already......as far as Paaji not promising anytihng to the contestants, Paaji was busy promoting himself to the MD"s during hte season......He sang more then the contestants did in many episodes.......Smile It was almost as if he thought he was there to compete against the contestants rather then to judge.....Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kinara17Dabulls23

kinara17 IF-Sizzlerz
kinara17
kinara17

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 3:31pm | IP Logged

Confusedyeah there was no love story besides Bisakh........This year the judges took it to the next level by actually mocking the institution of marriage by marrying Rini in the show.....Confused I guess to some watching a girl being married off on stage is much better then a love story..........I guess Bisakh's love story doesn't count either........Confused As far as long term, C 05 and C 07 took place years ago and people still remember those seasons and the highlights of those seasons.........The ratings of this season clearly show how lackluster the season was.........Where was the musical quality that you mention? Daler only showcased his own talents and proved that he can sing better then all the contestants...........Confused Sajid Wajid showed that they were interested only in pouncing on female contestatns for hugs..........Confused Vishal Shekhar were quiet as usual........Confused Himesh, Aadesh, Shankar, etc may have not gotten along but they brought a lot of passion and excitement to the show..........the ratings were through the roof, people at large loved what they saw......this year it was a circus with mentors rushing the stage to perform every other second.........Confused Himesh said the Roti comment one time not in every episode and after every performace like Daler Paji has done with his chak de fatte and rab rakha.........Confused At the end of the day, Zee is running a business, and as such I highly doubt that Sajid Wajid and Daler would be invited back next season after the dismal ratings that Sa Re Ga Ma garnered this season.......Smile
Ankit..u r the bestThumbs Up. whatever  was in my mind u have written in this post.. excellent job....thank you...Clap

Edited by Kinara2 - 21 December 2010 at 3:31pm
AkhMastani Senior Member
AkhMastani
AkhMastani

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 5:08pm | IP Logged

Smile In case you didn't know, Vineet sang for Himesh already.....
Yes along with the rest of the SRGMP community, I also know that. They were such awesome hit songs too weren't they Smile Himesh put his foot down that he would make Vineet a star, great to have seen that happen
 But what about Mussarat Abbas and the whole issue Himesh created by making him stick to his one genre so that music directors wouldn't need to fly in Rahat ji for each project, as a "New" RFAK would be born in India as "Mussarat Abbas". Not only was Mussarat never mentioned in Bollywood, but Himesh didn't even give him a chance to record. Till this day music directors fly Rahat ji over.
Then we come to the unknown contestant who was eliminated in the first week in 2007 but was promised a chance despite his lackluster performance... I call him unknown because I haven't heard of him since Smile
Next we have all 12 finalists in 2005, where Himesh had the personal promise of getting all them to sing for him, which was again mentioned by him when he visited the sets of Ek Main Aur Ek Tu months later.
And of course, Rahul Saxena was promised the same during the Golden Voice competition.
But I guess one is a good start.... In case you didn't know Smile

Edited by AkhMastani - 21 December 2010 at 5:09pm
Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 5:36pm | IP Logged
Ankhmastani ji
Himesh was not the only one making more than one promises..
Aadesh, JL and Infamouse Isnmael Darbaar ji swearing on bible to have nihira sing for him b4 he left this earth and I think promising Sharib a song with Lata di...Prettam, and BL should go to that list...

If we are going to pick on one lets bring out o  ur complete laundry list hai na Wink Big smile  I prefer full load of laundry to maximize all utilities Approve

BTW Mussu was never considered to be next RFAK...Many considered him to be next NFAK...Embarrassed

Edited by Dabulls23 - 21 December 2010 at 5:36pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

m_khan90kinara17

AkhMastani Senior Member
AkhMastani
AkhMastani

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 5:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dabulls23

Ankhmastani ji
Himesh was not the only one making more than one promises..
Aadesh, JL and Infamouse Isnmael Darbaar ji swearing on bible to have nihira sing for him b4 he left this earth and I think promising Sharib a song with Lata di...Prettam, and BL should go to that list...

If we are going to pick on one lets bring out o  ur complete laundry list hai na Wink Big smile  I prefer full load of laundry to maximize all utilities Approve

BTW Mussu was never considered to be next RFAK...Many considered him to be next NFAK...Embarrassed
I only brought up the Himesh "list" because he made these false promises more than the other mentors as far as I know. And Aadesh did have Nihira sing for him. I'm sorry about my short laundry list this time, but what can I do? There's so much laundry, no machine can fit these  many dirty clothes Wink
and BTW about Mussu as you call him, RFAK or NFAK I'm not sure, but it was RFAK that season that they were comparing him to, saying that music directors wouldn't need to call RFAK all the way from Pakistan anymore. ID even said that Mussu "isn't a copy, but an original voice..It's just his bad luck that RFAK was born before him."

HakkaBakka

HakkaBakka Goldie

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 5:55pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top