Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xobile thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: ankit_nyc

πŸ˜› Did you feel that this season was a better season then C 05 and C 07? And if so, please tell me why besides the drama angle cause both seasons had their cheap share of drama......πŸ˜› Bisakh's love story, Rini's basanti, Rini's marriage, Sajid And Wajid having their have with the female contestatns, Paaji snatching mics away from contestatns, Body building and wrestling contests on stage........πŸ˜› Is that not enough drama for the season? People are so mad about what happened to Sumedha with her love story, well what bout Rini? the poor girl was married on stage for god's sakes.........πŸ˜› Is saying tumhare ghar mein roti ho worst then hearing rab rakha and chak de fatte after every single performance, good or bad? is walkouts of the show more disturbing then male mentors taking advantage of female contesgtatns?πŸ˜›

I am sorry I am not the right person to answer this because I haven't seen either season fully. As you know, I think the best seasons were the ones with Sonu Nigam because they were designed more as a musical competition and not mass entertainment.

Why do you want me to tell you 'why besides the drama angle' and then ask me to choose between the gimmicks from the seasons? Do you or do you not want to talk about drama? Since you have not made this clear, I will talk about drama. There was lots of drama in this season, as there was in other seasons. But the drama in this season (which includes Rini's marriage and the judges' interruptions as well as mentors hugging people) did not annoy me as much as the drama in the previous seasons because those seasons were full of fighting and angry shouting. 'Chak de phatte' is a common Punjabi exclamation shouted after a good performance. 'Roti' is an Indian flatbread that has nothing to do with the performing arts.

Other things this season had over the previous seasons include a better designed set, no use of 'history' to describe performances, and a very knowledgeable judges' panel. But I don't want to take away from the good contestants and judges of previous seasons who gave us memorable performances too, as did many contestants this season.
Edited by xobile - 13 years ago
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Ankit, Mussarat owned that restaurant. πŸ˜ƒ The way your phrased your post was not very nice. It makes it seem like you're saying he's serving people. 
xobile thumbnail
Originally posted by: Anamika21

He owns a restuarent and he does not work as a waiter in a restaurent.

I feel he should not be insulted like this.

He did not succeed as a singer and many more other singers did not too.

Sabke takdeer main success nahi hota.

I think he was just joking. Dekha nahin kitni baar zubaan nikal kar Tongue chipkaya hua hai. 
Anamika21 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: xobile

I think he was just joking. Dekha nahin kitni baar zubaan nikal kar Tongue chipkaya hua hai. 

Sorry it was a very rude post.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

I think he was just joking. Dekha nahin kitni baar zubaan nikal kar πŸ˜› chipkaya hua hai. 

sometimes is very hard to tell on the net what people mean πŸ˜†
AkhMastani thumbnail

I am sorry I am not the right person to answer this because I haven't seen either season fully. As you know, I think the best seasons were the ones with Sonu Nigam because they were designed more as a musical competition and not mass entertainment.

Why do you want me to tell you 'why besides the drama angle' and then ask me to choose between the gimmicks from the seasons? Do you or do you not want to talk about drama? Since you have not made this clear, I will talk about drama. There was lots of drama in this season, as there was in other seasons. But the drama in this season (which includes Rini's marriage and the judges' interruptions as well as mentors hugging people) did not annoy me as much as the drama in the previous seasons because those seasons were full of fighting and angry shouting. 'Chak de phatte' is a common Punjabi exclamation shouted after a good performance. 'Roti' is an Indian flatbread that has nothing to do with the performing arts.

Other things this season had over the previous seasons include a better designed set, no use of 'history' to describe performances, and a very knowledgeable judges' panel. But I don't want to take away from the good contestants and judges of previous seasons who gave us memorable performances too, as did many contestants this season.

In my opinion, as far as singing goes then it's pretty neck to neck, except C 09. I didn't enjoy that season one bit, and it was only because of the singing. As far as singing goes, this season and C 05 stick out the most. There's some great talent on both shows. I also love the fact that a less popular form of music was kept alive and given to the public to enjoy from a great talent in Ranjeet. I liked the format from C 05 with 2 judges each week, as it meant the mentors couldn't be biased.
For the same reason, I thought this show would have many fights with the mentors giving marks and eliminating contestants, but thankfully they were all very honest and weren't just looking out for themselves but all singers, whether they were from they're own gharana or not.
Had the C 05 mentors been given this format, there would've been more fights and hell would've broken lose... But at the same time, that show would've MUCH more popular with the added drama.
What was done with Rini wasn't right, but it was done with her consent. She was very happy to take part in mocking our culture. What was done with Sumedha was done by the producers of the show and script writers. She wasn't watching the show, how would she know that her expressions for one thing would be shown for something else?
Here's where I disagree with Ankit. Saying tumhare ghar mein roti ho is worse than saying Rab rakha... One is wishing for God to take care of you, whereas the other statement is saying that I'll be the one to take care of you, which as I mentioned before was nothing more than a broken promise. I've listed all the contestants that were given these promises, but I have yet to hear about those contestants that were given empty promises by SW and VS that Ankit has insisted have taken place. Only Ankit knows these instances and he doesn't tell me.😭
 No doubt there has always been drama, but when the drama leaves it's intentions for entertainment (not saying what was done with Rini was entertaining, but that's what was intented)and starts affecting the judgements on the show, that's when it get's out of hand. If you saw C 05 then you know what I mean. That's why the drama this season has been taken more lightly. This light drama that had no affect on the judgement on the show and caused no tension between mentors and contestants explains the low TRP's.😊
AkhMastani thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3L-EUBzASk[/YOUTUBE]
Forward to 9:33  😊
Edited by AkhMastani - 13 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail

πŸ˜ƒArey summerbhai I love the discussions as well........I am just waiting for someone to say that this season was more classy then the seasons from Sonu Nigham era.........πŸ˜›ratings hein nahin, judges' behavior was clownish at best this season, and chale hein season ko one of the best kehne.........πŸ˜›If that's the case Zee will surely keep this panel intact for next season.......give us more drama by having hte contestant getting divorced on stage or delievering a baby on stage........I mean they have already mocked the institution of marriage so it would't surprise me if they exploited the institution of motherhood on stage as well.........maybe Zee will put female contestants right next to Sajid Wajid as well............and maybe they'll just have Paaji perform chaiya chaiya the whole episode..........πŸ˜ƒI just wonder if Daler Paaji, Sajid wajid, and Vishal shekar would like their daugthers treated the way each of them has treated the female contestatns on the show............πŸ˜•Won't see Paaji's daughter being married on stage like Rini was.......paaji will be the first to stand up and speak
out, but when it's someone else why would he bother......πŸ˜•

Hey Ram you guys are eloquent πŸ˜†
yes this year the Mentors too are showcasing their drama, singing and dancing skills. I am still surpized a singer like Sugandha is now walking bare-footed and lost. Ah it is Kali Yug so expected I guess.
surmai_shaam thumbnail

you're saying this season had less drama? did you miss Rini's wedding on stage, and the mockery of the institution of marriage on stage.......did you miss Sajid Wajid taking advantage of female contestatns by huggin them every other second? did you miss paaji acting like a contestatns and trying to showcase his talents over the contestants...............Paaji can sing better then the contestants, I mean we all knew that........I thought he was there to judge, not just to say Chak De Fatte and Rab Rakhaa........😊 the ratings for C 07 and C 05 reflect that quality always wins over audiences..........People at large don't like these cheap dramas and that's why they tuned away from this season in droves.........the lowest rated season in history of the show, and the most dramatic season as well........😊

Actually I really missed the drama you are mentioning.

But as far as Chak de Fatey and rab Rakha

Chak de Fattey is of two kind

First one is real one i.e Chak de Fattey πŸ‘πŸΌ which means do a good job, or you did a good job

Second one is  Chak de FatteyπŸ˜‰ which means the opposite of first one.

I wonder what Phaji is implying by chak de Fattey (first kind or second kind)πŸ˜†

For second one you definitely need Rab RakhaπŸ˜†

According to the trp's Chak de Fattey seems to be the second kindπŸ˜ƒ.

But seriously, intensity of the drama during C2005 was too much. It was like a war is going on. States of Assam had pushed it state machinery to get votes for Debojit.

As far as marriage,First Zee married this little boy with  Priyanka Chopra and now did this drama of marrying a young woman. I thought the marrying of little boy was even worse as there was no consent involved. Who knows How it is going to affect the little boy's development.

But consumers are now more smart and they have lot of choice.Hopefully Zee will bring some sanity to the show and at the same time make it more interesting.  
xobile thumbnail
Originally posted by: AkhMastani

<div>In my opinion, as far as singing goes then it's pretty neck to neck, except C 09. I didn't enjoy that season one bit, and it was only because of the singing. As far as singing goes, this season and C 05 stick out the most. There's some great talent on both shows. I also love the fact that a less popular form of music was kept alive and given to the public to enjoy from a great talent in Ranjeet. I liked the format from C 05 with 2 judges each week, as it meant the mentors couldn't be biased.

For the same reason, I thought this show would have many fights with the mentors giving marks and eliminating contestants, but thankfully they were all very honest and weren't just looking out for themselves but all singers, whether they were from they're own gharana or not.

Had the C 05 mentors been given this format, there would've been more fights and hell would've broken lose... But at the same time, that show would've MUCH more popular with the added drama.

What was done with Rini wasn't right, but it was done with her consent. She was very happy to take part in mocking our culture. What was done with Sumedha was done by the producers of the show and script writers. She wasn't watching the show, how would she know that her expressions for one thing would be shown for something else?

Here's where I disagree with Ankit. Saying tumhare ghar mein roti ho is worse than saying Rab rakha... One is wishing for God to take care of you, whereas the otherstatement is saying that I'll be the one to take care of you, which as I mentioned before wasnothing more than a broken promise. I've listed all the contestantsthat were given these promises, but I have yet to hear about those contestants that were given empty promises by SW and VS that Ankit has insisted have taken place. Only Ankit knows these instances and he doesn't tell me.😭

No doubt there has always been drama, but when the drama leaves it's intentions for entertainment(not saying what was done with Rini was entertaining, but that's what was intented)and starts affecting the judgements on the show, that's when it get's out of hand.If you saw C 05 then you know what I mean.That's why the drama this season has been taken more lightly. This light drama that had no affect on the judgement on the show and caused no tension between mentors and contestants explains the low TRP's.😊

Can I add that there could be reasons for the low ratings other than low drama. Certainly, I agree that less drama-filled reality shows are likely to get low ratings. Controversial shows on the other hand can keep the viewers hooked. I would have thought that was common sense.

But besides this drama factor, we are also forgetting that 2010 saw three other big musical TV shows - Music Ka Maha Muqabla, Indian Idol 5 and Chhote Ustaad. Now with so much reality musical entertainment, people might get bored of the genre and might not want to see a show like SRGMP. In comparison with those shows which had stars like Sonu, Shaan, Shreya, Sunidhi, Shankar, Rahat and Himesh, this SRGMP was decidedly lacklustre, what with the lack of it's crowd pulling mascots like Aditya Narayan and Himesh. Plus, the show arrived straight after a very successful season of Indian Idol and was aired concurrent to a very successful season of Chhote Ustaad.

So, ratings wise this season was fighting a losing battle because of all the competition around and the radical overhaul of it's own format/crew which robbed it of its USPs. Admittedly, the judges probably didn't do the show any favours by constantly and irritatingly interrupting contestants.

And all those factors are probably still just a tip of the iceberg. But clearly, saying that TRPs are correlated to quality of the show is ridiculously simplistic.