m_khan90 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I am glad srgmp is ending. It is not because of contestants but because of the mentors.   I feel this year is the worst year of SRGMP inspite of best contestants.  I am saying worst year because of the mentors attitude.  I hate when mentors go into the stage and started singing, huging etc.  The viewers I am sure there to hear the contestants and not the mentors.  None of the mentors give any reasonable comments.  In the past the viewers, I am sure, learn something by the mentors comments.   I  also did not like the dramas created by ZEE TV creative team. 
The final three contestants chose to grab votes from east (Bishakl), west (Kamal) and centre(Abhilasha).  I doubted the final three contestants were really chosen by the peoples votes.   

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ankit_nyc thumbnail
😛 agreed......the judges this season were the worst judges in the history of Sa Re Ga Ma..........They wanted to showcase themselves more then the contestants...........I never heard Himesh grab the mic from contestants to show off......the fights between the judges in the past were mainly centered on defending their contestants.......this season the judges didn't fight because they didn't care a bit about any of their contestants........😛
Meredith thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Well,
I thought this season wasn't so bad. Compared to last year's drama this season seemed pretty decent. There were some wonderful guests like A.R. Raham, Hrithik, Rishi-Neetu, SLB, Ismail Darbar and so forth.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I will miss the contestants, but not the mentors. I still love VS, but I hope with a new panel of judges they will remember how they used to judge. 
AkhMastani thumbnail
I honestly don't think anything was worse this year than what we've witnessed in the past. We all seem to forget Himesh's constant nagging, his stupid catch phrases, and his arguing. Others may find that entertaining, but I beg to differ. What kind of reasonable comments are we missing this season?
Remember  a time when the mentors themselves used to get
competitive near the finals because they wanted their OWN gharana to win, and not the most deserving candidate? They would badmouth other contestants just to put their own over. 
I'm awestruck from seeing their honesty this season, especially from Sajid-Wajid. All of the mentors on the show this season were exactly what their title represents: they're MENTORS, not leaders or captains like we've seen in the past.
 If we want to talk about drama, what about Vinit's love story? That made Bisakh's love story look like NOTHING. What about the Aneek-Sumedha-Amanat love triangle... I'm sure Sumedha's parents were very pleased after seeing what the Zee creative team was insinuating regarding their daughter. A love triangle... please.

Basanti vs a love triangle.. would you rather be Rini's parents or Sumedha's parents?
Oh you don't think the final three contestants were chosen by the people? That's news to me, because I remember when Hemachandra, Vinit and Himani all threatened to leave the show
when Debojit had the highest votes one week. There was more drama that night than there was in this entire season. The show had to kick out either himani or hemachandra as they were BOTH in Aadesh Shrivastav's gharana.
 Guess what, the final three that season were ALL from 3 different gharanas.
Yet again another case of selective amnesia.
Edited by AkhMastani - 13 years ago
kinu17 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: m_khan90

I am glad srgmp is ending. It is not because of contestants but because of the mentors.   I feel this year is the worst year of SRGMP inspite of best contestants.  I am saying worst year because of the mentors attitude.  I hate when mentors go into the stage and started singing, huging etc.  The viewers I am sure there to hear the contestants and not the mentors.  None of the mentors give any reasonable comments.  In the past the viewers, I am sure, learn something by the mentors comments.   I  also did not like the dramas created by ZEE TV creative team. 

The final three contestants chose to grab votes from east (Bishakl), west (Kamal) and centre(Abhilasha).  I doubted the final three contestants were really chosen by the peoples votes.   

very rare i participate in this  forum.....after seeing ur post i couldn't able to control my self to write few words..(pls dont take  anyone personaly).i am totally agree with ur views each and every word...this year srgmp is totally waste of time .and  i must say it was a funny cartoon show  ...@ the beginning  i had watched few episodes and  i have done with that....few yrs back it was some  superb srgmp zee had given to us still we remember those golden voices,mentors ,environment etc... ..mentors were eligible in every areas  ,full of personality,.respectable....but as well as there was fun,jokes every thing....but not like this year ..wedding,engagement,for nothing grabbing and hugging, all of a sudden grab the microphone from the contestants & start to  singing for looong time... poor contestants are speechless and confused. and shy ....its pathetic.atmosphere every single episode.....bottom line ...and Zee always has its own choice and they are the one who will fix the # 1  in the final  like every year...and according to me they already have done it...decem 25th will be  just  to show  us that ppl are voting....so sad ....a national tv is doing like this....we r  the helpless  viewers from different part of the world...we r watching and understanding everything...but what we can do.. beside sigh...
Edited by Kinara2 - 13 years ago
Hawwww! The mentors were awesome .. I think S/W make a great addition to this season! I hope they consider coming back for another year! 😃
This natural phenomenon of ours to discard present and accept past. Wait for a year you will say that these mentors were better. What was good about previous mentors? What did we get in the past? Himesh's drama, AS's rongte, JS's promises for selling house for other, ID's walking out. And lot of hollow promises. We used to complain about the final 10 selection in previous years but this year we were almost on agreement that top 10 were really top 10 and those were selected by these judges this year unlike other year top 10 were selected by noted musical personalities. Even the elimination order was more or less on merit. No fight among judges, every year we had musical knoweldged handicapped judge like Bappida, Pritam in past and Daler paaji this year. I dont say these judges were better than last years but they were also not worse than previous judges.We have seen lot of rudeness towards contestants in previous years but this year almost no reudeness. We have seen how the classical singers being discouraged in past while this year all genre got equal opportunity. I will not rate this year on low, yes it was low on drama and non-musical stuff.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Contestants were defo good but Mentors could have behaved like mentors and not as contestants showing off or act like clowns.... Edited by Dabulls23 - 13 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

This year I managed to watch Rini, that was the best part.
I also like Paaji, want him to sing more songs, not Tunak Tunak but some good Ghazals.

Sher Ali was a good find and so was Sugandha and Khurram and Ranjit and Snit eventhough they were not the top 3. Still they will do very well.

Overall quite satisfied. Would also like to see Himmy Bhai eventhough he lives in a world of his own he is very entertaining.