Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

#Devil's Den#This Info belongs to Devil's Den only (Page 84)

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 7:06pm | IP Logged

1.Opening scene: Maan tries to get Geet fulfill her part of the bargain- accept his kiss and backs her to the wall. She panics and calls him Maan which both stuns him as well as pleases him so much that he accepts it for now instead of the kiss and threatens that if she calls him Maan sir he will ' and looks at her lips leaving her no doubt. She shyly says she knows when to say 'Maan' and when to say 'Maan Sir'.

My confusion: Did Maan really want the kiss?  If he did, he would have kissed her when she leaned in towards him expectantly after saying that he too belongs only to her (in the Sat epi), instead of standing like a statue and letting the lights ruin the moment.  Having lost that opportunity he would have at least tried to make up in yesterday's epi. Instead he is pleased she called him 'Maan'. Now I would have understood it if was the very first time she ever called him Maan but it was not. So I was left confused.

And to add to my confusion, after hearing Maan's  threat which quite clearly implied that he will kiss her if she called him Maan sir, Geet says she knows when to call him Maan and when to call him Maan sir. Now does that mean on their SR she will call him Maan sir? That is the only way she will get him to kiss her it seems!

If I remember right, the first time Geet called him Maan was in HP when he was attacked by the goons. Fearing for his life she yelled out Maan. After their promises in the jungle, she was fairly consistently addressed him as Maan. It is only after the MU and Maan insisted that she call him Maan sir, did she switch back to it.  I feel they should have shown Maan insist that she reverts back to Maan when he accepted her back in his life. It would have been a symbol of normalization of their relationship.

Getting back to this issue at the current juncture looked a little out of place to me.  

What I would have preferred to see: When Maan approaches her for the kiss, Geet tightly squeezes her eyes shut and waits in anticipation and fear of the inevitable. Maan comes within inches of her lips but stops, asking her to recall what he had said earlier about not wanting to take his rights without her permission. So although he has won her challenge and gained the right to kiss her, he will not do so till she willingly grants him that. He knows that she will, once they are married and he is prepared to wait to then. 

Now this would have not only made the scene sensuous, it would have also shown how much Maan respects Geet's wishes, both spoken as well as unspoken.  

2.Arjun-Annie scene: Both get out of the lift and he calls her Anvesha. She wants to be called Annie. He provokes her by asking her what if he calls her Anvesha and she threatens that she will even cancel the contract if he does. She then snatches her cell from his hand (or was it his??).

My confusion: How did her cell land in his hand? Did I miss something here?

What I would have preferred to see: Frankly have no clue. I don't like this pair mainly because NM is so hopeless in the acting dept, I'm plain irritated to see her on the screen but I have to give it to the CVs for giving a sort of connection between this scene and the previous scene. Both the scenes had one thing in common.  In the first, Maan had a problem with Geet calling him 'Maan Sir' and in the second scene his sister had problem with Arjun calling her 'Anvesha'. It reminded me of earlier times when they always contrasted Maaneet scenes with Devtara scenes. Some thought seems to have gone here.

3.Annie-Tasha-Adi scene: Annie gets to see the invitation card which, by the way, had a grammatical mistake. It read "Mrs.Savitri Devi Khurana invites you with family for the Reception-Cum-Dinner on the auspicious occasion of the wedding of her grandson Maan weds Geet on 10th January 10 2011 (which someone pointed out was DD's birthday) between 6.30 p.m to 9.00 p.m."

It should have read Maan with Geet and not  Maan 'weds' Geet as the 'wedding' word had already come in the previous sentence.  Call me finicky but I did create quite a ruckus in the case of my own invitation card over such things. Moving  on to the scene, Annie is surprised to see Dev's name dropped from the card and is told by a 'helpful' Tasha that it was on the insistence of Maan, who did it for Geet. She also added that Geet is a family breaker. Adi and Romeo intervene and stop before more damage is done.

My confusion:  Why is Annie not surprised that Vicky's name is not there in the card? Do they have any intention of reviving this forgotten character? Has Vicky really turned into Annie as some of us feared? Or has Vicky been missing for far too long that no Khurana member really has any hopes of his existence? Although they showed Annie ask about Dev earlier, they did not give a proper conclusion to that scene. She seemed satisfied with Maan's vague answer. It required a wedding invite to make her think of her bro again?Highly unrealistic.  

What I would have preferred to see: Actually my mind goes blank every time I see Annie on the screen. I still can't digest her sudden appearance, especially when the existence of a legitimate character like Vicky is not confirmed.  I guess I could have lived with her saying (at least to herself) "I can understand Vicky's name not appearing in the card because we do not know where he is but why has Dev's name been dropped? And where is he, by the way? I have not seen him ever since I returned."

4.Maan-Geet-Dadi-Annie scene: Geet proudly shows her purchases to Dadi who is not too pleased with the white/offwhite dresses she has bought for an auspicious function like a wedding and advises her not to shop with Maan who will only make her select white (loved both GC's and DD's expressions in this scene).

Annie arrives there and Geet enthusiastically seeks her opinion on the dresses as she has a good fashion sense. Annie coldly asks her why she is not seeking her family member's counsel and wonders why not a single member of her family has arrived yet. Geet is sad and says that she has no family but Maan, Dadi and her. 

Dadi assures that Geet is right and she does not require any family but the Khuranas. Annie then questions where is the entire K family as she does not see Dev and NT. Dadi and Maan have no answer and Geet escapes from the delicate situation saying she'll go try the dress. Annie is surprised that Dadi does not seem bothered about Dev's absence. When asked about the wedding arrangements, she leaves saying she wants to rest.  

My confusion:  While Annie questions were all pertinent, I felt they were all ill timed. Should she not have raised these questions much before now? They seem to have been triggered only after she saw the card. That I find hard to digest. Why did Dadi and Maan not give a proper answer for Dev-NT absence? Did they think they can hide such a big truth from her for long? The whole town knows about the tamasha. Would it not be better for Annie to know the truth from her own family than a third person? And why is Maan not able to understand Annie's mood even after hearing her questions for which she did not get a satisfactory answer?

Would have preferred to see: At least one of them tell Annie the truth but then they may have wanted to retain the drama element.    

5.Geet-Maan scene:  Geet in her sexy saree thinks over Annie's words and laments that she has come between Maan and his family. She wonders what would Annie's reaction be if she comes to know the truth about Dev. When Maan enters, she pretends to smile. While initially he does not notice her pain, he does so later when he holds her hand in his and a tear drop falls on his hand (I think). He gets concerned but is not able to understand why she is sad. He questions her but she asks him to leave her alone. This hurts him for if there is one thing he cant stand, that is being away from her. He respects her wishes though and leaves thinking that he will give her some time alone but will soon make her happy again.

My confusion: This was the only scene I liked in the episode. Geet's fear, regarding the choices Maan may have to make in future, was well portrayed. Although Maan had earlier assured her that she was not responsible for this situation and he was merely supporting the truth, she feared that he could get cut off from Annie too if his sister did not think like him and instead supported Dev.  Knowing how close he is to his sister, Geet feels bad about what may be in store.  So I guess her feelings are justified. What I found confusing is why Maan could not read her feelings after listening to Annie's questions earlier? Especially with Geet herself voicing her concern over breaking up his family in the terrace scene, should he not have connected the two together?  If not that, he could have at least thought that Geet may be missing her family as Annie mentioned them. He knows how close she was to her parents from what she said in the HP scene.  So why did he not think in that direction at least?

What I would have preferred to see: Maan at least presuming that Geet's sadness is to do with missing her family and planning to get her parents for the wedding.

6.Maan-Dadi-Arjun scene: Maan and Dadi have gone to the wedding planner's office to discuss the sangeet arrangement. Maan is on his way to the office. Dadi stops to attend a phone call. Some men are repairing a pipe above and accidentally let go. Pipe crashes and Arjun saves Dadi just in time.

My confusion: Didn't really have any except an observation that it was a lame way to repair pipes.

What I would have preferred to see: I guess I'll get to see it today. So will reserve my comments for now.

Overall, the episode was good in bits and pieces but the overall effect left me confused. It took me to read Jyo's take and also rewatch the episode to realize what I was confused about and what I would have liked to see instead. I have to commend the CVs for bringing back the pace in the show (which had gone missing for some time) considering that they gave us 6 scenes yesterday but I felt there was some sort of disjoint.

Sorry for this extra long take. If you are still reading it, thank you for your patience.

Edited by Opti - 20 December 2010 at 7:30pm

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

Anvi2009polly23veil_of_roses-Divine--pixie-jyoti06md410BheegiBasantiliv2laughBlueberry_07Meetu_AnuAnjanaYYZCute_Ash

geet.a IF-Sizzlerz
geet.a
geet.a

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 7:15pm | IP Logged
Hello guys! Hugs to all

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

polly23

Cute_Ash IF-Stunnerz
Cute_Ash
Cute_Ash

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 7:34pm | IP Logged
So right now i was actually dreaming tht I wuld be in my flight to switzerland but NO snow had to cancel it huh anyway on the good side I finished my statistics revision and for a break Maan's dostana affairs episode as well so here it is

oFF NOW good nightHug

polly23

geet.a IF-Sizzlerz
geet.a
geet.a

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 8:12pm | IP Logged
Ashii sweets! Loved it :))

polly23

AnjanaYYZ IF-Stunnerz
AnjanaYYZ
AnjanaYYZ

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 8:14pm | IP Logged
Empty Threats
- The never-ending journey from Maan to Maan Sir to Maan! Don't blame the ladki, but Mein Stooped Khurana...He's the one who insisted she call him "Sir' and now goes n trades it for a kiss! Is there an opportunity then Maan will surely MISS! In HP he saved ladki, but Dev pataoed her. In Delhi, he proposed and proposed and proposed till he got "Yes" and Dev turned it into a "NO" with 1 appearance while Maan's brains went to Planet Disappearance! Oops sorry....forgot the task at hand ain't to diss de MAAN:P

- Anvil fires Arrow...ladki first get a Bow! Her acting still needs to grow! His hair look's like a crows!

-Seeds of trouble Taasha does sow - Romeo mate no need to aim so low:P Give Adi some competition with Pinky, Yo!

- Looks like Anvil will tapkofy on de morrow on Geet's ki Sir. Someone please find "Maan Sir":P 

- Jokes Apart: Anvil's questions deserve answer! Finally, Nissar & Co. rediscovers Logic! 

Colorless Threads 
- Geet in a Sari? Looking like an hawt abla nari;) Wat Annaari can resist?! D'uh - Maan Sir"! Don't worry it won't last long, he's got prem bimaari:D

Story Beads
- Arjun saves Daadi from Danda! Finally, story moving and Ved drinking's Thanda! I thought we would have to send him aanda:X

Character Deeds
- Secondary Characters - like Daadi serve varying purposes. Daadi's often a neutral catalyst that the creatives use to move the story where they want. Maaneet romance ya separation...watever is the want!
- She moves with the reason of de story.  Loves her grandchildren wholly and wants them to be on happy family.  Nothing wrong with her logic, but life is tragic.  Despite all her wealth, her grandchildren are divergent: some principled and others weak and some sik!    

Edited by AnjanaYYZ - 20 December 2010 at 8:58pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

polly23-pixie-jyoti06

AnjanaYYZ IF-Stunnerz
AnjanaYYZ
AnjanaYYZ

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 8:16pm | IP Logged
Wow - Opti - u seem confusedLOL  

polly23

Lhethal.Me IF-Sizzlerz
Lhethal.Me
Lhethal.Me

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 8:20pm | IP Logged
*Pallo sliding in*

HHHHHOOOLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAA CHICAS!!!

polly23

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 8:27pm | IP Logged
Anj, so I left you confused with my confusion? I'm sure now I tested your patience with that long lamentation! Can understand it.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

polly23AnjanaYYZ

Go to top