Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil

India-Forums

|| Ehsaas - SS || (updated pg. 8 - 02/3) (Page 4)

-Bee- IF-Dazzler
-Bee-
-Bee-

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 6:52am | IP Logged
Hey guys! I'm back with another update, and first of all I just want to say a big SORRY to all those people who wanted to be added to a PM list. Actually, I'm really swamped with work right now, as college started, so I won't be able to send out PM's on this update. I'll be able to start from next week, I hope. Sorry, once again. Thanks to everyone who commented and pressed the like button. *squishy hug* to you all. Anyway, enjoy... Big smile

Chapter 2

'Pihu! Will you stop moving around so much for ONE second?! You need to take these drops, or the infection will get worse!' Anurag said sternly. He had twisted both of Pihu's hands into one of his hands, while his other hand was holding a dropper over her eye. 'But... no! There must be some other way! I don't want that thing near my eye!' Pihu whined as she scrunched her eyes shut and refused to open them. Anurag sighed, exasperated as he pushed his full body weight on her, pinning her to his fridge door, and brought the dropper closer. Pihu's eyes opened for a split second, but then shut them just as quickly, as she saw the dropper again. She tried to calm down her accelerated heartbeat, as she had noticed how close Anurag's face was, in those few seconds she had opened her eyes. Anurag had to mentally shake himself to concentrate on the task at hand. Pihu's cute face and stubborn expression melted his heart, every time she pouted. Preet had been right, she did have a cute nose. He shut down his train of thought, and sternly repeated, 'Pihu, if you do not open your eyes this moment, I won't let you stay here tonight!' Pihu didn't even bother to open her eyes, 'Oh, please! Preet's over at Meher's like he has been every other day this past month, and you know I have nowhere else to stay. Like you would leave me homeless. You're not that heartless, Anurag Ganguly! Besides, I know how to cook your favourite chicken biryani!' She stuck out her tongue, and Anurag had to take a deep breath again, before continuing, 'I won't let you watch your favourite show!' Anurag could've sworn Pihu rolled her eyes, beneath her closed lids, 'I'll wrestle the remote away from you, like I always do!' 'I'll disturb you when you talk to Rudra!' 'I don't car... I mean, I'll lock the door,' Pihu bit her tongue as she almost blurted out the truth about how monotonous her talks with Rudra had gotten. She felt like they had nothing to talk... argue about. Till date, they had never had a heart-to-heart talk about anything. It was mostly their arguments and cute fights that defined their relationship. She could not honestly remember the last time they had a serious conversation. Anurag decided to drop the bombshell, 'I won't take you with me on my trip to LA,' Pihu gasped, and opened her eyes in shock. Taking advantage of her momentary lapse in concentration, he quickly squeezed out two drops into her right eye, which had been bothering her off late. Pihu blinked furiously, before she looked back at Anurag with her eyes narrowed, 'You didn't really mean that last statement did you?' Anurag smirked down at her, 'I don't know. I'll tell you in 6 hours, the next time you have to take these drops.'

Their conversation was interrupted by their study group for presentations walking in at that very moment. Preet and Meher walked in, a little surprised, but used to finding Anurag and Pihu in various odd poses since Pihu had started taking her eyedrops. The rest of the 6 members of the group stopped short, as they all looked curiously at Anurag pinning Pihu to the wall, with her hands behind her back, and their faces 2 inches apart. It was common knowledge in the campus now, that Anurag was finally paying attention to a girl. That did not deter any of the female population however. They remained hopelessly hopeful, as it was also common knowledge that Pihu had a boyfriend back in India. Her beauty and personality had gained Pihu quite a few admirers of her own. But, her dating status had quickly spread after the first person had asked her out. Her reply had been so scathing, that he had left in tears. Anurag had been in splits for the rest of the day, and soon Pihu had joined in his laughter, instead of fuming about the incident, like she usually would have done.

At this very moment, the rest of the study group looked like they were having second thoughts about all the rumours floating around. Their expressions soon turned into amused smiles, as Anurag quickly took a step back and laughingly explained about Pihu's fear of eye-drops. Pouting, Pihu followed Anurag into the kitchen to get some snacks for everyone. Over the last month she had come to regard his flat as her own, much more than Meher's, because of the amount of time she spent over there. She had even stayed over a couple of times, when Preet and Meher went on late dates, or simply because she felt too tired to go home. Preet had been joking about switching roommates, and to tell the truth, Pihu felt it would be more convenient if they did. Anurag's flat was closer to the university, and she just spent much more time over there. However, she had no idea how to broach the subject with her parents, or Rudra.

'Where's the ladle?' Anurag muttered, as he searched the drawers. He was a neat and organised person by nature, and had to keep on telling Pihu to put everything back in its original place. The usually careless Pihu compromised on his rules in the flat, as long as he followed her rules when they went out. Pihu, true to her word, wanted to enjoy this year abroad as much as possible, and for that, they explored the city, Anurag showing her his favourite hangouts. They were even planning a couple of trips out of the city. Anurag's father had ordered him to oversee a couple of their projects in LA. Despite not having any direct contact with his father, Anurag still agreed to go, as he was the one providing for his lifestyle in the US. Pihu brandished the ladle, under his nose, 'Here it is, where you always keep it, and where you've even taught me to keep it,' She looked at him, and softly asked, 'The trip to LA reminded you of your father?' Anurag nodded, as he absentmindedly leaned against the fridge door. Pihu looked at him sternly, 'Please, Anurag. Call him. Just talk to him once. Have you ever thought of why he keeps on giving you these projects and assignments? Maybe he wants to get in touch with you, but he doesn't know how to! You haven't exactly given him a chance...' Anurag shook his head, 'I haven't forgotten how he sent me away, and how he refused for years to talk to me or let me come home. I stopped caring at a certain point of time. Whatever his intentions, he can't be bothered to ever call. These half instructions by e-mail to go to this site, or that site, are not enough. Not after all those years of ignorance.' He said fiercely, drawing Pihu close, as he rested his chin on her head, 'Besides what about you? Finally decided to talk to your parents about what you want?' Pihu stiffened against his chest. But, she sighed and shook her head. 'Well, I guess we're both screwed up.' Anurag smiled. Pihu followed his cue, and chuckled. She knew she would have to face her parents sooner or later, about her desire to continue her studies abroad, but she couldn't imagine them agreeing to it. Yet, she couldn't even bring herself to go back to India, back to the stifling atmosphere of her small town. The reason she came here in the first place was to get away from that, and now she felt like she had found her home here. Jerking themselves out of their respective brooding, they finally got down to finishing the snack they had come to make.

Soon Anurag and Pihu sat themselves back down with the group and got to work. Preet couldn't help but look over at his friend and how carefree he had become. He didn't know Pihu well, but he sensed that she had mellowed down; she was starting to take more mature decisions than before. He knew that Anurag and Pihu were good for each other, they balanced out each other's extreme natures, but he also knew about Taani and Rudra. That had been the topic of conversation between him and Meher as they had walked in. They both staunchly believed that Pihu and Anurag needed to address the obvious attraction they were feeling for each other. The sight that met them in the kitchen just strengthened this belief of theirs. Now it was up to Pihu and Anurag to embrace what was staring them in the face.

Well, that's it. If I finish my work fast tonight, I may be able to put up the next chapter... LOL *fingers crossed*

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

nspn.92snehasharmaAMMI6soapsicksweetanu2314munni_sheelaluvharshiti--Mehak---Garima-khajjuiheartChai-SnowKid-sweta2005mazkachazkaSukruthauswah-Fatima-

sweta2005 IF-Sizzlerz
sweta2005
sweta2005

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 7:09am | IP Logged
awesomeeeeeeee too good lovelyyyyyyyy part waitingggggg for next asap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Bee-

--Mehak-- IF-Dazzler
--Mehak--
--Mehak--

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 3:03pm | IP Logged
Hey Bee!Big smile*Waves* How are you doing? And yes this time I wont reserve!LOL Thats just not fair when you reserve and forget to comment on such peice of work!Big smileIt was simply fabulous Bee!You understood their characters so well that I was actually amazed!Amazed that it seems they're actually coming together and never started coming in separate shows in the first place!Big smile I was telling Hiba how much i adore your writing style Bee and the kind of scenes you chose for them are really unique!Like the eye drops one..Amazing job! And you know Anurag saying 'Pihu' sounded so cute!Day Dreaming Yeah I can be really weird sometimesLOL And now I cant wait for them to ditch Rudra and Taani *evil smile* ROFL What a sight for sore eyes!Big smile Overall, I love the idea, the dialogues and the presence of Preet was a cherry on the top!Thankyou for such a lovely story!Cant wait to read more! And did I tell, 'Pehle Baar Hiba ne koi aqal ka kaam kia hai!ROFL *runs away*

Love, Mehak

-Bee-

iheartChai IF-Rockerz
iheartChai
iheartChai

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
Loved the update! Clap

The eye drop scene was totally fab.  I hardly pay much attention to the prospective shows that Phiu and Anurag are from so I can't say much about their personalities...but I do like their personalities here in the fic of what you've shown of them.

I do hope you are able to update with another part soon.

Eagerly awaiting the next post! 

-Bee-

Sukrutha IF-Sizzlerz
Sukrutha
Sukrutha

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
that was awesome blossom...Big smile

-Bee-

-Bee- IF-Dazzler
-Bee-
-Bee-

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 2:39am | IP Logged
Okay, so I missed my night deadline, because I was so exhausted from the day, and I fell asleep. LOL So, I'm putting up the next update, now. Thank you to everyone who has commented and pressed the like button... another *squishy hug* to you all. Big smile I'll be back with replies to the comments this evening (I've got a class now LOL). For now, the next update, because I couldn't post it at night. So, without further ado...

Chapter 3

Pihu hit the snooze button on her alarm for the 5th time, as she settled into her pillow more comfortably. She knew for a fact that Anurag would walk through her door in a minute, and start with his daily routine of waking her up. She never set an alarm for that very reason, but they were leaving today for LA, and she didn't want to take any chances. As if on cue, Anurag walked through her door, still in his vest and towel-drying his wet hair. He wrenched open Pihu's curtains, as he called out sternly, 'Pihu, get up! We're already running late, and you know we have a flight to catch!' Pihu bit back her grin, as she stayed still with her eyes shut. By now, she would've usually started to moan and hide under the covers, but she felt like pulling Anurag's leg today. Anurag looked down at the supposedly sleeping Pihu. He thought she looked angelic, even in the ragged t-shirt that she went to bed in, which was 2 sizes too small for her. But, as his eyes swept over her sleeping face one last time, he knew something was up. Pihu would never stay quiet if someone tried to wake her up. Smirking, Anurag went into her bathroom, and soon Pihu could hear the sound of water running. She guessed that he was getting a glass of water to throw on her, in order to wake her up. So, she stiffened, immediately ready to duck, or divert the water his way. Her eyes flew open in shock, however, as she felt her bed disappear beneath her, as Anurag picked her up. 'Anurag! What are you doing!? Put me down!' Pihu had flung her arms around his neck as a reflex, as he had picked her up. Clutching him with one hand, she tried to hit him feebly with the other, as she felt her laughter bubbling up. Her laughter soon turned to shrieking as they stepped inside the bathroom, and she saw that the sound of the water running was actually coming from the bathtub, which was now half full. Anurag stepped up to the edge, as Pihu continued to pummel him half-heartedly, 'Anurag! Come on! I'm awake, and you know that!' 'Awake?!' Anurag echoed with a devilish gleam in his eyes. 'Really? But you were sleeping so soundly just a second ago!' Pihu pouted, 'Fine, so my little trick failed. Now put me down!' Anurag hesitated for a second, before he plopped her in the middle of the half full tub. Pihu gasped in shock, before she grabbed hold of the showerhead, and sprayed Anurag in the face, 'Pihu! I just took a shower! I was saving you time!' 'Yeah right! Saving me time!' As he was wiping his face with one hand, she tugged on his free hand hard, so he lost balance and fell into the tub next to her. Anurag didn't even waste a second, before he retaliated by wrenching the showerhead from her hand, and turning it on her. Left to her own devices, Pihu could only splash him, until they both finally got tired and leaned against each other, at one end of the tub. 'Well, I suppose you've showered now,' Anurag commented as he looked down at their now drenched clothes. Their laughter echoed in the small bathroom, as they looked at the outcome of their pranks on each other. 'Fine, I won't trick you again,' Anurag grinned down at her, 'Don't even think about it. I always know when you're lying,' He warned as he brought his face closer to hers. For a moment, Pihu couldn't think. Anurag's face was once again, just a few inches away, and she became fully aware of how she was leaning against his drenched body. Anurag snapped himself away from gazing at Pihu's lips, and got up, extending a hand to Pihu. He looked away for a split second, to take a deep breath, before he turned back to Pihu who was taking his hand, and getting up. 'Now that I've had my first shower, I should probably take my second,' Pihu grinned, her breathing still a bit shallow. Anurag nodded wordlessly, and walked out, tossing her a grin on the way. Pihu closed the bathroom door, and finally took a deep breath. Both Anurag and Pihu could recognise what was going on between them. They also knew the limits on their relationship. Rudra and Taani remained in between them without physically being present. Without exchanging a word, Anurag and Pihu had learned to suppress the attraction they felt towards each other. Neither one had the courage to openly broach the subject as they could not afford to lose what they had together.

Pihu looked around her bathroom and felt a sense of contentment that she had never felt before. She knew that this was right. Her decision to move in with Anurag had been made in the spur of the moment as he had obstinately pulled her back when she found herself leaving his house at 3 am for the 4th time that week. Anurag had unceremoniously called Preet, who was at Meher's, to tell him that he could collect his luggage from the living room tomorrow. From now on, his room was to be Pihu's room. Preet had simply muttered that it took them long enough, before his snores were heard over the phone. Pihu still remembered the way Anurag had looked up as he hung up on Preet and asked her if she wanted to keep Preet's blue wallpaper, as he thought it was a bit too bland for her liking. The smile that had spread across Pihu's face at that moment mirrored the one that spread across her face now, as she thought back to that night. She had immediately called up her parents to tell them that she was moving to a place closer to her college. The fact that she was moving in with Anurag was a fact that she left for a later time. Rudra had of course taken it badly, when he had heard the news, demanding the full details of all her new flatmates, as well as a formal introduction. Pihu had angrily cut the call after 15 minutes of wearily trying to explain how unreasonable his demands were. Pihu's smile faltered as she remembered how abrupt and sporadic her phone calls with Rudra were becoming. When he wasn't scolding her on her 'new lifestyle', he was doubting her. Her frown became a full-feldged scowl as she thought back to the time when she was having a movie night with Meher, when Rudra had called her and blasted her for hanging out with guys all the time, as he heard guy's voices coming from the TV. He had advised her to behave more like his new friend, Gauri, before the call had ended like all their conversations, with Pihu hanging up the phone. The few conversations that did pass without arguments were filled with blank silences, and either her talking about Anurag, or him comparing her with Gauri.

'Pihu, I don't hear the sound of water running, so I assume you're done?' Anurag's voice called out through the door. Pihu jerked out of her trance, and a trace of her smile returned. 'Hmph! Wait a minute. I'm trying to sort out the mess you made of this bathroom,' Pihu called back. Anurag outside the door rolled his eyes, 'Please! I think I'm being a bad influence on you. You're trying to clean up the water in a bathroom?' Pihu chuckled, the twinkle in her eyes returning, and stepped into the shower, focussing only on her upcoming trip with Anurag.

Edited by -Bee- - 24 December 2010 at 2:40am

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

nspn.92snehasharmaAMMI6soapsicksweetanu2314munni_sheelaluvharshitikhajjuMeraCheekuVirat-Garima-iheartChai-SnowKid-uswahSukruthasweta2005-Fatima-

...Pwincess... IF-Sizzlerz
...Pwincess...
...Pwincess...

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 3:06am | IP Logged
mine!!

-Bee-

sweta2005 IF-Sizzlerz
sweta2005
sweta2005

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 3:09am | IP Logged
awesomeeeeeeee too good lovelyyyyyyyy part waitingggggg for next asap