India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Why is Sonam so popular? (Page 7)

LifeOLicious IF-Sizzlerz
LifeOLicious
LifeOLicious

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 4:00pm | IP Logged

I think both look and emotions are equally important. If you get the emotions right and don't look anything like what you are trying to portray the character is not convincing. She can get emotions right even while looking and talking like Sonam Kapoor but she will still be Sonam and not the character she is playing. And by look I don't mean just the clothes...the clothes, the styling, the accent, the body language...everything. For a serious actor it is even more important to look, speak and walk the character....you play a girl living in the slums but you dress like a middle class working woman with an urban accent....even with right emotions, the emotions are superficial and unconvincing. Sonam needs to go away and blend into the movie....and she does that well IMO. Emotions also vary with character...not every character emote in the same way...an Aisha would not cry like a Sakina....a Bittu would not get angry in the same way Simran would...not saying Sonam is a pro but she is quite good and I find that she understands these things when she plays a character. She emotes the way the character demands. Not saying she is perfect...lots of room for improvement of course. 

I find her ahead of her contemporaries from what I have seen on screen....and she is only 4 films old....all her contemporaries have done 10-20 films already.  Saying she can't act is not fair either...especially when she has played four very different characters and was quite convincing...makes me sound qutie an arrogant fan but this is what I honestly think. I have high expectations from Sonam and let's see if she lives upto them...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

melancholicKaJen.xoxoruky786sinamika

pomegranate IF-Rockerz
pomegranate
pomegranate

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 4:15pm | IP Logged
I don't  know, never liked her. she always came across as an immature brat to me and plus, she can't even act.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

lexusdevilglitterskawal_takKataliciousMeena1relentless.

relentless. IF-Stunnerz
relentless.
relentless.

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 4:19pm | IP Logged
In my opinion, Sonam is nothing but arrogant who has airs for nothing. She's not a great actress at  all, she's not beautiful either as i've seen her in real life, she looks like a disaster, she looks nice offscreen because of lights, camera's, make-up and moreover plastic surgeries that these actresses go through almost every day. Sonam is just popular due to her superstar dad, she's just way too overrated and over-hyped for NOTHING.

Comparatively, look at Anushka Sharma, she's one amazing actress, i can say an all rounder. She's not only gorgeous with perfect features, but also a great dancer, a great person, so humble and down to earth, all her films have been big hits so far, be it RNBDJ, Badmaash Company and Band Baaja Baraat, she is so amazing, but again deserves that recognition which she is not getting. She's just too underrated, because she can beat all the new actress in terms of acting, personality, talent, looks...Everything!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

lexusdevilglitterskoolchickkawal_takMeena1Terenaina

lalixlily IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 4:59pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen

KaJen.xoxo IF-Sizzlerz
KaJen.xoxo
KaJen.xoxo

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 5:06pm | IP Logged
Why Sonam is popular? well lot of people got that right she's from filmy family and from very talented Kapoor family, actor Anil Kapoor's daughter that's enough reason to know why she's popular. second she has tried to prove her verstailty by doing various roles from Sawwariyan to delhi6 to I hate Luv stroys, to Aisha. yes i agree she needs to improve ery much and prove herself but when she's compared to other actreses for example Deepika or Kat  they kinda fall in same place. the reason i love her is casue she has her own set of opinion and she's beautiful yet she's spolied brat at times but that doesn't make me hate her or think why she's popular without reason everyone has different way to  present their self, even if she would never plan to come in bollywood and do magazine covers instead she still be in news cause she's anil kapoor's daughter. and plus i think she has that vintage looks that none other actresses today have like sonam has and her fashion sense is beyond amazing to me give girl sometime. sure other actresses are underrated never get recongition but that's how bollywood is child actors have easy path to go where other have to work more harder but yes all actors have to pay their dues and prove them self as an actor like Kareena did.
lalixlily IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 5:14pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

glitters

lexusdevil Groupbie
lexusdevil
lexusdevil

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 5:16pm | IP Logged
Good question! LOL I've always felt that Sonam K is way too hyped, i dont appreciate the way she talks about her co-stars, she's very impolite, and her nose is always high up in the air Ermm. Moreover onl fashion sense doesnt mean everything, i think her fashion sense is pathetic, she cant even dress well. I still remember her very first appearance when she was kind of camera shy at the time where she was helping Sanjay Leela bhansali in the technical team or so, she was dressed pathetic, looked bad and her very 1st interview itself showed how impolite she is. Even leaving behaviour and attitude aside, she is very immatured and thinks too high of herself, look at her dad and look at her, there's absolutely no comparison whatsoever.

Amazing actresses like Asin and Anushkha are underrated for no reasons. Asin is one ethnic beauty and is so full of talent and skill, same goes for Anushka too, whereas Sonam has absolutely nothing in her.

This is all my POV, no offence intended, and please dont misquote and preach to me

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

glitterskawal_takrelentless.

qwww IF-Dazzler
qwww
qwww

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 5:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by maddy1973

Padu.... LOL  Who nicknamed that to Deepika.... Reminded me of a Dish from Karnataka called Paddu...
Qwww.. Where are you....

and this is what it looks like...

Arrey  - here I am eating some bland pasta and you make my mouth water with such pictures. That looks really delicious especially on a cold evening . Smile My mum makes it but we call it mulka - both the sweet and savory varieties.
Is Padu Deepika's nickname ? since you are her "family friend" Wink what is her mother tongue? Konkani ?

Nuktaacheen

Go to top