Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

DOTW - Creative Viewing (Page 3)

destinylove IF-Rockerz
destinylove
destinylove

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 7:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by The_May_Rose

Interactive viewing has become an ever increasing pheonominum....The credit for which may be given to the rise of social network sites or reality TV....It could even be, because viewers want to control the content of what they watch and this could have both positve and negative consequences....This is especially relevent to Rang Badalti Odhani viewers as members of the creative team. Creative_1 & PARADOX_1, are active on this forum... 

' Discussion Of The Week '

What kind of viewer are you?....Interactive or like to be surprised?

Not over interactive but at the same time would like to interact..... But i love surprises too.

What do you look for most in a show?

Of course a good story line with some thing new to offer  presentation plus good acting especially by themale and female  leads is my main criteria.

Should the production team take viewers demands into consideration or trust their own creative vision?  

It should be a good mix of both... they must take into account what is to  the main essence of their views....,Plus they must defintely have good trust in their creatives vision also.

Should viewers guide creativity or should their views be kept to comment and concerns?
  I honestly dont believe in viewers guiding creativity..

because they view too many shows in different channels  and might not know  the real demands of the business plus the  demands of the particualr  story line with respect to the channel in which it is shown   as well as the  other aspects involved etc.,  

so their views should be kept to comments and concerns....not guiding creativity

Merely suggesting itself will do a lot....

Too many cooks will spoil the broth in my view..

Does too much viewer feedback block creativity and damage the show?

Not fully... i think the creatives are mature enough to handle such things ...too much of anything negative  would definitley damage the show...though not in full.. 

Who benifits more from audience participation?...The channel from increased revenue or the viewer, by having the show the way they want?...

I guess it is the audience more

because for the channel it is a daily mandatory  routine to have audience participation

but for audience they seem to benefit  more  from the sense of contribution..(though it may not be fully true that things happen only because of viewers feedbacks)..

Do you feel audience demand is considered or does the the channel & production team make the ultimate discisions for their own benifit?.

In my view to certain extent permissible they might consider viewers demands but major decision is by channel and production house ..becuase they  are the ones investing money...and viewers always have the choice of stop watching.

With such a varied taste amonge audiences, can the production team ever please everyone?....

Impossible ..To please everyone.some where ...some one... will always be unsatisfied and unhappy in some way..on something

What would be your advice to the creatives about audience views?...(Please keep this related to the DOTW )

My advice would be please read the suggestions and try to incorporate them ...  any new good ideas etc....which appeal to u as well.. to teh other aspects like .,to the channel etc.,

the discussion, which you think are relevent to this discussionSmile  
dear fellow RBO friends Dont too much look into each and every minute details critically .... just have more patience. 
give them support., love and a bit of appreciation always  apart from critcisim....

Edited by sshriyaa84 - 20 December 2010 at 9:22am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

jyothi1989rafia 24MFRanjini-Manita-The_May_Rose

The_May_Rose IF-Sizzlerz
The_May_Rose
The_May_Rose

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 11:50am | IP Logged
@Shriya - Nice answers and hope CVs reward us for our supportSmile.....

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Manita-

_sana.Magic_ IF-Rockerz
_sana.Magic_
_sana.Magic_

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 3:37am | IP Logged
@May...thnx tht u find my answers good

The_May_Rose

The_May_Rose IF-Sizzlerz
The_May_Rose
The_May_Rose

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
I brought this thread forward as it seems especially relivent at the moment.....
-SYS- IF-Dazzler
-SYS-
-SYS-

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
Hahaha very relevant discussion as per present scenario

Till now didn't know this much of interaction was possible.I like to be surprised.Pleasantly though.

The plot.It should make sense and balance a sense of reality and entertainment.The writing-even if the basics of the story is good it needs good writing to carry on the story.The acting-without good acting the plot and dialogues are just the recipe, not the cake.

Should the production team take viewers demands into consideration or trust their own creative vision?
Trust their own creative vision.Once they have started off something with a vision in mind and it catches everyone's fancy they should stick with that and move with it.

Should viewers guide creativity or should their views be kept to comment and concerns?
Kept to comments and concerns.However the creatives should also keep to the original ideas and thoughts and not let it go downhill.If you establish a standard keep building it up or atleast maintain it.

It might.Depends on how those in charge let feedback influence them.Keep the essence intact and nothing will suffer.
Who benifits more from audience participation?...The channel from increased revenue or the viewer, by having the show the way they want?....
 The channel because it shows that the viewers' interests are invested in their project.The viewer because he feels that the channel cares for him as a viewer and he is happy.
Do you feel audience demand is considered or does the the channel & production team make the ultimate discisions for their own benifit?...
Ultimate decision is obviously based in the channel's own benefit.

With such a varied taste amonge audiences, can the production team ever please everyone?....
Actually the PT shouldn't aim to please everyone-that would just result in a mess with no head or tail.But they can aim for the majority.
What would be your advice to the creatives about audience views?...(Please keep this related to the DOTW )
 Consider all views but at the end of the day remember what you started off with.That is what made the show popular in the first place and that is what will take it places
Please add any further points to the discussion, which you think are relevent to this discussionSmile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rafia 24The_May_Rose

-Veena- IF-Stunnerz
-Veena-
-Veena-

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 3:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by The_May_Rose

' Discussion Of The Week '

To be Surprised..... i don't like suggesting..i think CV's are CV's for a reason
and they have certain ideas for the show.. let them take the lead.. and show us their story.

Stable story.. regardless of what it is.
NO OTT!!

Own creative vision.. because they started the show with an intent..
with a story in mind.. let them tell their story.

Viewers should definately comment.. but not bogg CV's down with their
passion of the show.. that is when it get crazy!

Yes.. in my POV!

Who benifits more from audience participation?...The channel from increased revenue or the viewer, by having the show the way they want?....
The channel.. because the Channel takes what is most going in the show
and pressurizes the CV's to create it to benefit them.. regardless if
it fits with the show or not.

Do you feel audience demand is considered or does the the channel & production team make the ultimate discisions for their own benifit?...
The Channel and PT make the ultimate decision.. this is a business there are not here for social service.. they will do what benefits them (sorry to be blunt)

Nope.. Period!!!

Wish the CV's got the liberty to do what they want... instead they get pressured by the audiance and the PH.. which makes it all a different story.. i would advice the CV's don't ask for suggestions.. instead read the forums for feedbacks and make a show.
Make the show that you visioned verses the show that is demanded.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rafia 24The_May_Rose

rafia 24 IF-Dazzler
rafia 24
rafia 24

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 3:56pm | IP Logged
Great questions May already had some good responses and some questions were tricky but here goes 

I like to be surprised but when I joined the forum I became more interactive otherwise I never felt as I had any input so there was no need to participate but having creatives on board is a nice outlet. whether they listen is another story

Originality, good acting, (good looking actors help Wink) and realism- something we as an audience can relate to or believe to be true

In general they should trust in their own creative vision because if they can't how is the audience meant to believe in the show and where its heading, however if they are ever really stomped or theres a sudden change in circumstance e.g. KT falling ill then viewers opinions/demands should at least be considered as we are the ones keeping the show afloat- no viewers= no show

I think creativity should be left to the creators otherwise but sense of surprise and need would there be left in watching a show, thus viewers should aid creators by voicing concerns/ showing appreciation for things that work

I don't think so as I don't truly believe our feedback is taken into account, when they ask for it it's more for us the viewers to feel engaged/apart of the show.

If it works as in both viewers and creatives work together then the relationship is synergistic thus both benefit, otherwise its mainly the channel via revenue, trp etc

As mentioned before production team make the ultimate discisions for their own benifit

No, NEVER they aim to please the MASS

At least consider them if the majority of the viewers want the same e.g. shanak in dhulwali then cater to their wants but if it is a minority dismiss it

The_May_Rose

The_May_Rose IF-Sizzlerz
The_May_Rose
The_May_Rose

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:22am | IP Logged
Excellent answers from everyoneThumbs Up....

Go to top