Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

DOTW - Creative Viewing (Page 2)

tvrasika IF-Rockerz
tvrasika
tvrasika

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 3:43am | IP Logged
My response in bold

What kind of viewer are you?....Interactive or like to be surprised?
Both. Didnt expect to ever interact with CVs but when it became possible, liked the idea.

What do you look for most in a show?
Story. Most important. No story, no show! Then the way the story is presented, the characters and actors. Casting is important only next to a story I feel. If they get the casting wrong, no matter how good the story is, it won't reach the people.

Should the production team take viewers demands into consideration or trust their own creative vision?
They should definitely trust their vision. If they don't. who will? Viewers should not make 'unreasonable' demands. But they can make requests, point out areas that need attention. To start with, a show might just be the CV's baby, but eventually, viewers also start feeling a sense of ownership. So they care about how the show fares in today's competitive atmosphere.

Should viewers guide creativity or should their views be kept to comment and concerns?
I wouldn't want to 'guide' CVs. But I would like to comment and hope for my comments to be looked at, at the least.

Does too much viewer feedback block creativity and damage the show?
Too much of anything can affect anything! Both viewers and CVs should know how to handle this interaction. There are some core aspects of a show that should not be compromised. As long as that is intact, viewer feedback will not affect creativity.

Who benefits more from audience participation?...The channel from increased revenue or the viewer, by having the show the way they want?....
The channel, first, because it means more revenue... and the viewers if their comments and concerns are taken into account and the show does better and better.

Do you feel audience demand is considered or does the the channel & production team make the ultimate discisions for their own benifit?...
Definitely, the channel and PH make (and should make) the final decisions. Their benefit? How can a show that does not please majority audience benefit them? If they benefit, the audience also benefits in way of good entertainment, I hope.

With such a varied taste among audiences, can the production team ever please everyone?....
No. They cannot. The 'audience' is not a homogenous category. Viewers come from varied backgrounds, age groups, countries, and cultures. It's impossible to keep everyone happy all the time. But in spite of all these differences, the fact that members of a forum watch a show, means they have something in common. That commonality should be understood by the CVs- what holds this group together? That aspect should not be compromised- whether it is preference for a lead pair, or story, or genre (romance, family drama).

What would be you advice amount audience views to the creatives?...(Please keep this related to the DOTW )
Sorry. This question is unclear.

Please add any further points to the discussion, which you think are relevent to this discussionSmile

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

rafia 24jyothi1989-SYS-destinylove-Manita-MFRanjiniThe_May_RoseLimitLessFan-Deepali-

-Manita- IF-Rockerz
-Manita-
-Manita-

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 3:57am | IP Logged
@ Jaya and Gaayu......I appreciate your take and answers.

Your answers also reflect the TV viewing experience that you have from different channels......so loved them all the more....Clap

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kubareLimitLessFan-Deepali-

LimitLessFan IF-Stunnerz
LimitLessFan
LimitLessFan

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 4:04am | IP Logged
ah thanks mani ,Hug its not about experience , its about wt u appreciate in a show and how u like to trust them 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

destinylovekubareThe_May_Rose-Deepali-

_sana.Magic_ IF-Rockerz
_sana.Magic_
_sana.Magic_

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 4:27am | IP Logged

' Discission Of The Week '

Both...I like to be a combo of both the things

shanak and presently m curious to know why rahul is bent on taking revenge from shaan

Should the production team take viewers demands into consideration or trust their own creative vision?
 They shud do both...so that their is correct amalgamation of both & both of them can be satisfied and happy
Should viewers guide creativity or should their views be kept to comment and concerns?
They cn guide creativity if they really have a good idea about it...thn there's no harm

No....I think on the contrary CV's come to know what the viewers think about the show and can improve on that basis

Who benifits more from audience participation?...The channel from increased revenue or the viewer, by having the show the way they want?....
I think its 2 sided affair...both will benefit

Do you feel audience demand is considered or does the the channel & production team make the ultimate discisions for their own benifit?...
Sometimes they r considered when it is valid and the when the CV's feel that its a better plot than theirs & mostly audiences wishes for some very popular scenes which are same in all shows

With such a varied taste amonge audiences, can the production team ever please everyone?....
Yes absolutely they'll be able to please may be not the whole section but a chunk of the section does like the work of some particular production houses

What would be your advice to the creatives about audience views?...(Please keep this related to the DOTW )
They shud be in constant touch with the audiences views and try to impove their show on the basis of the views and comments

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

jyothi1989destinylove-Manita-MFRanjiniThe_May_Rose-Deepali-

MFRanjini IF-Rockerz
MFRanjini
MFRanjini

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 4:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by The_May_Rose

Lovely post MayBig smile

' Discission Of The Week '

Interactive but always get surprisedShockedLOL

Mostly fun and romanceLOL

They should not show something which all the viewers are hatingWink

Viewers can be good guide but most of the time it is "too many butchers spoil the cow"LOL

It depends upon how the director and producer take itEmbarrassed

Who benifits more from audience participation?...The channel from increased revenue or the viewer, by having the show the way they want?....

BothSmile

audience happy=production's own benefit

With such a varied taste among audiences, can the production team ever please everyone?....

No, its not always possible, so they have to keep a balance between all the audiancesSmile

What would be your advice to the creatives about audience views?...(Please keep this related to the DOTW )

Try to read what we want to say.......try to know what we are liking....try to stop showing what we are not likingLOL

Please add any further points to the discussion, which you think are relevant to this discussionSmile

@ Odhanians: Do criticize but give some time to the CVs so that they really take into matter what we wantBig smile

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

rafia 24jyothi1989destinylove-Manita-kubareThe_May_Rose-Deepali-

The_May_Rose IF-Sizzlerz
The_May_Rose
The_May_Rose

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 5:51am | IP Logged
Great answers, Jaya, Gaayu, Sana and RanjiniSmile

@Jaya - Glad you liked the topic, I had a feeling you would like the subject....Your idea regarding a monthly audience response sounds interesting and practical....Especially since views change after each episodeSmile....
@Gaayu - I edited the question....I realised it might have been a little confusingEmbarrassed....
@Sana - I liked reading a slightly different point of view from my own....You showed me a different perpectiveSmile...
@Ranjini - Loved yoru fun comments and some very clever answersWinkApprove...

Edited by The_May_Rose - 20 December 2010 at 6:37am

MFRanjinidestinylove-Manita--Deepali-

LimitLessFan IF-Stunnerz
LimitLessFan
LimitLessFan

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 6:31am | IP Logged
Lol, May u found logic  in my post ?? I repeated and most of my answers revolved on one thing ............ Wink but thanks for liking it ............... 

destinylove-Manita-The_May_Rose-Deepali-

-Deepali- IF-Stunnerz
-Deepali-
-Deepali-

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 6:59am | IP Logged
DEAR ALL,

I THINK ALL POINS ARE SHORTOUT IF OLD DILOGE WRITER
 AGAIN JOIN IN RBOLOL

DEEPALI

Go to top