Rang Badalti Odhani

DOTW - Creative Viewing

The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Interactive viewing has become an ever increasing pheonominum....The credit for which may be given to the rise of social network sites or reality TV....It could even be, because viewers want to control the content of what they watch and this could have both positve and negative consequences....This is especially relevent to Rang Badalti Odhani viewers as members of the creative team. Creative_1 & PARADOX_1, are active on this forum... 

' Discussion Of The Week '

What kind of viewer are you?....Interactive or like to be surprised?

What do you look for most in a show?

Should the production team take viewers demands into consideration or trust their own creative vision?

Should viewers guide creativity or should their views be kept to comment and concerns?

Does too much viewer feedback block creativity and damage the show?

Who benifits more from audience participation?...The channel from increased revenue or the viewer, by having the show the way they want?....

Do you feel audience demand is considered or does the the channel & production team make the ultimate discisions for their own benifit?...

With such a varied taste amonge audiences, can the production team ever please everyone?....

What would be your advice to the creatives about audience views?...(Please keep this related to the DOTW )

Please add any further points to the discussion, which you think are relevent to this discussion😊
Edited by The_May_Rose - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tvrasika thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
May,
Extremely thought-provoking questions... and on one of my fav topics too... thank you:)

Thoda dimaag ka use karna hai na, so will be back with replies later. 😃
-Manita- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: The_May_Rose

Hi May......

' Discission Of The Week '

Mostly I like to be surprised but I like to interact whenever I feel very strongly about something both positively and negatively.

Content - Story, presentation, characterisation.

Should the production team take viewers demands into consideration or trust their own creative vision?
Ideally they should trust their own vision because that is what attracts the viewers in the first place. More than demands, they should look into the concerns raised by the viewers, though, usually, it happens the reverse.

Should viewers guide creativity or should their views be kept to comment and concerns?
Viewers can write comments, concerns and also creative inputs, as they are the ones who are not being paid in the whole picture. When they devote their time to a show, they have a right to raise issues about every aspect that is going haywire including creativity but it is upto the CVs to take it in a correct way keeping the majority in view.

Yes....when instead of taking care of technical and content related stuff, the CVs start giving into the irrelevant demands of viewers.

Who benifits more from audience participation?...The channel from increased revenue or the viewer, by having the show the way they want?....
Definitely, the Channel......I don't think audience participation affects a show in any way.....not even reality shows (have always felt that reality shows are rehearsed and staged more than tv serials....) Audience participation only tells about the popularity of the show and increases it too...

Do you feel audience demand is considered or does the the channel & production team make the ultimate discisions for their own benifit?...
I've answered above......the decision is only of CVs and PH but they prefer to put the gun on audience's shoulders.

With such a varied taste among audiences, can the production team ever please everyone?....
No way.........and if they try to - they will end up making the show go off air.......I really don't think they are so naive to take important decisions simply to try to please few viewers especially when stakes are so high.

What would be you advice amount audience views to the creatives?...(Please keep this related to the DOTW )
Listen to it..........take care what majority has to say........if something is seriously going wrong, you will be able to hear the echo.....Forget the rest and consider it as audience ramblings.

Please add any further points to the discussion, which you think are relevent to this discussion😊
I think the CVs and PH should seriously consider concerns regarding technical nuances....like editing, dialogues, non-coherence in behaviour of characters, background score and it's volume.....as these are the key features that keep us hooked to the show.
Beyond this, each and every individual has every right to speak about the show as they are watching it in the first place. Please respect it.

Loved answering May......thanks for the relevant questions

tvrasika thumbnail
Manita,
You covered everything! Loved your response👏
The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
@Gaayu - Take you time, will look forward to your answers😊

@Manita - Loved all your answers and shared most of your views😊.....
-Manita- thumbnail

@Gaayu - Take you time, will look forward to your answers😊

@Manita - Loved all your answers and shared most of your views😊.....

Actually May....I should thank you for the questions........

this quality can be expected only from you........and you are one of those members who never let the quality of the forum go down.....Thanks for being here....
Edited by rbo_fan - 13 years ago
-Manita- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: tvrasika

Manita,
You covered everything! Loved your response👏

Thanks Gaayu........waiting to read your take.....!!
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Interactive viewing has become an ever increasing pheonominum....The credit for which may be given to the rise of social network sites or reality TV....It could even be, because viewers want to control the content of what they watch and this could have both positve and negative consequences....This is especially relevent to Rang Badalti Odhani viewers as members of the creative team. Creative_1 & PARADOX_1, are active on this forum... 

Brilliant topic May...........

' Discission Of The Week '

Matured and fun loving .......Like to be surprised, when u expect something normal and is presented with stunning scene or track which leaves u spellbound ,  that kind of surprise is always welcomed , well at times interactive only to express certain points , else i think most of the time they r clueless and run tracks based on ur opinions , in that case where is their creativity ?? 

Control over concept , lightness, simplicity and presentation ........

Should the production team take viewers demands into consideration or trust their own creative vision? First they should trust their creative team and once in a while take demand into consideration, else if they take only demands and put their Creative s work on hold , its meaningless ........Demands should be used once in a month to fit into creatives ideas not vice versa.........

Should viewers guide creativity or should their views be kept to comment and concerns?comment and concern shuld be limit, let creatives give u wht they actually have to offer ... give them chance ..... 

Does too much viewer feedback block creativity and damage the show?Yes, without doubt, if once ur demand is fulfilled the list grows endless and hence damage the show , as cvs will loose control over show and work on fitting demands in script which they themselves r not happy about but not able to express it ............ 

Who benifits more from audience participation?...The channel from increased revenue or the viewer, by having the show the way they want?.... First its channel, mostly it depends on which channel ur talking about , either starone r in general, if starone , u know the answer...........

Do you feel audience demand is considered or does the the channel & production team make the ultimate discisions for their own benifit?...Audience demands r considered in some channels a lot , and very less shows take their own decisions n either flourish or perish ....

With such a varied taste amonge audiences, can the production team ever please everyone?.... Never , its highly impossible to please everyone ..... as age group plays a major role , u cant satisfy a 30+ and 16+ audience at same time ........ 

What would be you advice amount audience views to the creatives?...(Please keep this related to the DOTW )Nothing .............

Loved answering them................
tvrasika thumbnail
My response in bold

Both. Didnt expect to ever interact with CVs but when it became possible, liked the idea.

Story. Most important. No story, no show! Then the way the story is presented, the characters and actors. Casting is important only next to a story I feel. If they get the casting wrong, no matter how good the story is, it won't reach the people.

They should definitely trust their vision. If they don't. who will? Viewers should not make 'unreasonable' demands. But they can make requests, point out areas that need attention. To start with, a show might just be the CV's baby, but eventually, viewers also start feeling a sense of ownership. So they care about how the show fares in today's competitive atmosphere.

I wouldn't want to 'guide' CVs. But I would like to comment and hope for my comments to be looked at, at the least.

Too much of anything can affect anything! Both viewers and CVs should know how to handle this interaction. There are some core aspects of a show that should not be compromised. As long as that is intact, viewer feedback will not affect creativity.

Who benefits more from audience participation?...The channel from increased revenue or the viewer, by having the show the way they want?....
The channel, first, because it means more revenue... and the viewers if their comments and concerns are taken into account and the show does better and better.

Definitely, the channel and PH make (and should make) the final decisions. Their benefit? How can a show that does not please majority audience benefit them? If they benefit, the audience also benefits in way of good entertainment, I hope.

With such a varied taste among audiences, can the production team ever please everyone?....
No. They cannot. The 'audience' is not a homogenous category. Viewers come from varied backgrounds, age groups, countries, and cultures. It's impossible to keep everyone happy all the time. But in spite of all these differences, the fact that members of a forum watch a show, means they have something in common. That commonality should be understood by the CVs- what holds this group together? That aspect should not be compromised- whether it is preference for a lead pair, or story, or genre (romance, family drama).

What would be you advice amount audience views to the creatives?...(Please keep this related to the DOTW )
Sorry. This question is unclear.

-Manita- thumbnail
@ Jaya and Gaayu......I appreciate your take and answers.

Your answers also reflect the TV viewing experience that you have from different channels......so loved them all the more....👏